The Official Shonn Greene / Play This Beast Thread

jaspegs

Just curious how the Jets will fill in the gaps (TE, DE, WR). I feel better after hearing Ryan say Green was the highest on their board by a long shot, but giving up the last quality pick (the 4th) to get there is too much IMO, regardless of the value chart numbers.

Couldn't agree more. We've got more holes now than we did before the draft. We gave up WAAAAY too much to move up in the 3rd. Cleveland only got a 6th rounder for moving down 2 spots IN THE 1ST ROUND !!

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No one is considering the concern for the Jets FO might be Leon and not Jones?

Jones is getting cut next year; that's pretty much a given. Leon is a free agent next year & even though they've been talking for some time now, the Jets have not locked him up yet.

Sperm, it's April. They have a whole 10 months to re-sign Leon before he files for free agency.

So using the word "yet" is entirely premature.

Shonn Green absolutely tearing up Wisoncsins defense for 200+ yards and 4 tds. Feel free to put all the Green videos in here, so as to introduce him to all those who haven't watched him this year.

Just watch his legs never stop moving, keeps pushing the pile and how he actually carries a couple people a few points in this video, which is only one game mind you.

He's what TJ should be with his size.

Edit: Whoever says he basis his player on the song in the youtube video, you should like this hah

There is always more talent at the top of the draft. We traded that first-day pick in the second round. We filled 0 imminent needs. We got no depth...

More picks = more chances to strike lightning.

The Pats have it right. Trade down. Stockpile picks, give yourself some options.[/quote]

New England seems to have had more sucess doing it their way haven't they ? Tanny apparent thinks differently. :( NE's still dealing today. They even pick up a 2nd rounder in 2010 already.

Sperm, it's April. They have a whole 10 months to re-sign Leon before he files for free agency.

So using the word "yet" is entirely premature.

I wouldn't say it's "entirely" premature since they've been talking for months already & don't have anything done yet.

It's one of the reasons I like this pick. A true power RB plus it provides a lot more negotiating leverage with Leon than just Thomas Jones.

My arguement is that it was NOT an area of need heading into the draft. We've STILL got a hole at WR, backup NT and no OT line depth PLUS we now need a DE. :roll:

It is an area of need...

The JETS have 2 RBs that might not be here next year...

Don't like this pick at all.

Slow. Can't catch. Bad blocker. Dumb. Durability questions?

GREAT PICK!!!!!11111

We're going to win the fricken superbowlz this yr!

Do yourself a favor and watch the kid before you call him slow and a bad pick. Just watch the highlight against Wisconsin...that is all in 1 game. Of all the guys Tanny has traded up for in recent memory, who has not panned out?? They seem to know solid talent when they want to go up and get it.

Do yourself a favor and watch the kid before you call him slow and a bad pick. Just watch the highlight against Wisconsin...that is all in 1 game. Of all the guys Tanny has traded up for in recent memory, who has not panned out?? They seem to know solid talent when they want to go up and get it.

LINKY????

Tanny traded up for Revis and Keller...

Now Sanchez and Greene... I hope it works out as good!

Edit: Harris too right?

Ryn knows the talent in the draft is so - so.

Thats why you move up on day 2 and grab Sanchez.

that' what I've been thinking too 3-7...weak assed draft class and everybody knows it-most of these guys we'll see getting drafted from the 5th round up will be Fed Ex and UPS drivers by September

Right, and if the only way to get what you want means getting hosed, then you don't do it. You can want in one hand and $hit in the other; see which one fills up first!

I think Sperm already debunked the "getting hosed" theory... sorry Ryno...

When Tanny trades up... it is for the right guy...

Revis

Harris

Keller

All traded up for...

Tanny traded up for Revis and Keller...

Now Sanchez and Greene... I hope it works out as good!

Edit: Harris too right?

Yes Harris too.

Its clear that Tanny wants certain guys and will do what it takes to get them. Its worked out so far. Lets hope this year is no different.

You cant deny the talent of the 2 new members to the NY Jets.

I think Sperm already debunked the "getting hosed" theory... sorry Ryno...

When Tanny trades up... it is for the right guy...

Revis

Harris

Keller

All traded up for...

Actually, Sperm said they overpaid a bit, according to the "value" chart.

I am well aware of the recent success in moving up to grab guys, but those were all first round guys (I know Harris went in Rd 2, but he was a 1st Rd talent). It would be ridiculous to assume that he would bat 1000 with all these moves. Wishful thinking if you ask me, especially when the Jets have glaring holes. I don't hate the move to grab Greene, but I have no idea where a blocking TE, a starting DE, a true #1 WR, and depth at S, NT, and OL are going to come from? UDFAs? June cuts? Trades?

WOW. I just got home and didnt know what was going on.

I am shocked we didnt take Gilbert, especially with Coleman leaving. That said, Rex has to believe that he has his DE already on the roster. He did say that Coleman didnt fit his defense...very interesting.

Maybe Gilbert doesnt fit the defense as well.

However, I do like Greene. I picked them to beat Penn St. this year basically because of him.

I am shocked we didnt take Gilbert, especially with Coleman leaving. That said, Rex has to believe that he has his DE already on the roster. He did say that Coleman didnt fit his defense...very interesting.

However, I do like Greene. I picked them to beat Penn St. this year basically because of him.

He took BAP

Green was best player on board when they picked, higher grade ..i like it

Actually, Sperm said they overpaid a bit, according to the "value" chart.

I am well aware of the recent success in moving up to grab guys, but those were all first round guys (I know Harris went in Rd 2, but he was a 1st Rd talent). It would be ridiculous to assume that he would bat 1000 with all these moves. Wishful thinking if you ask me, especially when the Jets have glaring holes. I don't hate the move to grab Greene, but I have no idea where a blocking TE, a starting DE, a true #1 WR, and depth at S, NT, and OL are going to come from? UDFAs? June cuts? Trades?

Well the 4th that they overpaid with is a function of where our pick was in round 4 more than us overpaying outright. The pick a handful of slots later in round 4 is the "on paper" value. But we didn't own that pick. The 7th is a throw-in, as it had virtually no trade value.

Technically, what would have made it even was them giving us their 7th instead of us giving ours to them. Having zero 7th round picks instead of two 7th round picks doesn't break my heart. The same talent exists as UDFA's.

Overall, the trade was pretty even. If it's a player you want THAT badly, you don't get caught up in who is or isn't giving up the 7th round compensation that would even out the numbers according to a draft value chart invented before free agency or the salary cap.

He took BAP

Green was best player on board when they picked, higher grade ..i like it

I dont know.

A RB or a 3-4 DE???

IMO a 3-4 DE is much more valuable.

I like the pick, dont get me wrong, but when you just lost your starter in a trade and there is a damn good athletic 3-4 DE on the board, it would make sense.

I dont know.

A RB or a 3-4 DE???

I like the pick, dont get me wrong, but when you just lost your starter in a trade and there is a damn good athletic 3-4 DE on the board, it would make sense.

I honestly think Coleman's starting days were over even if he wasn't traded. DeVito outplayed him, Douglas is a Ryan guy and I suspect Gholston will get time at DE in obvious passing situations.

I dont know.

A RB or a 3-4 DE???

The Jets are not running a straight 3-4 defense like under Mangini. Coleman's value was considerably more before Ryan got here, and he wasn't so marvelous anyway. He did a pretty good job in '07, but when you take a step backward when the "big change" is sticking Kris Jenkins next to you instead of DRob, then regressing is inexcusable.

The Jets are not running a straight 3-4 defense like under Mangini. Coleman's value was considerably more before Ryan got here, and he wasn't so marvelous anyway. He did a pretty good job in '07, but when you take a step backward when the "big change" is sticking Kris Jenkins next to you instead of DRob, then regressing is inexcusable.

If not executable.

Yes Harris too.

Its clear that Tanny wants certain guys and will do what it takes to get them. Its worked out so far. Lets hope this year is no different.

You cant deny the talent of the 2 new members to the NY Jets.

If it works this year... that would be 5 players in 3 years... all starters and a few of them elite players... not bad at all...

Don't like this pick at all.

Slow. Can't catch. Bad blocker. Dumb. Durability questions?

GREAT PICK!!!!!11111

We're going to win the fricken superbowlz this yr!

Slow??? Show me someone else 230 lbs who runs over and drags people, was drafted in the 3rd round and runs faster than 4.6.

Gah, Roger Vick! That guy's name may as well be 'Bagel Street' around here. 'Slowly I turned, step by step, inch by inch...'

Don't call me dude!

I think Ryan doesn't want any of these total non-penetrators. I think Ellis, Devito and Douglas can cover that spot. It's a pretty big dead money hit to dump him though.

Archived