Braylon Edwards Traded To Jets: MERGED

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dwayne Bowe is better, and he's on the trading block.

While it would be great, I don't think this team necessarily needs a #1 receiver type. Through 3 games, Cotchery has shown that he is more than capable of being the Jets #1 target. Keller is also a gr

Keller, Edwards, Cotch? FIRE!

What? Stuckey is a run of the mill #3 or 4 WR that bounces around from team to team for an entire NFL career. When his career is all said and done the only ones that will remember him are the die hard fans of the teams he played for. Think Bobby Wade. Are you going to remember Bobby Wade 15 years from now?

I can't remember Bobby Wade now!

this is the move I've been waiting for the Jets to make since the day Keyshawn split for Tampa Bay-FINALLY!!!! we got our big WR. He's a combination of Richard Caster/Jerome Barkum/Al Toon and a dash of KJ sprinkled in-all in one player-I am a happy Jets fan today

Caster & Barkum?? Damn you are old Jimmy!

I have a question for the experts. How long does it take for a WR to assimilate into an offense? Favre took several weeks to gel with the team. I know it must be tougher for QBs to do that, but will Edwards hurt us badly in the first few weeks since he is not in sync with our QB and doesn't know our playbook?

It isn't as hard for a WR to come in and perform then for a QB. BUT it all depends on how Braylon and Sanchez can develop chemistry. I have a good feeling that Braylon will have an immediate impact due to the fact Sanchez is new to the team and already has good connection with Cotchery and Keller, and Braylon's skills are top notch

::GoJets:

Pick acquired for Edwards could escalate to second-rounder

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on October 7, 2009 1:51 PM ET

The Browns have considered trading Braylon Edwards since the day Eric Mangini took over. Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer says, in fact, they planned to trade Edwards earlier before Donte Stallworth killed a pedestrian while drunk driving, ending Stallworth's season.

But that incident caused the Browns to keep Edwards heading into 2009, and Cabot lays out many quality reasons that Cleveland's delay ultimately cost them.

We can't argue with that, but we would argue that they received a good haul for Edwards considering the present circumstances.

The third-round pick Cleveland traded for can escalate to a second-round pick if Edwards gets a certain number of receptions, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter and the New York Daily News. (It can't move to a fourth-rounder no matter how passes Edwards drops.)

The number of receptions Edwards must catch is reportedly high and unlikely to be achieved, so the most likely return for Edwards is still a third and fifth-round pick, in addition to Chansi Stuckey and Jason Trusnik.

Considering the time of the deal, Edwards' lack of production, and pain-in-the-Mangini factor, the Browns did fairly well. Stuckey might be the second best receiver on the Browns at the moment, and Trusnik will be a core special teams player.

And the Browns need all the draft picks they can get for a future that wasn't going to include Edwards for very long anyway.

two two part questions;

1) does this make room for cummings to be signed off the PS ? If not KC, then who replaces JT ?

2) can the clown play in the slot ? if not the clown, who ?

1. Calvin Pace

2. Brad Smith has been playing in the slot.

I still love this trade...even if he doesn't catch a ball, he pulls a safety out of the box

Yeah, been thinking that myself. His deep threat ability MUST be accounted for every snap. This can only help the rook. But I was still in favor of keeping the WR's you had as IMO they were adequate enough but what do I know.

I still love this trade...even if he doesn't catch a ball, he pulls a safety out of the box

You're spot on there gnome - even if he drops half of whats thrown to him - ain't a safety in the league wanting to be on the wrong end of those %'s

Caster & Barkum?? Damn you are old Jimmy!

tell me about it.

You know I just finished sending Kentucky Jet an email because I was thinking about all the guys I used to post with when I first found a Jets board in what 98-99? Guys like Matt56, Thor, KJ, Senior, Nightstalker, Lefty Larry, TBrady, Virginia and Conn Jets, Westside, LanceMehl, Greenbean and so many others and how we all talked and talked about getting another big difference making wideout. Since the day Keyshawn Johnson left for Tampa Bay we've been looking for someone to replace him-I've been screaming about it for 9 years now and today I finally got my wish.

tell me about it.

You know I just finished sending Kentucky Jet an email because I was thinking about all the guys I used to post with when I first found a Jets board in what 98-99? Guys like Matt56, Thor, KJ, Senior, Nightstalker, Lefty Larry, TBrady, Virginia and Conn Jets, Westside, LanceMehl, Greenbean and so many others and how we all talked and talked about getting another big difference making wideout. Since the day Keyshawn Johnson left for Tampa Bay we've been looking for someone to replace him-I've been screaming about it for 9 years now and today I finally got my wish.

ahhhhhh the good times LOL

It's ridiculous actually. My buddy and I were talking about this last night before we knew about this trade. We were saying how the Giants have had their WR core completely change over the past year yet still have a solid WR tandem. One year after losing Buress. ONE YEAR! Both over 6' and fast. We have been screaming about always having these little guys running around. As good as some of them were, we weren't out jumping anyone. Why not US Dammit???????

Now we have a solid tandem in Edwards and cotch. One to be respected. Stucky was nice and all, but he wasn't getting open and was not a real impact. This trade is a no brainer IMO.

I understand the side of the naysayers, but disagree wholeheartedly.

ahhhhhh the good times LOL

It's ridiculous actually. My buddy and I were talking about this last night before we knew about this trade. We were saying how the Giants have had their WR core completely change over the past year yet still have a solid WR tandem. One year after losing Buress. ONE YEAR! Both over 6' and fast. We have been screaming about always having these little guys running around. As good as some of them were, we weren't out jumping anyone. Why not US Dammit???????

Now we have a solid tandem in Edwards and cotch. One to be respected. Stucky was nice and all, but he wasn't getting open and was not a real impact. This trade is a no brainer IMO.

I understand the side of the naysayers, but disagree wholeheartedly.

oh yea how could I have forgotten Jetswin...this deal reminds me of when the Giants got Burress for Eli-anybody who is unhappy today can't be a Jets fan IMO

oh yea how could I have forgotten Jetswin...this deal reminds me of when the Giants got Burress for Eli-anybody who is unhappy today can't be a Jets fan IMO

This is Christmas in October for me, Jimmy.

Favorite Wolverine of all time is now a Jet!

I agree 100%. The thing I've noticed about Jets fans , myself included, is that a lot of us fall in love with pedestrian level players because they are "our guys". (I love us for it actually) One of my favs of all time is Kyle Clifton. He was a staple for the Jets for like what... 344 years? He was a monster in my book, but talk about the great LB's in NFL history and you will be hard pressed to hear anyone mention him.

That's what's happening on a smaller scale with Stucky. We all liked the little bastard. He ran around and caught some really exciting passes for us. Farve's toss up TD in Miami being a great one. He has our hearts, but that doesn't mean we can't improve over him. The truth is that he hasn't really done much and is very replaceable. I wish him well, but he's no Braylon Edwards.

• Upvote 1
This is Christmas in October for me, Jimmy.

Favorite Wolverine of all time is now a Jet!

I good friend of mine is a MAJOR wolverine fan. He said the exact same thing to me this morning. He loves the deal and so do I.

I agree 100%. The thing I've noticed about Jets fans , myself included, is that a lot of us fall in love with pedestrian level players because they are "our guys". (I love us for it actually) One of my favs of all time is Kyle Clifton. He was a staple for the Jets for like what... 344 years? He was a monster in my book, but talk about the great LB's in NFL history and you will be hard pressed to hear anyone mention him.

That's what's happening on a smaller scale with Stucky. We all liked the little bastard. He ran around and caught some really exciting passes for us. Farve's toss up TD in Miami being a great one. He has our hearts, but that doesn't mean we can't improve over him. The truth is that he hasn't really done much and is very replaceable. I wish him well, but he's no Braylon Edwards.

opposite for me as a darksider and i tend to more harshly judge Jets players than others.

that being said, i've been bitching for years that we needed a true #1. Cotchery isn't and coles wasn't either. Braywards is. i'm salivating over here.

bonus points since i'm a umich alum. this has moss to NE written all over it. moss is a great talent, downgraded by numerous off-field issues, complicated by a lazy attitude and written off as washed up when playing for a team going nowhere. with something at stake, braylon will step up. he's got money, but what every nfl players wants - no matter how thug turdish - is a ring. he knows he's got a shot in NY. he's the biggest WR talent the jets have probably ever had. and he's going to play like it. tannenbaum is a steel ball stallion.

Edited by johnny green balls

When I listen to Mangini talk, ever he reminds me of a broken record. He's like Pee-wee Herman picking up his "word of the day" and repeat it in his press conference. Today's word of the day was "process". His monotoned attitude and lack of personality makes him unbearable to listen to but entertaining as a former Jet coach because of his pure stupidity. Thanks Mangini for Sanchez and Edwards