All of our 08 ain't on Favre

NJ

I'm not going to argue that Favre is a good leader because he isn't. I also don't think he's a "me first" totally selfish jerk. My opinion. When you look at what happened here last year, everything was roses up until he secretly got hurt. The implosion that occurred after that was multi-component:

1.) Favre could no longer throw the ball with velocity and for distance.

2.) Mangenius and his still suspect OC designed genius like plays to accommodate his secretly hurt arm and to get the ball to the "still hurting because my butt buddy got cut and is now in Miami" WR.

3.) When things got bad enough (starting with the SF game) true colors were exposed and The Mangenius's Napoleon act wore paper thin - most players were disgusted but Favre knew how to say F.U. Mangini with his play on the football field and wasn't afraid to do it.

As was evidenced last night, this guy is still one of the best in the game. Yeah he's got the # 1 RB in his huddle and his line showed how good they were - but a lot of what happened last night was Brett Favre. His arm, ability to read a D and change up at the LOS, ect..

I'm elated it all worked out as it did, we gave fatso the gate, and got Sanchez and Ryan. But to put last season on Favre ain't right in my book either.

I'm not going to argue that Favre is a good leader because he isn't. I also don't think he's a "me first" totally selfish jerk. My opinion. When you look at what happened here last year, everything was roses up until he secretly got hurt. The implosion that occurred after that was multi-component:

2.) Mangenius and his still suspect OC designed genius like plays to accommodate his secretly hurt arm and to get the ball to the "still hurting because my butt buddy got cut and is now in Miami" WR.

3.) When things got bad enough (starting with the SF game) true colors were exposed and The Mangenius's Napoleon act wore paper thin - most players were disgusted but Favre knew how to say F.U. Mangini with his play on the football field and wasn't afraid to do it.

As was evidenced last night, this guy is still one of the best in the game. Yeah he's got the # 1 RB in his huddle and his line showed how good they were - but a lot of what happened last night was Brett Favre. His arm, ability to read a D and change up at the LOS, ect..

I'm elated it all worked out as it did, we gave fatso the gate, and got Sanchez and Ryan. But to put last season on Favre ain't right in my book either.

Handing the ball to Adrian Peterson 25+ times a game will make any QB look terrific. It's a matter of time until Favre screws the pooch trying to do too much with his arm. And Childress will then look as dumb as Mangini.

favre was one of the best things to happen to this team in a long time. dude came and killed 2 birds with one stone. gots rid of noodle shoulder and man****.......now we got ryan with his elite defense and a potential franchise qb. things are looking way up.

All of it? No, but that dick came here and used us for a year and I refuse to sit here and thank him for the privilege. He never wanted to be on the Jets and IMO never gave his all to win with this team. He threw tons of moronic INTs long before he got hurt and if he was telling Mangini FU with his play on the field he was ****ing all of us at the same time.

Oh, and I'm sure he'll choke and break Minnesota's heart. Fine with me, I've hated them since Tarkenton.

For anyone who watched the game last night, you watched what is going to hurt the Vikings in an important game late this year, maybe in the playoffs. It's 4th down and 8 or so and instead of running the ball and taking more time off the clock they call a bomb and throw an incomplete pass. I don't see a team doing this with any other QB, including Brady and Manning. I just see this play calling coming back to hurt them at some point. This faith that Favre will get it done. It def. hurt us a few times last year on 3rd and shorts where we gave him the ball, instead of just running for a damn yard.

one guys 4-0 and looking SB bound, the other is 0-4 and bound for the unemployment line.

While obviously it's an over simplification, I think Mangina's problems in cleveland should go a long way toward implicating him here

Favre's injury was a big part of going 1-4 down the stretch. But people ignore the fact that when the team was 8-3, 2 of those loses were do to bad coaching by Mangini & his staff.

Mangini lost the 1st Pats game and the Raiders game with horrible gameplanning and even worse playcalling and in-game decision making. The same happened in the Niners game and the Seattle game. Good coaching, even with Favre's injury, leaves the team at 3-2 down the stretch rather than 1-4.

I said that last year and I'll continue to say it. Mangini was the biggest culprit in all the Jets loses.

favre was one of the best things to happen to this team in a long time. dude came and killed 2 birds with one stone. gots rid of noodle shoulder and man****.......now we got ryan with his elite defense and a potential franchise qb. things are looking way up.

Hell Yeah!!

Without signing Favre we might still be stuck with those schmoes....

Mangina and Noodleton should start a expansion team next year in the CFL, they might have a chance there at least.

All of it? No, but that dick came here and used us for a year and I refuse to sit here and thank him for the privilege. He never wanted to be on the Jets and IMO never gave his all to win with this team. He threw tons of moronic INTs long before he got hurt and if he was telling Mangini FU with his play on the field he was ****ing all of us at the same time.

Oh, and I'm sure he'll choke and break Minnesota's heart. Fine with me, I've hated them since Tarkenton.

:cheers:

Favre's injury was a big part of going 1-4 down the stretch. But people ignore the fact that when the team was 8-3, 2 of those loses were do to bad coaching by Mangini & his staff.

Mangini lost the 1st Pats game and the Raiders game with horrible gameplanning and even worse playcalling and in-game decision making. The same happened in the Niners game and the Seattle game. Good coaching, even with Favre's injury, leaves the team at 3-2 down the stretch rather than 1-4.

I said that last year and I'll continue to say it. Mangini was the biggest culprit in all the Jets loses.

But gets NO credit for all the Jets wins ? :-k Now that just doesn't seem fair. :P

But gets NO credit for all the Jets wins ? :-k Now that just doesn't seem fair. :P

Mangini gets credit for the Jets wins (9), but a HC is a failure if he causes his team to lose.

Teams should win because of their HC and lose in spit of their HC, not the other way around. Unfortunately for Mangini, it seemed sometimes that the Jets won in spite of him.

He didn't play like 40 last night, or for this season.

Look, Favre came to us because we were the best option available to him after Green Bay decided it was Rodgers' time. He did pretty good for us until the wheels came off the season. After that, from Favre's perspective, the Jets were a team looking for a new head coach, whose plans at QB were unknown and whose players didn't go for Favre personally. And Favre has perhaps one season left.

What would you do-wait around to see who the team finally selects for a HC, find out whether you are in his plans and see if you can win the players over? Or move over to a team which wants you, whose players played against you many times and respect you and which was good enough to make the playoffs last year with Gus Frerotte/Tavaris Jackson at QB?

Here are some interesting Favre stats from the 1st four games of 2008 & 2009.

2008: 87 of 124, 935 yards, 12TD, 4INT - Jets 2-2

2009: 85 of 125, 837 yards, 8TD, 1INT - Vikings 4-0

Attempts and completions are pretty much identical. If you take away the Arizona game where he threw for 6TDs and 1 INT he is exactly the same as 2008.

Can the old man keep up for another 12 games? I doubt it.

Attempts and completions are pretty much identical. If you take away the Arizona game where he threw for 6TDs and 1 INT he is exactly the same as 2008.

How much sense does it make to take away a 6-touchdown game from any player?

And **** Favre.

So you count it as though he threw zero instead?

You were at that game and I watched it on TV. The Cards sucked on the East Coast last year.

Matt Cassel went 20/36 for 345 yards and 3TDs in a 47-7 Pats win when the Cards came to Foxboro.

Count Favres 6 TDs against the Cards last season (You know I don't give a crap). The bottom line is that he has thrown as many passes this year as he did at the same time last year.

Can the o;line protect him? Clearly they didnt on the jets, he took more hits in one year with the Jets than he did for over 6 years with the Pack.

Before even reading the posts, no **** 2008 isn't all on Brett Favre. Anyone bashing Favre or blaming Favre for the 2008 downfall either didn't watch the games or just doesn't understand the game. Eric Mangini, Laveranues Coles' inconsistent hands and Kris Jenkins' injuries play an equal part to Favre's injuries, which led to his pretty much god awful play down the stretch. Again, if anyone thinks Clemens does any better, after seeing what he he did this Preseason, his 4th year in the system compared to a rookie, I don't know what you're smoking.

And dropping passes like it's going out of style. That drop in Seattle just was ****ing pathetic, no matter how moronic of a play call it was.

Can't remember which game, but there was the one where he dopped it, then kicked up to the defender. Its burned into my memory. Can't remember the team though.

If you're Minnesota do you

A. start Tavaris Jackson,

B. try to find another QB besides Favre or Jackson, or

C. give Favre the ball?

As long as he's in purple or any other color for that matter - no coach/management is going to break the consecutive start record unless he's more hurt than he was last season.

I'm not sure that's true. That's what happened with us, but it might not happen with another team. Of course you don't sign a 40 year old star in probably his last season to sit him if you can help it.

But what I meant was, what should Minnesota have done about the QB position this year before they signed Favre?

Archived