Braylon Edwards Traded To Jets: MERGED

PS17

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sure, and our pass defense does suck, I just don't think he'll be able to make that much of an impact this soon.

Not to mention he wasn't exactly tearing it up this year (or last) in Cleveland.

He also is essentially the only pass catching threat on that team with two pretty bad QB's.

I'm not saying he's going to get 3 TD's Monday. I'm saying I think he's going to help us at other part of our offense and if you dont' cover him... he'll get open against your pass coverage.

Sure, and our pass defense does suck, I just don't think he'll be able to make that much of an impact this soon.

Not to mention he wasn't exactly tearing it up this year (or last) in Cleveland.

I dont think anyone is saying he will by catching a ton of passes, its the game plan and his pressence that will affect how you D operates on Monday night.

Like I said above, you have to think twice about bringing in your safties to stop the run when you have a deep threat like Braylon on the field.

I dont think anyone is saying he will by catching a ton of passes, its the game plan and his pressence that will affect how you D operates on Monday night.

Like I said above, you have to think twice about bringing in your safties to stop the run when you have a deep threat like Braylon on the field.

GOOD **** BABY! We're going to the SB! :biggrin:

1. Cotchery knows the playbook and has produced more than Edwards this year, so it's obvious to me that Cotchery will remain the No. 1 the rest of the year.

2. I highly doubt Edwards will be disciplined this year because formal charges haven't even been filed. If anything, this will be like a Sean Ellis situation where Edwards is suspended next year.

3. I hope Edwards thanked whatever God he believes in that he has a second chance in the NFL and is overjoyed to be coming to the Jets. If I was him, I'd want the playbook emailed to me so I could read it on the plane ride to Newark so I could be with my new teammates today.

Heck, if Edwards is smart he should be on the practice field today.

Edwards is the #1... I have faith that Rex will get him engaged and focused

That is actually one thing I'm feeling good about since the start of the season. It's clear to me this team has well not to be cliche, but a TEAM mentality. We have very strong leaders and you don't see people pointing fingers and being compartmentalized. I liked what I saw when I saw Jenkins taking Sanchez aside on Sunday and talking to him. Between Jenks, Scott, Ryan... I think we have the personalities to keep a primadonna in check.

Jets will not give up a 2nd for Lito. He MUST play in 85% of the snaps which cannot happen now that he has missed 2 games. They will cut him and then resign him if they want him (ala Vilma with the Saints) and give up a lower pick, probably a 4th, I believe.

Also Edwards can only be a UFA if there is a new CBA in place, in the event that there is no CBA and it IS an uncapped year, he will be a RFA. My guess is it doesn't ever come to that. He will probably be locked up long term after a few games in which he shows that he wants to win.

Thomas Jones cannot be traded he is a UFA after the season, and he will save us over 5 mil in cap room and Woody will save us 4. Plenty of money to sign Washington. Tannenbaum is a cap wiz kid and will take care of everything that is why he got the job in the first place, who knew he was a shrewd negotiator and great at player talent evaluating.

Great time to be a Jets fan with an owner and GM who are aggressive and want to win and are willing to gamble. Edwards, IMHO, will be a saint in NY (ala Randy Moss) the guy was on an awful Browns team that never had a true QB or Oline or Running game (Jamal Lewis is a joke and his 2 yards per carry over the last 3 years proves it) he was the only option seeing double coverage all the time after his breakout year. This will improve his concentration and he will be back. Plus their OC was our QB coach last year (Daboll) which means he already knows the offense. He will be an immediate part of this team and getting him after week 4 means he will be up to speed with the team and offense and be completely gelled by the time the stretch run comes around.

That is actually one thing I'm feeling good about since the start of the season. It's clear to me this team has well not to be cliche, but a TEAM mentality. We have very strong leaders and you don't see people pointing fingers and being compartmentalized. I liked what I saw when I saw Jenkins taking Sanchez aside on Sunday and talking to him. Between Jenks, Scott, Ryan... I think we have the personalities to keep a primadonna in check.

Absolutely..

So we all woke up this morning to some really exciting news; Edwards traded to the New York Jets!

So we all have some mixed feelings about this. Here's my thoughts,,

The #1 thing I'm worried about is his off the field problems. I'm bracing for the possibility of him being suspended. This will hurt us! As we will have even less depth at the WR position then before the trade.

I was a little disappointed in hearing that Stuckey was traded, I was excited when we drafted him. However, he hasn't really proven himself into becoming the player I hoped he could be. So let the Browns figure if he has potential. I personally think he'll be #3 or a #2 in his carrear.

Draft picks, at the momment we have 3. I'm not worried about it. We all know its the quaility of players drafted not the quanity, just look at the Eagles; they have 8-10 picks every year. How many of them are starters? Also with the possibility of a no cap season that could add another intresting deminison in the off season which will allow us to go "all out" in filling holes.

Now with this trade I want to see David Clowney grow up and get his act together. Hopefully he see's this as a sign and gets his work ethic together. I really can see him thriving in the slot position, him or Keller. I would much rather see Clowney tho, because of his speed.

All in all I grade this trade as a solid B.

It improves our WR depth greatly. I just hope Edwards doesn't get suspended, or at least for too long .

::GoJets:

Awesome!

I opened this thread saying, "Why the hell would someone feel so important that they had to make their OWN thread about their feeling towards a trade rather than just posting their feelings in the trade thread itself?"

But after reading this ... BRAVO! This so ... SO ... SOOOOOO did deserve it's own thread! :bag:

Heard about this on the way to work..didnt get a chance to post anything... all i have to say is I am thrilled with this... we need someone to stretch the field... edwards hated cleveland... and bad qb play even made things worse.. i bet he does great for us...

Give Tanny credit... he makes moves...

THIS IS CLEARLY NOT THE SAME OLE JETS..

Awesome!

I opened this thread saying, "Why the hell would someone feel so important that they had to make their OWN thread about their feeling towards a trade rather than just posting their feelings in the trade thread itself?"

But after reading this ... BRAVO! This so ... SO ... SOOOOOO did deserve it's own thread! :bag:

Ha I was thinking the same thing.

And this isn't just Mandarina, alot of people do this.

On the second part, yes, on the first part, you don't know Rex.

Just read the articles and listen to Rex's press conferences. Cotchery is the No. 1 at least for this year. Cotchery is already "one of Rex's guys." He's not going to diss one of his guys like that by saying that Edwards, who hasn't produced like Cotchery, has taken his No. 1 spot.

On the second part, yes, on the first part, you don't know Rex.

Just read the articles and listen to Rex's press conferences. Cotchery is the No. 1 at least for this year. Cotchery is already "one of Rex's guys." He's not going to diss one of his guys like that by saying that Edwards, who hasn't produced like Cotchery, has taken his No. 1 spot.

The opposing defenses will dictate who is #1

I hope he gets suspended and gets a short jail sentence, maybe a week. That way he can learn the playbook.

Remember those stories of Sanchez getting he rookies together for some extra practice/study.. Lets hope he does that now with Edwards, when it means somethign more then a press clipping

Not necessarily.

And Rex is not the type of guy who allows the other team to dictate what he does. ;)

What?

The bottomline is that if defenses pay more attention to Edwards then Cotchery (and I fully expect they will), then he's our number 1, regardless of what Rex writes on the depth chart..

Cotchery and keller should be as happy as Sanchez frankly as they both should have a little more room to operate

What?

The bottomline is that if defenses pay more attention to Edwards then Cotchery (and I fully expect they will), then he's our number 1, regardless of what Rex writes on the depth chart..

Cotchery and keller should be as happy as Sanchez frankly as they both should have a little more room to operate

So, if the Jets send Welker to Revis Island, is Welker the No. 1 or is Moss?

Besides that, yes, I expect the D to pay more attention to Edwards. That's still not going to change Rex from calling Cotchery the No.1. That was my only point.

In other words, Cotchery is going to be running the No. 1 WR routes that he took over for Coles this year. Rex is not going to move Cotchery back to the routes he ran last year.

Good deal, though Edwards has issues... and it's too bad we couldn't have kept Stuckey. So we're still without a slot receiver again.

Honestly can someone tell me who is our #3 WR? No one knows. With that said that is still better than Mangini's situation where you don't even know who your QB is.

So, if the Jets send Welker to Revis Island, is Welker the No. 1 or is Moss?

I'd assume we were doubling Moss in this scenario, and as bad as Rhodes is in coverage, I have to think that assigning any two men (even if one them is Rhodes) is devoting more attention to a player then assigning any 1 man (even if it is Revis)

Archived