The Official Shonn Greene / Play This Beast Thread

jaspegs

At least I'm not the only one that can't figure out how to post a youtube video.

Who the hell said Greene can't break tackles?

Quote from someone in the grade the draft thread:

" Well, it will obviously be an A if our dumb ****ing picks pan out, but right now, it's an F for me.

No weapons added offensively. Just an overhyped QB and a giant slow running back that doesn't break tackles. Have fun throwing to David Clowney and Chansi Stuckey, Mark.

"

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At least I'm not the only one that can't figure out how to post a youtube video.

Who the hell said Greene can't break tackles?

Posting a utube vid on here:

1. Get the Youtube URL

2. Click the utube icon on the format menu

3. Paste everything after the "=" sign in the utube url between the [utube][/utube], ignore anything before the "=".

Voila!

I said he couldn't break tackles based on a two-minute "highlight" video that someone posted in another thread. Two minutes, and nary a broken tackle. He hit the defenders hard, but he fell down every time.

Guess it was just a ****ty video.

I hope you're right, because all that highlight tape showed was a slow guy that didn't break tackles.

And a "bruiser" that doesn't break tackles is completely useless.

This is just one game, but go to 1:40 and you'll see him break some tackles; probably the most impressive run in that game.

d9PAm2J1hu8

Posting a utube vid on here:

1. Get the Youtube URL

2. Click the utube icon on the format menu

3. Paste everything after the "=" sign in the utube url between the [utube][/utube], ignore anything before the "=".

Voila!

Oh, I've been posting all of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_bV8ge2ck8&feature=PlayList&p=70DB61FCF45E65A7&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=25

I posted that part of it and it didn't work??? I'm retarded.

h_bV8ge2ck8

The knock on him is no second gear and questionable speed as an outside runner. That being said we don't need him for that purpose. He is a power back with great drive and leg strength and that is why we drafted him as a 3rd rounder. Thunder to our lightning basically. I was happy with the drafting him as he is a back with some upside.

junior or senior? Maybe some Brad Baxter mixed in....

The third.:D

Barber is a beast, and the way he bounces off defenders is similar to the way Greene does. They're not home run hitting type backs but they bring a lot to the table and would be a nightmare for tired defenders (Which is why IMO we should probably keep TJ).

The Jets should pound TJ for about 3 quarters then in the 4th bring in Greene and Leon, how the **** could tired defenders deal with that TRUE thunder and lightning attack?

Bron-Zee next you're going to have to teach me how to post a picture in this spot that I'm writing...

rh3nfd.jpg

Click that buttom.

Get the URL of the images

Paste it in the box that pops up

Viola, pick posted.

This is what's in the address bar

What part do I use? I tried using everything after the = sign but it didn't work.

Dont use the address bar URL, use the URL on the actual Youtube page, under the description of the video and above the "EMBED" code.

[YOUTU.BE] h_bV8ge2ck8

^^^ like that ( without the spaces)

h_bV8ge2ck8

The knock on him is no second gear and questionable speed as an outside runner. That being said we don't need him for that purpose. He is a power back with great drive and leg strength and that is why we drafted him as a 3rd rounder. Thunder to our lightning basically. I was happy with the drafting him as he is a back with some upside.

True but now we have

Thunder - Greene

Lighting - Washington

Rain, Wind, Clouds? - Jones

This is what's in the address bar

What part do I use? I tried using everything after the = sign but it didn't work.

hey Mick make sure your setting look exactly like what Dark lady posted to show me-you might be in standard setting and not advanced (like I was for 3 years)

KB09ZcOE_co

beast.

That amazing play at 0:20 sort of reminded me of this:

eLkxKbeXwtc

Maybe not quite as impressive as that on but I'm telling you they're so ****ing similar!

If he can be a Marion Barber type player then not only have we got one of the steals of the draft but we might have the best running attack in the league next season.

I hope you're right, because all that highlight tape showed was a slow guy that didn't break tackles.

And a "bruiser" that doesn't break tackles is completely useless.

That was a pretty bad video. The guy breaks a lot of tackles and runs physcially.

The worry I have with him is how long he can sustain making a career running style. Backs like that don't tend to be effective for too long, he's going to take a lot of hits.

BTW, I don't like the idea of trading Thomas Jones. Despite the fact that I'm probably more critical of him than just about anyone.

Run his ass into the ground this season and let Greene and Washington take advantage of tired defenders.

For an example of how effective this system can be see what Dallas used to do with TJ's brother and Marion Barber (Who I've already said draws major comparisons to Greene). The last thing tired defenders want is to deal with a guy like Greene who'll simply refuse to go down easily. Also, as much as I don't rate TJ, he's better than his brother Julius and thus it could be more effective.

I like this trio of running backs in a offense that is going to be built around running the ball. Maybe we wont need a great WR next season because we wont be relying on them much anyways. Smashmouth football is the way to go in 2009!

Most of them do.

Some more than others. Greene is te type of back that will need to initiate contact to be successful. He doesn't have the luxury of having great speed or quickness so you know he's going to have run through defenders, not around them.

fwiw I still think beanie was the most talented back in the draft. But he is soft and injured a lot for a position where you need toughness.

He's by far the most talented, not even close IMO.

I'm not sure if he's "soft" but the durability issues really killed his stock. Guy simply could not stay on the field.

Archived