The Official Shonn Greene / Play This Beast Thread

jaspegs

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this injury bug continues he might be right up there with Gholston as far as bust goes. Lucky for Gholston Greene had some yards today, and it seems although his bust crown is secure.

How did he get injured in the first place?

If this injury bug continues he might be right up there with Gholston as far as bust goes. Lucky for Gholston Greene had some yards today, and it seems although his bust crown is secure.

How did he get injured in the first place?

The last play he was in on he got bent at a really ugly angle. I was hoping he could shake it off..

Did you guys notice how fast and hard this kid hit the holes yesterday ? I saw him limp off the field did he get hurt ? It looks like he plays much faster than what he did in preseason, so that was impressive and encouraging.

I hope we see alot more of him as the season goes on . Keep in mind he drove the pile forward, something we have lacked with TJ. He also ran to the weak side off LT which is something we have not been able to do. Kind of makes you think.

Give this kid the ball :box:

Did you guys notice how fast and hard this kid hit the holes yesterday ? I saw him limp off the field did he get hurt ? It looks like he plays much faster than what he did in preseason, so that was impressive and encouraging.

I hope we see alot more of him as the season goes on . Keep in mind he drove the pile forward, something we have lacked with TJ. He also ran to the weak side off LT which is something we have not been able to do. Kind of makes you think.

Give this kid the ball :box:

+100000000000000000000000000000000000

I agree he looked very good. It was a good spot to get him some carries and he took advantage. I don't see any three headed monster. The other two don't look very good. If Greene plays well he will be the first. It'll be a one headed monster, which is one head better than what we're seeing now.

I Like the one head Idea as well. :cheers:

yeh he looked great, but got hurt.

Yep, he looked great.

But, AGAIN, he got hurt.

This is no minor thing (not the injury itself), but since August Greene has had 4 separate injuries.

I'm starting to think he's fragile.

Yep, he looked great.

But, AGAIN, he got hurt.

This is no minor thing (not the injury itself), but since August Greene has had 4 separate injuries.

I'm starting to think he's fragile.

1850 yards last year hardly makes him fragile I think they just need to rest him until hes fully healed .

as Greenbeans pointed out Sunday, he doesnt do the Texas Two Step behind the line of scrimmage. Greene just bulls ahead..pure north/south

frankly who gives a crap. he got hurt in preseason, he's hurt now. The team can't rely on a rookie who gets hurt every time he sees action. Say what you will about Thomas Jones, at least he's out there taking hits.

Im dissapointed b.c greene could have entered the game at 17-0 yesterday and gained 100 yards rushing from that point. That's how strong he looked.

But he didn't do that. He got his ankle rolled up on and Thomas Jones came back in...

frankly who gives a crap. he got hurt in preseason, he's hurt now. The team can't rely on a rookie who gets hurt every time he sees action. Say what you will about Thomas Jones, at least he's out there taking hits.

Im dissapointed b.c greene could have entered the game at 17-0 yesterday and gained 100 yards rushing from that point. That's how strong he looked.

But he didn't do that. He got his ankle rolled up on and Thomas Jones came back in...

yup..has to be on field to be effective..

i would be shocked if he doesnt play monday nite..he may be getting some 'hints' from coaches to tuf it out..

Jones wont be effective with his style while teams are putting 7/8 in box,,greene can run people over, jones cant

Part of the dilemma is that TJ is a well documented pro with a strong body of work.

Rex is smart enough to realize if he flat out sits TJ for SG he stands to lose the TJ guys on the team.

Other vets may also view themselves as expendable.

As a 1st year head coach this is an important consideration for him.

He has no HC resume that can buffer him from locker room politics.

ie: a BB or BP or Cowher can much easier say kiss my ass if you dont like it you are sitting and the team wont question it.

Personally I expect Greene to get 6-7 carries per game and if he explodes for some big chunks Rex will have a stronger case to gradually reduce TJ's role.

He makes yards after 1st meaningful contact. Something TJ has forgotten how to do.

Thing is TJ never did that. Hes a good running back but he never smashed into the line and hit the hole like Greene did on his 3 attempts yesterday. If Greene does not get hurt yesterday he would have finished out the game and ran the ball down the Saints throats.

If he re injured the same sprained ankle we need to let this kid heal properly and then get him back in there for the playoff run. He would be a huge addition heading into the Playoffs and give us good reason next year to deal TJ for some draft picks if were lucky a 4th rounder unless we can convince Al Davis that TJ is an absolute beast and get a 2nd :)

It was almost like Greene lit a bit of a fire on TJ because he quit dancing around in the backfield and was actually hitting the hole.

On a couple of carries, Greene made me think we might have a hidden gem on our team.

JIF I think we do have a hidden Gem Greene is a beast we just need to get him healthy.

Archived