I have a possible name for WR - anyone buying?

Stonehands

If you are part of the group that wants us to upgrade at WR in season, you have to ask yourself who is available and are they going to be better than what we already have. Most top receivers are signed to contracts that make it difficult to trade them or are so entwined in their current offense that the teams cannot afford to get rid of them. The rest of the guys don't represent a significant upgrade over what we have already and require time to learn a new system. The one name I came up with is a guy with a contract that is in its final year, has been a pro bowler and who could possibly have worn out his welcome with his current team. Anyone buying Terrell Owens before the trade deadline?

If you are part of the group that wants us to upgrade at WR in season, you have to ask yourself who is available and are they going to be better than what we already have. Most top receivers are signed to contracts that make it difficult to trade them or are so entwined in their current offense that the teams cannot afford to get rid of them. The rest of the guys don't represent a significant upgrade over what we have already and require time to learn a new system. The one name I came up with is a guy with a contract that is in its final year, has been a pro bowler and who could possibly have worn out his welcome with his current team. Anyone buying Terrell Owens before the trade deadline?

No

Why would we trade for a guy we could have had as a FA? Do you think T.O. wants to play in ****ing Buffalo for god sake?

We had our shot at T.O. and clearly we werent interested. Is that a good or bad thing...idk.

I would be for it if we could get him really cheap because I think Bart Scott or somebody on that defense would wind up killing him by the second week but as far as an upgrade at receiver I'd pass. There's a reason he drew 0 interest from anyone this offseason. If you think Buffalo wasn't his last choice of city's to play in you're nuts.

I think Owens Option is something you employ only if you're going for broke right now. We have a rookie at QB so we'll probably not be going to the Super Bowl this year. By next year or the year after, when we might well be ready to go, Owens will likely have blown up the team.

So no.

We passed on TO in the off-season because he's turned into an overrated cry baby WR who can't catch passes and is a detriment to the team. I wouldn't trade anything for him because he'll be here for one year and thats it. Plus, if we want him so bad he'll be available next year. Only a year older, a year of crying and a year of him losing a step.

1.Why would the Bills trade him?

2.Why would you want to bring his negative energy around Sanchez?

3. The NYC media would eat him alive. He'd probably self destruct.

Why would they trade him? Are you loopy? He is gone at the end of the year, they aren't winning anything this year and they get a chance acquire draft picks for a failed experiment.

Why would they trade him? Are you loopy? He is gone at the end of the year, they aren't winning anything this year and they get a chance acquire draft picks for a failed experiment.

Why would the JETS waste a draft pick on an over the hill reciever as opposed to a young available one?

No, I wanted a deal done in August. The fact that they've ignored WR for pretty much my entire life angers me more and more daily.

then you must be pretty young. Also, they have David Clowney. For some reason they are not utilizing him and I personally think that he will produce.

Same thing with the running game. Jones is obviously done. Greene needs to be in there doing his thing. Instead the Jets are allowing Jones to do this little shake and then bounce it to the outside like he's EVER been able to bounce it to the outside. Maybe in Chicago but not here.

Ni.

Why would the JETS waste a draft pick on an over the hill reciever as opposed to a young available one?

Could you please re-read the opening post instead of asking dumb questions? I am not suggesting the Jets ever would consider it. Some on this sight have clamored for another wide receiver. Here is the name of a guy you could possibly get. I opened the floor for everyone to comment. My call is no.

Archived