The Official Shonn Greene / Play This Beast Thread

jaspegs

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DAYUM!!! He reminds me of the BUS Jerome Bettis!! Nice ball protection too.

Yeah he seriously looks like Bettis in his prime, same size same style to, he uses his size and weight to win one on one battles, should keep him healthy to his knees won't wear down as fast because he won't have to run full speed all the time.

True but now we have

Thunder - Greene

Lighting - Washington

Rain, Wind, Clouds? - Jones

and jehuu Caulcrick is some Hail! Go check some you tube and watch him and his partner Javon ringer get theirs. lol

Thomas jones needs to go, I know how bad that sound after we were blowing him after every game last year, calling him our MVP...blah,blah, but this is a tough business, you want top tier money and you just had your best year EVER thanks to a great line. Thanks for the one good year and one wasted year, not bad, enjoy the trophy. See you at the Curtis Martin induction if you have any class.

OK, here's the mission, Tanny, Rex, listen, we NEED to turn Thomas Jones into a top notch NFL reciever ( "field stretcher" "possesion reciever" I don't give a crapp, take TJ, show everyone his highlight reel and remind them he is a rushing champ, and come back with a bada$$ reciever. OK? That it, that's all we need. Now go!! What are you standin around for)

The jets are going to say that no matter what-take it with a grain of salt.

He is more of a powerful back than a guy that will break it every time he touches the ball.

ryan wants him as a jerome bettis type back. a big, powerful, punishing inside the tackles battering ram who wears down defenses. leon is the perfect copliment to him. if greene pans out we will have a nice rb tandem. this plays right into his smashmouth, all-weather offense plan. TJ should and will be a goner.

ryan wants him as a jerome bettis type back. a big, powerful, punishing inside the tackles battering ram who wears down defenses. leon is the perfect copliment to him. if greene pans out we will have a nice rb tandem. this plays right into his smashmouth, all-weather offense plan. TJ should and will be a goner.

Bettis was about 25lbs heavier then Greene, just saying.

Bettis was about 25lbs heavier then Greene, just saying.

i know that.....that's why i said bettis-type. i didn't mean he was the next jerome bettis. ijust meant a guy who can break tackles, and can pound it between the hash marks, and get the tough yard on 3rd and 1 or at the goal line. that's what shonn greene's role is hopefully going to be. 5'11" at 235 is a nice sized power back.

The jets are going to say that no matter what-take it with a grain of salt.

He is more of a powerful back than a guy that will break it every time he touches the ball.

Actually, the Jets are not going to say that no matter what.

Why? Because they traded 3 draft picks to get him. Why did you think they did that?

Because they thought he was the best RB in the draft (or, at least, the best RB available then). They were not in a position of, "Oh snap, we made this trade, now we have to find a reason for why they did it."

Of course, the Jets could be wrong in their evaluation. It happens often. But I see know basis for anyone to claim that the Jets are using spin to justify the trade.

They thought he was the best and traded for him.

I loved the pick. Now they just need to lock up Leon long term and let TJ go **** himself. I think he's the perfect type of back to team up with Washingtong

It's a nice consolation for you. I remember how upset you were last year that we didn't trade up and draft Darren McFadden.

:D

The Jets still need TJ....just not at his requested salary. :lol:

TJ will definately be on the team IMO. They really do need a 3-headed RB monster. The team is better with TJ-Leon-Greene.

It was insane that the Jets had only 2 RBs on the roster most of the season (3rd guy's suspension & injury). The Jets got lucky.

It's a nice consolation for you. I remember how upset you were last year that we didn't trade up and draft Darren McFadden.

:D

I don't even wanna talk about that, I was in love with noodle legs and it was just another example of Al Davis showing the league he's smarter then everyone else. Me and Favorite Toon where pissed

wells > moreno > brown > greene

I think Moreno will hands down be the best back in this class. He isn't the fastest but 40 times are overrated, just ask Al Davis. He's got great field vision and instincts but that's as a feature back. I think for what we needed already having Leon he was probably the best back in the draft for us and we picked him up in the 3rd. I like to complain about picks but I like this one. I love a physical back who likes contact and I know we got one in Jones, he's a big physical guy and can definitely bench more then me sadly though for a guy his size the only contact he makes is with the ground the second there's a defender around

I really doubt anybody thought Greene was the best back in the draft. He's a slow one-year wonder from the big ten and he makes Michael Oher look like Stephen Hawking. That said, the top of the third is a great place to find running backs and it's very rare that all but four are still on the board at that point. Great trade, questionable selection. Sound familiar?

Archived