The Official Shonn Greene / Play This Beast Thread

jaspegs

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow

What I dont understand is that we were not able to get these type of runs from Thomas Jones at all. Why cant the Jets understand that Shonn Greene has been asked for the last 3 games and when he finally got touches he produced.

I dont care if Jones was a probowler, Tomlinson was a probowler too. Im not saying to bench Thomas, well, then again, that is what im saying.

Start Greene and and mix it up with Washington, Bring Jones in the second half. He'll be fresh and wll be going against a tired defense.

We need to get a running game established from the begining of the football game and it looks like Greene can do that for us. this isnt hard.

What I dont understand is that we were not able to get these type of runs from Thomas Jones at all. Why cant the Jets understand that Shonn Greene has been asked for the last 3 games and when he finally got touches he produced.

I dont care if Jones was a probowler, Tomlinson was a probowler too. Im not saying to bench Thomas, well, then again, that is what im saying.

Start Greene and and mix it up with Washington, Bring Jones in the second half. He'll be fresh and wll be going against a tired defense.

We need to get a running game established from the begining of the football game and it looks like Greene can do that for us. this isnt hard.

Greene was dinged and got hurt during his three carries. Jones had a 15 yard TD. Does anybody remember that?

Did you see how many times TJ almost fell on that play from inconsequential contact??

Someone rolled Greene's ankle.

It happens.

Washington is a home run hitter. The Jets have upped his touches this year and he's not scoring. Jones is an adequate back that has put up three scores for an O that is doing nothing, but the board blames Jones. Greene got hurt. He can't carry the ball hurt. Should they keep giving him the ball? They looked ready to keep giving it to him, but he couldn't go. When he's healthy he'll get another chance.

PS: Don't talk **** about Jones TD. He never even stumbled Watch the replay. The proper complaint is that Richardson could have scored with a hole that size.

Washington is a home run hitter. The Jets have upped his touches this year and he's not scoring. Jones is an adequate back that has put up three scores for an O that is doing nothing, but the board blames Jones. Greene got hurt. He can't carry the ball hurt. Should they keep giving him the ball? They looked ready to keep giving it to him, but he couldn't go. When he's healthy he'll get another chance.

PS: Don't talk **** about Jones TD. He never even stumbled Watch the replay. The proper complaint is that Richardson could have scored with a hole that size.

Agree with the Richardson comment

FWIW, Jones was barely touched at the 5yd line and almost falls down before scoring.

Looking back on the play on youtube it is a good run but I am so sour on the guy this year it is like pulling a tooth for me to praise him.

Greene was dinged and got hurt during his three carries. Jones had a 15 yard TD. Does anybody remember that?

This guy has been awfully fragile up to now. Hard to call him a beast when he cannot stay on the field for more than a few plays. Maybe it is just bad luck. Maybe he has to tough it out.

I too have in the past advocated for trading TJ for picks and letting Greene get the nod behind Leon but as much as we want Greene to be ready now to take the ball and run with it, it's not going to happen. He may have the talent, but we will need to bring him along slowly. It helps if you think of it as the Greene rules, alla Joba. If he's good for next week let's get him six or eight carries, but not much more. The last thing we need is another injury so that next year we still don't know what we have with Greene, and end up waisting salary cap or picks on a running back when in fact we might only need a third string tail.

Mendenhall, Moreno and to a lesser extent AP all had some injuries as rookies, and they seem to be developing okay now. Hopefully Greene can too. I like what I saw from what limited action I saw him in. I feel he immediately would improve the offense and change the entire dynamic. But...well, I too wonder of his durability. A lot of top RBs are out due to injury here and there, the Curtis Martin/TJ level of durability is actually the exception and not the norm. That's why having 2 RBs and also even having a 3rd guy that can step in and carry the load in a pinch is how most NFL teams operate now.

Leon Washington will always be a guy that can carry the load in spot duty, and now the Jets just need to make sure there's always at least one other guy. The problem is with TJ there, that's a waste of a spot so you can't have that third guy really. TJ will be gone by the end of the year though.

I too have in the past advocated for trading TJ for picks and letting Greene get the nod behind Leon but as much as we want Greene to be ready now to take the ball and run with it, it's not going to happen. He may have the talent, but we will need to bring him along slowly. It helps if you think of it as the Greene rules, alla Joba. If he's good for next week let's get him six or eight carries, but not much more. The last thing we need is another injury so that next year we still don't know what we have with Greene, and end up waisting salary cap or picks on a running back when in fact we might only need a third string tail.

There's a difference, Joba is a bum, no matter the "special" rules, maybe he should be in the Special Olympics. Greene should be starting.

Archived