Not your moma's Jets Defense.

RSJ

Most of this stuff was taken from other sites and tested and proven by me online and in practice mode. More to come later.

Personel Setup

RDE – Bryan Thomas, NT – Kris Jenkins, LDE Shaun Ellis

ROLB Calvin Pace, RILB Vernon Gholston, LILB Bart Scott, LOLB David Harris

RCB Lito Sheppard, FS Darrell Revis, SS Kerry Rhodes, LCB Dwight Lowery, NB Ahmad Carroll

If I find that I need a little more speed and coverage I will replace Harris with Leonhard.

Definitions

-Defenders are listed by their true position not from the offenses point of view (the ROLB is the OLB on the left of the screen)

-Pinch the DL Means Press L1 Down

-Reblitzing or Blitzing a player means that I click on that player and reblitz him

-The Gaps Are Labeled as so:

C-Gap, LT, B-Gap, LG, A-Gap, C, A-Gap, RG, B-Gap, RT, C-Gap

(I label these from the offenses perspective, for example the left A-Gap is to the left of the center)

Nano – A nano blitz is a blitz that gets to the QB in a nano second – Instant Heat.

Blitz Setups

*When I blitz a defender in the A-Gap he is usually somewhere between 2-3 yards from the line of scrimmage.*

*I also call bump and run during each one of the man blitzes.*

Nickel Sets

Formation: Nickel 1-5-5

Plays: Inside Zone Blitz, Cover 2 Sink, Cover 3

Setup: Move the RILB over the LG, Move the RILB over the RG and Reblitz Him, Move the MLB between the NT and the RILB

Formation: Nickel Normal (LB Pass Rush)

Plays: All Plays

Setup: Shift the DL to the Left, Blitz the LOLB over the RG, Move the ROLB into the left A-Gap and Blitz Him, DEs in coverage

Formation: Nickel Odd Split

Plays: All Plays

Setup: Blitz the LILB over the C, Move the RILB into the left A-gap and Blitz Him, DEs in Coverage

Dime Normal

Formation: Dime Normal (LB Pass Rush)

Plays: Any Play With Normal DL Stunts

Setup: Shift the DL to the right or left, Blitz the inside DB on the side you shifted the line towards (either the Nickel Back or Quarter Back) on the outside hip of the DE, opposite DE in contain

Dollar

Formation: Dollar Normal

Plays: 2 Man Under, 2 Man Press, Cover 1 Press, Cover 1 FS Robber, Wk Eagle Slant 3, Str Eagle Slant 3

Setup: Pinch the DL, Reblitz the DL, Move the LOLB into the right A-Gap, Manually rush the LDE

Dealing With Slide Protection:

Blitz a defensive back on the outside hip of an OT (try Wk Eagle Slant 3 or Str Eagle Slant 3)

Quarter Normal

Formation: Quarter Normal

Plays: 2 Man Under Spy, Cover 3, Cover 2, For All other plays reblitz the NT

Setup: Pinch the DL, Reblitz the DEs, Blitz the MLB in the left A-Gap

-Blitz a defensive back on the outside hip of an OT

46 Normal

Formation: 46 Normal

Plays: 2 Man Under, Cover 3 Press, Cover 3, Cover 4

Setup: Blitz the SS right over the RT

-Blitz a LB over the WDT

Formation: 34 Normal

Plays: 2 Man Under, Cover 1, Double TE, 2 Deep MLB Spy, Drop Zone

Setup: Pinch the DL, Reblitz the DEs, Blitz the RILB in the left A-Gap

Formation: 34 Predator

Plays: 2 Man Under, Cover 3, 2 Man Press, Drop Zone, Cover 2 Sink

Setup: Pinch the DL, Reblitz the LDE, Blitz the RILB in the left A-Gap

Fomation: 34 Solid

Plays: 2 Man Under/Cover 3/Drop Zone/Double TE/Double Man/Cover 2/Sting Pinch

Setup: Pinch the DL, Reblitz the DEs, Bltiz RILB in the left A-Gap

Formation: 34 Over

Plays: 2 Man Under/Cover 2/Cover 3/Drop Zone/Weak Blitz/All the Dbl Man Plays (Dbl TE, Dbl Z, etc.)

Setup: Blitz the LOLB, Reblitz the NT, LILB blitz in the left A-Gap

-Preferably choose a play where the OLB is taking a slanted blitz angle, such as 3-4 Solid Dbl TE

-If this is not possible Blitz an OLB opposite the A-Gap being blitzed and pinch the LBs

Nano’s

Now here are a few nano’s that are pretty easy to set up and bring heat through the A Gap and outside heat.

Play: 34 Solid Gap press

Setup – Reblitz RILB, place him over the right shoulder of the NT and speed burst him through the line

Play: 34 Over Sting pinch

Setup – Reblitz RILB and play him over the LDE right shoulder. Speed burst him right through the A gap. This is a great play against the Wildcat.

Play: 46 Normal Inside Blitz

Setup – Reblitz the RILB and place him between the NT and LDE. Then grab the LILB and rush him in behind the RILB. This play gets inside heat even if your opponent is pinching his protection.

If you like this let me know and I will post some offense.

I like Gholston at RE, it would make more sense.... keep harris inside and thomas outside

Gholston is the one I nano with. He is the fastest on defense and gets to the QB the quickest. Thomas is too slow to stop outside runs like FB fake, HB pitch. Speed is the key to this game, period.

Archived