Can Braylon Edwards make Revis....even better?

Midget Love 20

Think about it, these guys are going to line up and practice against one another. Usually when a #1 WR matches a #1 CB they duke it out (in cases of Steve Smith and Ken Lucas they take it literally). But seriously, Edwards is a big and physical presence that he'll match up with and help out Revis' technique and play especially on fade routes and jump balls. I think "Revis Island" is gonna have WAY more inhabitants by the end of the year because of this deal :cheers:

I think it may happen that way to an extent, but I see it more the other way around. Look at the consistent numbers J-Co is putting up this year. Yeah it's partially a factor of the targets he's getting, but the guy is out there making plays on a consistent basis. I thought we'd be seeing that from Keller, not Cotch. Playing against Revis in practice has to help on Sundays, Cotch is proof of that. I'm sure Braylon will help Baby Lockdown, but I think if Braylon brings it in practice going against Revis will help more to bring the best out of him, and we could start to really see it show up on Sundays later in the year.

I'm sure it couldn't hurt. This will also have Cotchery lined up opposite Dwight Lowery, making him a better CB. I hope we can phaze Lito out of the starting line-up to limit his 85% criteria. At this point we need as many draft picks as we can get.

With Lito missing 2 games it is virtually impossible for him to hit the 85% criteria...

I'm sure it couldn't hurt. This will also have Cotchery lined up opposite Dwight Lowery, making him a better CB. I hope we can phaze Lito out of the starting line-up to limit his 85% criteria. At this point we need as many draft picks as we can get.

Lito's 85% is already done after missing 2 and a half games. We're probably giving up a pick for him anyways, just depends how high. If not it opens up a hole at corner that has to get filled anyway. I get what you're saying though, higher picks are obviously nice and they also carry more value in a trade down situation. I want picks too, need to get some big guys to play on the line this year on both sides of the ball. Grab a toy for Ryan and Pettine to play with at end as most say we need, but a NT to spell Jenks would obviously be nice (if we can find one, 3-4 noses don't grow on trees), and I'd love some maulers on the OL to help in the run game. Run blocking has been weak this year.

Think about it, these guys are going to line up and practice against one another. Usually when a #1 WR matches a #1 CB they duke it out (in cases of Steve Smith and Ken Lucas they take it literally). But seriously, Edwards is a big and physical presence that he'll match up with and help out Revis' technique and play especially on fade routes and jump balls. I think "Revis Island" is gonna have WAY more inhabitants by the end of the year because of this deal :cheers:

I think it would be more the "other way around". Not saying that Braylon wont help Revis...of course, he able to give Revis the biggest practice challenge he's had as a Jet. But Revis is arguablly the Best in the Business now. Given that Braylon will have to face the BEST in practice everyday....and trust me, we can certainly name 5 WR's better than Braylon right now, this will be extremely beneficial for both, but more so Edwards. If the saying is true, for Edwards to overcome the Island that is Revis he must reach his peak. The great thing is that his potential is through the roof!

LOVE IT!

With Lito missing 2 games it is virtually impossible for him to hit the 85% criteria...

Are you guys sure?

It is 85% of the total defensive plays. I don't have a good site which tracks defensive snap percentages. But just missing 2 games if all games shared the same number of defensive snaps would be 87.5%

2 games and 2 quarters is closer to 85%... But him reaching that goal isn't unthinkable.

Are you guys sure?

It is 85% of the total defensive plays. I don't have a good site which tracks defensive snap percentages. But just missing 2 games if all games shared the same number of defensive snaps would be 87.5%

2 games and 2 quarters is closer to 85%... But him reaching that goal isn't unthinkable.

He missed about half of the Pats game, 14.5/16<.85. Either way he's probably not going to play every down of every game anyway, particularly with the depth this team has at corner. He'll get rotated out to keep him fresh, and rightfully so. Particularly after this deal with that number so close to being below 85%, I see no way he actually plays in that amount of snaps. It'll cost a pretty big difference in picks for a couple extra plays with a corner who may not be a ton better than the guys behind him and is coming off an injury now heading into the next few weeks.

This trade is such a win-win trade. After watching the videos of I can't wait to see him suit up because he's gonna be a BEAST. Me thinky he's gonna come out with a bang on MNF. Poor, poor Dolphins :Nuts:

Nothin goes right for these dudes. They thought they were going to stack 8 in the box....Tanny had another thing coming! Now the first 4 weeks of film on the Offense dont matter for opposing defenses...lol. This shyt keeps getting better.

I think it would be more the "other way around". Not saying that Braylon wont help Revis...of course, he able to give Revis the biggest practice challenge he's had as a Jet. But Revis is arguablly the Best in the Business now. Given that Braylon will have to face the BEST in practice everyday....and trust me, we can certainly name 5 WR's better than Braylon right now, this will be extremely beneficial for both, but more so Edwards. If the saying is true, for Edwards to overcome the Island that is Revis he must reach his peak. The great thing is that his potential is through the roof!

LOVE IT!

Exactly what I was thinking

Why is it these threads titles are exact duplicates from another gang green fan site??

Do people just copy the thread because they think it's good or is is the same person posting it twice??

No Revis is at his pinnacle as was stated in the OTHER thread.

By 26 Revis should be able to teleport anywhere on the football field. Giving him the ability to cover 2 receivers at once.

That was the best answer given!!

LOVE IT!

+1...This is the way I explained it to a buddy yesterday. Revis challenges Edwards in practice every day. Edwards has to want to impress his new teammates, coaching staff and definitely wants a new contract. To reach those goals he has a tough task every day matching up against Revis. Has to improve his focus/concentration which is his #1 weakness right now. Of course we get the extra benefit of him pushing Revis but Darrelle seems to have his own motivation...becoming the best CB in the NFL. Edwards challenges Revis a little but IMO Revis challenges Edwards a lot more. Win-win.

It is a nice theory, but how to you improve on perfection? :)

BZ

By extending your perfection and making others perfect. perfection has that ability. Think about it we werent expecting our secondary to be as good as its been, especially during preseason when Shep was getting his ass handed to him. ts them boys being around Revis.

Cotchery being the #1 that 99% of us didnt think he could be. Thats being defended by Revis.

Lowery showing up against the Saints....Revis.

Bart Scott literally talking shyt to Sean Payton on the sidelines after they stopped his 4th and 1 run play during the measurement....Well thats just Bart!

gosh I love this team.

Archived