***OFFICIAL ALDS NY YANKEES V. TWINS GAME THREAD***

Vudu

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Today is the first day of my life... that I am willing to admit Girardi is a good manager.

Nope. He tried to blow it by bringing Mo in too early. He still can't handle a pitching staff.

This team is Girardi-proof. Max could have taken his T-ball skills to the Yanks and gotten them this far.

Nope. He tried to blow it by bringing Mo in too early. He still can't handle a pitching staff.

This team is Girardi-proof. Max could have taken his T-ball skills to the Yanks and gotten them this far.

Hey easy there. I have led both 12 year olds and an 8th grade team to league championships. Back off the t-ball talk, lol.

Anyone can be a good manager if given a team chock full o' talent like the 2009 Yankees are.

The way he assembled this bullpen was great. We went from having a somewhat crappy/average bullpen to the best in the Majors. Girardi isn't so horrible and I think his work with the pen alone reflects that.

Of course it's easy to trot that lineup out there everyday, but give some credit where it's due.

The most important out of the game was Mauer in the 8th. I understand that it was a little much to get a 4 out save, but he's done it before(especially in the postseason) and if they win they're off until Friday. It made a ton of sense in that situation and it worked.

YES Network: we want to see the locker room celebration we can hear Michael Kay anytime.

Am I the only one who thinks it's a bit much to be spraying champagne for a division series victory?

I DO want to see player interviews instead of Kay and Singleton, though.

Am I the only one who thinks it's a bit much to be spraying champagne for a division series victory?

I DO want to see player interviews instead of Kay and Singleton, though.

I like the celebration. They have almost a week off, so they should let loose tonight. They earned it.

Mo too early? You realize Mauer was up. That's the Twins' best hitter. Hell, their ONLY ****ing hitter. Mo's our best pitcher, our best option there. That was the game right there.
The Yanks' every pitching meeting this series must've ended with DON'T GIVE MAUER ANYTHING TO HIT. Without Morneau their lineup was from hunger.Mauer was their whole offense. If he left Hughes in there with Mo warmed up and it blew up they'd be roasting Girardi on a spit today.

Archived