Braylon Edwards Traded To Jets: MERGED

PS17

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thats a ****ing great point and one that I didnt consider.

Like I said in another thread, this team really seems to hold each other accountable and our coach expects everything a players got in his tank.

I cant think of a better situation or stage for Braylon to have a rebirth in his career. I just hope it works out.

Can you imagine Braylon trying to get an attitude with Jenks and Scott? That's what I love about this team. I actually do think if you are not part of the TEAM and buy into this they will murder you in your sleep.

Or something like that.

I could not agree more. I think he just felt like he was going to have to waste away in Cleveland AGAIN while they play musical QB's and can't run the ball. Here... he at least has the THREAT of a running game, a solid #2 and a great pass catching TE.

I'm interested if we can find his stats in college and how much he dropped the ball there. Some guys really enjoy the lights on them. The Giants gambled on Plax and won out in the end, and this might be our gamble. I'm feeling good about it.

Vic just look at the year he had in 07

Another interesting angle to this is that Rex has had to coach against this guy twice a year since he was a rookie. If anyone knows aout what he does to a defenses gameplan, it is Rex.

That's actually a really good point that I hadn't even considered. Obviously you are going to have your HC sign off on any kind of deal like this which involves moving players mid-season, so Ryan clearly put his stamp of approval on it. You would think that an opposing DC (one who is damn good at what he does at that) who has gone up against a player on numerous occasions is going to have some strong opinions on him one way or another. Ryan must've come away impressed from those meetings because if he hadn't, I doubt Braylon would be in green and white.

Let me go on record as saying this is a mistake.

After his latest altercation I knew he was a goner.

So?

Joker couldnt handle the bright lights of Cleveland now what, NYC?

Or maybe Cleveland was a disaster. Is there really anything to indicate the spotlight was a problem?

Is he really that much better than Stuckey?

Yes

Plus Trusnik?

30 NFL teams have no idea who those two players you just mentioned were.

Plus a 3rd??

Remains to be seen.

BTW, shows what Rex thinks of The Clown.

Did anyone think any differently.

Bowe would have been a better move.

So would Randy Moss, Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, and a few other receivers who haven't gotten traded and likely wont.

Edwards already has one major knee surg.

He had his best season after that surgery.

Does he have the speed to cause DC's to game plan for him???

Yes.

WOW I kind of took a break from the computer was a little miserable about this weeks loss and I noticed a friend of mine sent me a PM on my website . He said well you got your wish Braylon should help you guys open things up a bit.

OMG !! This is really good news . It will take a few weeks for him to get familar with the offense and by the end of the season he and Sanchez should be on the same page. This is going to be huge in the red zone and watch how much more this is going to open up Cotchery's game . Since we got rid of Stuckey (not sure why we did that ) We will probably see alot of Cotch in the slot (on the three sets) and maybe a little more of Clowney.

I've been waiting all day to hear from you. ;)

Not the how on your part, I get that, I'm curious as to the why.

That is the why. Those guys are barnacles on the hull of the biggest boat in a tiny pond and they act accordingly. They run around playing the do you know who I am card like it's gonna expire in eight months or something.

That's actually a really good point that I hadn't even considered. Obviously you are going to have your HC sign off on any kind of deal like this which involves moving players mid-season, so Ryan clearly put his stamp of approval on it. You would think that an opposing DC (one who is damn good at what he does at that) who has gone up against a player on numerous occasions is going to have some strong opinions on him one way or another. Ryan must've come away impressed from those meetings because if he hadn't, I doubt Braylon would be in green and white.

Thats what I'm saying homey. Look at these highlights. He is FILTHY, NASTY! Fast forward to 2:41 and look at what he did on Revis for those who forgot. Practice will be very entertaining watching him vs Revis. Disclaimer: I hate lil wayne.

oKvip_yY8Qc

nyjets RL: Jets had team photo taken today after practice. Braylon Edwards arrived just in time to put on his No. 17 green jersey for the shots.

Would have been hilarious if they shot it yesterday. I could see Rex with a tube of white out over Trusnick and Stuckey's faces.

That is the why. Those guys are barnacles on the hull of the biggest boat in a tiny pond and they act accordingly. They run around playing the do you know who I am card like it's gonna expire in eight months or something.

Unfortunately for them & the Cavaliers, it just might.

Thats what I'm saying homey. Look at these highlights. He is FILTHY, NASTY! Fast forward to 2:41 and look at what he did on Revis for those who forgot. Practice will be very entertaining watching him vs Revis. Disclaimer: I hate lil wayne.

oKvip_yY8Qc

He does look especially tough ......against the Raiders and the Jets. :)

This is it fellas. This is the type of player we've been looking for and the last piece to the puzzle. We now have someone who can get separation and can scare defenses. This will open up the run tremendously and if anyone benefits, it's Cotchery because he will dominate as a #2. I can't name one weakness to our team right now, except a slot receiver which should be filled easily with someone like Clowney or B. Smith.

JF80, man I hope you are right.

2nd rounder is pretty high price, plus Stuckey who was developng into a nice player.

What? Stuckey is a run of the mill #3 or 4 WR that bounces around from team to team for an entire NFL career. When his career is all said and done the only ones that will remember him are the die hard fans of the teams he played for. Think Bobby Wade. Are you going to remember Bobby Wade 15 years from now?

What? Stuckey is a run of the mill #3 or 4 WR that bounces around from team to team for an entire NFL career. When his career is all said and done the only ones that will remember him are the die hard fans of the teams he played for. Think Bobby Wade. Are you going to remember Bobby Wade 15 years from now?

Who is Bobby Wade???

Everyone who's talking about the '1 good year' thing need to also take into consideration that his '1 good year' was also the one year that Derek Anderson looked like a real QB. Coincidence?

It's also interesting to note that those who are opposing this deal may be delusional and/or Miami fans.

Archived