Kyle Orton is 25-12 in the NFL so far

Blackout

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No he sucks. I've actually watched him play. I'm not quite sure how the Broncos keep winning with this duck hurler at the helm. They beat the Bengals on a fluke play where it bounced off his intended WR's hands and Stokely caught it and ran it in for a fluke TD. They beat the Cowboys with a duck pass to Marshall I think it was, who then made the entire Dallas D miss tackles en route to a TD. I don't know how these things happen. I think he would win the lottery if he played it.

No he sucks. I've actually watched him play. I'm not quite sure how the Broncos keep winning with this duck hurler at the helm. They beat the Bengals on a fluke play where it bounced off his intended WR's hands and Stokely caught it and ran it in for a fluke TD. They beat the Cowboys with a duck pass to Marshall I think it was, who then made the entire Dallas D miss tackles en route to a TD. I don't know how these things happen. I think he would win the lottery if he played it.

5 td's 0 ints no mistakes and a great defense = wins (yes the Broncos D is for real). It DOES NOT mean Suck.

Kyle Orton is not a world beater but somehow the guy always gets it done. Hes a smart player. This week he got the ball to Brandon Marshall who broke 95 tackles to win the game. Like I have always said get the ball to your play makers and let them win the game for you.

Must be nice to have WR's

5 td's 0 ints no mistakes and a great defense = wins (yes the Broncos D is for real). It DOES NOT mean Suck.

Kyle Orton is not a world beater but somehow the guy always gets it done. Hes a smart player. This week he got the ball to Brandon Marshall who broke 95 tackles to win the game. Like I have always said get the ball to your play makers and let them win the game for you.

Must be nice to have WR's

I'm going to go with my theory that everyone he played so far just sucks. I thought the Cowboys didn't, but I find it more likely that the Cowboys suck than Orton is good. I used to say the same things as you, pointing to his record as a starter and all that, but then I watched him play and I refuse to say he is good.

Obviously the Cowboys were this week, but before then he faced the Bengals, Browns and Raiders. I figured the Cowboys were a real team, because those first 3 teams sure as hell don't count. The Bengals are good but they are still the bungles, and lost it in true bungle fashion. I don't need to really tell you that the Browns and Raiders aren't actually NFL teams.

Next week the Broncos get the Pats. You know what, if Orton wins that game, I will have no choice but to admit he is somehow a good QB. I am not even rooting against him or anything, his results just defy what I see with my own eyes. You know Trent Dilfer won a SB so won-loss can't possibly mean you are a good QB. But if you beat good teams and do well in those games how can anyone argue. Not that the Pats are a great team, but at least they're a step above the other crap Orton has faced. I guess I can give Orton that he looks better than Romo, who is actively trying to kill his WRs, especially Roy Williams. Now I dislike Williams as much as the next guy, but trying to get the guy injured I think is overboard. I will admit Orton doesn't try that.

It doesn't matter how the duck gets to the pond...just as long as it gets there ;)

:face: Still dancing to a different beat I see . :roll:

preseason everyone thought the broncos were stupid for trading Cutler.

Here we are, Broncs are undefeated and Orton is playing just fine.

Cutler doesn't follow orders, he's a gunslinger who wanted a huge contract, which is why they got rid of him.

Orton isn't fancy but he does what the coach tells him to... which is basic football 101.

bitoni.....Cutler is doing just fine in Chicago

yeah and Favre looks great in Minny... but in the long run a gunslinging approach is usually not a championship approach.

at the very least all those who thought McDaniel was a terrible, horrible, stupid, useless head coach for getting rid of Cutler, should rethink their position. There are many ways to win in the NFL, you don't need a gunslinger.

FWIW when Cutler refused to talk to Bowlen that displayed what type of human he is.

There are many ways to win in the NFL

Agreed. Playing the Bengals, Browns, Raiders and Cowboys are definitely a way to win in the NFL.

We'll see where the Broncos stand 13 weeks from now. I believe the unraveling will start this week against the Patriots. If I'm wrong about them, I'll eat crow.

I'm going to go with my theory that everyone he played so far just sucks. I thought the Cowboys didn't, but I find it more likely that the Cowboys suck than Orton is good. I used to say the same things as you, pointing to his record as a starter and all that, but then I watched him play and I refuse to say he is good.

Obviously the Cowboys were this week, but before then he faced the Bengals, Browns and Raiders. I figured the Cowboys were a real team, because those first 3 teams sure as hell don't count. The Bengals are good but they are still the bungles, and lost it in true bungle fashion. I don't need to really tell you that the Browns and Raiders aren't actually NFL teams.

Next week the Broncos get the Pats. You know what, if Orton wins that game, I will have no choice but to admit he is somehow a good QB. I am not even rooting against him or anything, his results just defy what I see with my own eyes. You know Trent Dilfer won a SB so won-loss can't possibly mean you are a good QB. But if you beat good teams and do well in those games how can anyone argue. Not that the Pats are a great team, but at least they're a step above the other crap Orton has faced. I guess I can give Orton that he looks better than Romo, who is actively trying to kill his WRs, especially Roy Williams. Now I dislike Williams as much as the next guy, but trying to get the guy injured I think is overboard. I will admit Orton doesn't try that.

Sucks is a strong word. Jamarcus Russel SUCKS not much to argue about there.

Kyle Orton is a very smart QB and he does not turn the ball over. Is he the type of QB that can bring you back from a 21 - o deficite ? Probably not. But he does realize he has a great defense and that protecting the football gives you a good chance to win.

5 td's and 0 Int's are hard to use in the same sentence as suck plus hes still getting in sync with his WR's and the offense. Lets wait a few weeks or maybe even to mid season before we start throwing the word suck around. Just like you used to have the same Idea I have now thats hes a good smart football player I used to think he sucked so Its kind of funny how things change in different ways for differnt fans.

They have had an easy schedule but there defense has dominated in a huge way. These are still NFL teams and NFL talent they are facing and beating the cowgirls gave them a little bit of confirmation. I would not want the Jets to face this team right now.

Agreed. Playing the Bengals, Browns, Raiders and Cowboys are definitely a way to win in the NFL.

We'll see where the Broncos stand 13 weeks from now. I believe the unraveling will start this week against the Patriots. If I'm wrong about them, I'll eat crow.

The Browns and Raiders are the only weak teams they beat the Bengals are a pretty damn good team. The Cowboys are horribly coached but you still have to deal with their talent that can win a given game quite easily.

The Browns and Raiders are the only weak teams they beat the Bengals are a pretty damn good team. The Cowboys are horribly coached but you still have to deal with their talent that can win a given game quite easily.

I stand corrected. The Bengals (who had to go to OT to beat the Browns) and Cowboys only slightly suck. Therefore, we were all DEAD WRONG about McDaniels and Orton.

They have had an easy schedule but there defense has dominated in a huge way. These are still NFL teams and NFL talent they are facing and beating the cowgirls gave them a little bit of confirmation. I would not want the Jets to face this team right now.

I'll give you the Bengals and the Cowboys. But no way do I have to admit the Browns and Raiders are NFL teams.

I stand corrected. The Bengals (who had to go to OT to beat the Browns) and Cowboys only slightly suck. Therefore, we were all DEAD WRONG about McDaniels and Orton.

Browns and Bengals happens to be a Division game. If we barely get by the FIns Im sure you will chalk that up to a tough division game as well. Joshua Cribbs had a great game vs the Bengals and sometimes great players can make things happen vs good teams. The Bengals came back and won the game.

We said the same thing about the crap ass Raiders last year and where did that get us ?

Browns and Bengals happens to be a Division game. If we barely get by the FIns Im sure you will chalk that up to a tough division game as well. Joshua Cribbs had a great game vs the Bengals and sometimes great players can make things happen vs good teams. The Bengals came back and won the game.

We said the same thing about the crap ass Raiders last year and where did that get us ?

1. If we don't smoke the Dolphins, I'll be disappointed, and I certainly won't chalk it up to Miami "getting up" for a divisional matchup. I'll be legitimately concerned if we don't win this one by at LEAST 10 points.

2. It shouldn't have taken Josh Cribbs' efforts alone to beat the Browns. Where were Palmer, Benson, Ocho Cinco and the rest of the Bengal offense?

2. Yes, we underestimated the Raiders last year. Mangini tended to that a lot last season. You'll remember we also squeaked by the Bengals, Chiefs, and Bills too, and lost some other games we shouldn't have (Seahawks game, for one). But this is a new era of Jets football.

1. If we don't smoke the Dolphins, I'll be disappointed, and I certainly won't chalk it up to Miami "getting up" for a divisional matchup. I'll be legitimately concerned if we don't win this one by at LEAST 10 points.

2. It shouldn't have taken Josh Cribbs' efforts alone to beat the Browns. Where were Palmer, Benson, Ocho Cinco and the rest of the Bengal offense?

2. Yes, we underestimated the Raiders last year. Mangini tended to that a lot last season. You'll remember we also squeaked by the Bengals, Chiefs, and Bills too, and lost some other games we shouldn't have (Seahawks game, for one). But this is a new era of Jets football.

I understand this is a new era of Jets football I was just trying to make a point. I also expect to demolish the fins but I wont be completely shocked if the fins make us work for it and you should'nt either. Division games are tough and sometimes the better team gets a beating before they pull out the win. We had our fair share of close games vs much better teams in our division over the years. Its the nature of the rivalry teams get up for division games its that simple.

yeah and Favre looks great in Minny... but in the long run a gunslinging approach is usually not a championship approach.

at the very least all those who thought McDaniel was a terrible, horrible, stupid, useless head coach for getting rid of Cutler, should rethink their position. There are many ways to win in the NFL, you don't need a gunslinger.

FWIW when Cutler refused to talk to Bowlen that displayed what type of human he is.

Bit I agree with you on the Cutler thing. He just seems to make too many stupid mistakes, at least up to this point in his career.

On the other hand Favre has not had the gunslinger mentality so far this year. He has managed the Vikings well and I have not seen him heave up the usual stupid pass yet, mostly because they have been ahead. When Favre gets down by 14 or more in a game is where he starts getting stupid because he begins to play very impatiently and makes the stupid play. Favre has a terrible record when down by 14 or more in a game he almost never brings a team back in that situation.

Those of you bashing Kyle Orton who happens to be a very smart very solid QB should rethink your stance. Thanks for the beating of the Pats Kyle :)

I watched that game yesterday and the thing that surprised me is that Orton's arm wasn't that bad. He had lots of zip on his medium ranged throws. When I hear about a weak armed QB I naturally compare him to Pennington, but he is no Pennington. I think the Bronco's are real.

I watched that game yesterday and the thing that surprised me is that Orton's arm wasn't that bad. He had lots of zip on his medium ranged throws. When I hear about a weak armed QB I naturally compare him to Pennington, but he is no Pennington. I think the Bronco's are real.

What people dont realize is Orton has a very strong arm. Always has. He is just very smart and wont heave up bombs or throw a 30 yard bullet in the middle of the field if its not there. This guy played in an extremely conservative Chicago offense that wanted to run run run and play tough D. Not to mention Chicago never had a WR like Brandon Marshall nor a running game like the Broncos.

Orton was fricken terrible in his 10-5 season taking over for an equally terrible Rex Grossman. 8 of his wins came when the Bears gave up 10 points or less if I recall correctly. His career record is very misleading at this point in his career.

That said... this isn't the same Kyle Orton. He appears to be developing into a quality starter which is shocking to me. I always viewed him as a game manager... now he looks like he can do a bit more than just that.

Orton was fricken terrible in his 10-5 season taking over for an equally terrible Rex Grossman. 8 of his wins came when the Bears gave up 10 points or less if I recall correctly. His career record is very misleading at this point in his career.

That said... this isn't the same Kyle Orton. He appears to be developing into a quality starter which is shocking to me. I always viewed him as a game manager... now he looks like he can do a bit more than just that.

Bergen, Chicago would not let him throw the ball if you remember he would throw the ball 10-15 times a game. He was always pretty much mistake free though. He has developed very well. Terrible is a harsh word for a QB whos coaching staff limited him to basicly nothing.

People talk about Orton in this thread the way alot of people talked about Pennington.

Give him his due. He has done a very good job. I think 99% of the people on this board thought that the Broncos would be awful this year with all the turmoil they went through this off season.

They have a QB that gets the job done and a defense that is playing lights out right now.

Denver, Bengals, Jets have probably been the three biggest suprises in the AFC so far this season.

People talk about Orton in this thread the way alot of people talked about Pennington.

Give him his due. He has done a very good job. I think 99% of the people on this board thought that the Broncos would be awful this year with all the turmoil they went through this off season.

They have a QB that gets the job done and a defense that is playing lights out right now.

Denver, Bengals, Jets have probably been the three biggest suprises in the AFC so far this season.

I felt the Jets and Bengals would be good football teams and contend for their divisions, but I was a bit shocked about Denver, I have to admit. I never expected them to put up all time great type numbers on Defense. The media blew up the McDaniels situation making it look like he lost the team and had no clue but that certainly turned out to be the wrong read on him and his team. Getting rid of Cutler and getting what they got for him could turn out to be one of the smartest trades weve seen in a long time.

The teams to beat in the AFC right now are the Colts, Denver, Cincy, Ravens and Im sure the Steelers will come on late in the year. Difference between the Jets and the rest of those teams is one of those teams has an all time great at QB in Manning, Cincy and Palmer are coming along its only a matter of time before Palmer starts lighting it up, Orton is a very solid smart Veteran, Rothlesberger has 2 SB's and Flacco has an AFC championship game under his belt. Sanchez is a rookie and will have to play well beyond his years for us to beat those teams . QB could possible be the difference but we are certainly on the right path with Sanchez. All those teams have very good defense's who can seriously pressure QB's so it might come down to a drive or 2 in the defensive battles these teams would most likely have in the playoffs. Mistake free QB play is a must to win any of these potential playoff games.

Bergen, Chicago would not let him throw the ball if you remember he would throw the ball 10-15 times a game. He was always pretty much mistake free though. He has developed very well. Terrible is a harsh word for a QB whos coaching staff limited him to basicly nothing.

10-15 times a game? That happened like ONCE when he was the only QB (when he wasn't coming in for someone or wasn't pulled from the game for someone). Most games he threw about 25x. Not a giant number, but then there was little reason to throw with that defense and Orton's mostly-awful play. He certainly wasn't mistake-free either. Barely over 50% completion percentage and 1/4 of his completions were to his backs. Look at the GB (then 2-9) game: Orton was 6 of 17 for 68 yards with a pick and no TD's. And Chicago won 19-7. So the idea that they won behind his efficiency is nonsense.

Their offense was also 30th in the league in first downs so it's not like, even on non-scoring drives, they kept their defense off the field either. And despite that, the defense was giving up only 11 points a game. THAT is why they had double-digit wins. Every game the defense gave up over 17 points was a loss. Hell, all season long Orton only won ONE game when the defense gave up over 13 points (a 20-17 nail-biter against the 3-13 Saints). Imagine being on that defense and knowing if you give up 2 TD's you're going to lose.

Orton (as is the group of receivers at his disposal) is worlds better now than back in Chicago. Hey, he was just a rookie then and didn't exactly have an all-star cast of pass-catchers. But in 2005 he really sucked.

This thread is hilarious...all of a sudden everyone knew Kyle Orton was this good.

He was terrible in Chicago...thats right Smash, terrible. They won often times despite him. However, I will give him his credit, the guy wins.

Now he has all sorts of weapons to pass too and 2 solid RB's that take pressure off him, mix that with a defense playing awesome, an extremely weak schedule and its no wonder why they are playing so well and Orton has been very good.

Josh clearly knows how to help average QB's look good. He makes it very simple on them and much like Cassell last year, Orton has great WR's to connect with that simply make plays.

Everyone can suck off the Broncos all they want and what they've done is impressive but they beat the Pats, got a miracle from the Bengals and then beat up on 3 terrible teams in Cleveland, Dallas and Oakland.

Dallas and the Pats are the only somewhat difficult match ups and they've had the benefit of playing at home in those contests...and had to squeak out the W.

I'm not sold at all. Impressive start, they didsomething similar and collapsed. Josh has been a big surprise, they may win the division because its terrible, but I want to see a big road win againts tough competition. Beating the Pats is impressive, but Dallas, Oakland, Cleveland suck and they had a miracle in Cinci. Let see them really beat someone on the road, not squeaking out victories. A couple of plays the other way and this team is 2-3.

Talk to me after the next 6 or so games. On the road in SD, Balt, home againts Pitt, on the road to Washington, then hosting SD, NYG. Then they finish out with some division games but have to go on the road to Indy and Philly before season end.

This team could easily still finish 8-8, 9-7.

This thread is hilarious...all of a sudden everyone knew Kyle Orton was this good.

He was terrible in Chicago...thats right Smash, terrible. They won often times despite him. However, I will give him his credit, the guy wins.

Now he has all sorts of weapons to pass too and 2 solid RB's that take pressure off him, mix that with a defense playing awesome, an extremely weak schedule and its no wonder why they are playing so well and Orton has been very good.

Josh clearly knows how to help average QB's look good. He makes it very simple on them and much like Cassell last year, Orton has great WR's to connect with that simply make plays.

Everyone can suck off the Broncos all they want and what they've done is impressive but they beat the Pats, got a miracle from the Bengals and then beat up on 3 terrible teams in Cleveland, Dallas and Oakland.

Dallas and the Pats are the only somewhat difficult match ups and they've had the benefit of playing at home in those contests...and had to squeak out the W.

I'm not sold at all. Impressive start, they didsomething similar and collapsed. Josh has been a big surprise, they may win the division because its terrible, but I want to see a big road win againts tough competition. Beating the Pats is impressive, but Dallas, Oakland, Cleveland suck and they had a miracle in Cinci. Let see them really beat someone on the road, not squeaking out victories. A couple of plays the other way and this team is 2-3.

Talk to me after the next 6 or so games. On the road in SD, Balt, home againts Pitt, on the road to Washington, then hosting SD, NYG. Then they finish out with some division games but have to go on the road to Indy and Philly before season end.

This team could easily still finish 8-8, 9-7.

Cool out JIF the only bad statement I made in this thread was the 10-15 attempts. I exaggerated a bit so shoot me. The guy was in a conservative run first offense in Chicago and he did win games. I have seen plenty of QB's lose games for thier teams with good defenses to back them. Orton won games and yes now He plays on a team that has weapons and hes got 7 TD's and 1 Interception. In Denvers Scheme I would much rather have Orton than Mistake prone Cutler. When it comes down to playing mistake free in the playoffs Cutler scares the hell out of me. Is Orton the type of QB that can bring you back after a disasterous First Quarter and being down by 21 ?? Probably not. But he will win games and he wont beat himself.

Oh please... it's a long season and even longer career

Archived