Rex Ryan Caves: Regrets pseudo-feud with Crowder

crashingjet

ok, here's the deal.

When using the quote feature, you want it to look something like this:

[/QU0TE=Posters Name]The text your intended to quote[/QU0TE]

Then you enter your response here.

---------------------------------------------------

By following these easy steps, you too, can not look like a retard.

Really? Why would they do that? I find it so much more amusing that everyone who keeps screwing up their quotes looks to be making fun of / crap talking themselves. It's good times.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, you're dumb in more ways imaginable. First off, let me help you out here. Since you clearly couldn't put it together by the 4 years he mentioned, clearly he was discussing the years in which the playoffs took place, not the season themselves (e.g., the playoffs after the 2006 season took place in 2007). The fact that you couldn't figure that out yet only saw a problem with 2007 season being one where the Jets didn't make the playoffs is laughable, considering they didn't make it after the 2003 or 2005 seasons either. The seasons in which the Jets made the playoffs in the past decade would then be: 2001, 2002, 2004, 2006.

However, what makes it even more laughable is you were crediting the Dolphins with 5 trips because you were counting their 98 season. Yet someone how didn't count the 98 season for the Jets? I would think that year would count for the Jets, you know considering they made it further than the Dolphins that year. You only continue to embarrass yourself further with each and every post.

And he thinks knows all. :baby: Thats phin fans for ya.

ok, here's the deal.

When using the quote feature, you want it to look something like this:

[/QU0TE=Posters Name]The text your intended to quote[/QU0TE]

Then you enter your response here.

---------------------------------------------------

By following these easy steps, you too, can not look like a retard.

Thank you for that public service. Crap is driving me crazy.

Wow, you're dumb in more ways imaginable. First off, let me help you out here. Since you clearly couldn't put it together by the 4 years he mentioned, clearly he was discussing the years in which the playoffs took place, not the season themselves (e.g., the playoffs after the 2006 season took place in 2007). The fact that you couldn't figure that out yet only saw a problem with 2007 season being one where the Jets didn't make the playoffs is laughable, considering they didn't make it after the 2003 or 2005 seasons either. The seasons in which the Jets made the playoffs in the past decade would then be: 2001, 2002, 2004, 2006.

However, what makes it even more laughable is you were crediting the Dolphins with 5 trips because you were counting their 98 season. Yet someone how didn't count the 98 season for the Jets? I would think that year would count for the Jets, you know considering they made it further than the Dolphins that year. You only continue to embarrass yourself further with each and every post.

In case you missed it CJ

Dolphins fans are the Larry Craigs of NFL Fans...Stuck in the toilet for so long that they begin to enjoy it.

(Sigh)

I know you hate the Phins, but don't be stupid. I guess we were in the toilet last year while beating the the Jets (and your Lord and Savior Brett Favre) at Giants Stadium.

The Jets continually go for the "Win Now" philosophy which is why they haven't had success. It's the same reason the Dolphins were bad from 03' until last year.

Now that Parcells, in all his ****-punching glory, is with the Phins we're building a team the right way.

The Jets continually go for the "Win Now" philosophy which is why they haven't had success. It's the same reason the Dolphins were bad from 03' until last year.

Now that Parcells, in all his ****-punching glory, is with the Phins we're building a team the right way.

You seem to think that "building a team the right way" means avoiding trading for veterans or signing free agents like grim death.

Tell me, which of these moves makes the Jets a pure "win-now" team?:

*Drafting Ferguson and Mangold in 1st round to anchor offensive line

*Trading up for Darrelle Revis, arguably the best young corner in the game

*Trading up for David Harris, arguably a top 5 young ILB

*Trading up for Dustin Keller, arguably one of the best young TE's in the game

*Trading up for franchise QB Mark Sanchez, giving up JAG's in the process

*Trading for 26-year old Braylon Edwards, giving up a 26-year old Chansi Stuckey in the deal

You also can't argue that bringing in guys like Kris Jenkins, Bart Scott, Alan Faneca, Tony Richardson and Jim Leonhard, while being "win-now" moves, haven't improved this team immensely, without mortgaging the future to acquire said players.

Further, re-signing guys like Jerricho Cotchery and Kerry Rhodes while avoiding re-signing Thomas Jones have also been "forward-looking" moves.

You call the Jets a "win-now team". I call the Jets a team that aggressively seeks out the players that can help them win, both now and in the future, and goes and gets them. More often than not, these moves have worked out.

Parcells has done no better at "building for the future" than Tannenbaum and company have. In fact, I'd argue we are in MUCH better shape for the future. Which of these guys do you think will be gone in 3 years?

Darrelle Revis

Mark Sanchez

Kerry Rhodes

David Harris

Leon Washington

Braylon Edwards

Jerricho Cotchery

Dustin Keller

Nick Mangold

D'Brickashaw Ferguson

Shonn Greene

Jim Leonhard

Eric Smith

Not to mention, I have a feeling Bart Scott, Calvin Pace, Shaun Ellis and maybe even Vernon Gholston (while a disappointment) will be here in 3 years, too. That leaves our primary needs at G, RT, CB and NT (assuming Kris Jenkins is gone by then), at least 2 of which we can address with our 1st and 2nd round draft choices in the 2010 draft. With everyone wanting to play for coach Rex Ryan, we're bound to find guys to fill the holes who want to play for us for less than market value, too.

That is not at all a bad core of talent to work with. In fact, I challenge you to find a team that has a better-looking future.

You seem to think that "building a team the right way" means avoiding trading for veterans or signing free agents like grim death.

Tell me, which of these moves makes the Jets a pure "win-now" team?:

*Drafting Ferguson and Mangold in 1st round to anchor offensive line

*Trading up for Darrelle Revis, arguably the best young corner in the game

*Trading up for David Harris, arguably a top 5 young ILB

*Trading up for Dustin Keller, arguably one of the best young TE's in the game

*Trading up for franchise QB Mark Sanchez, giving up JAG's in the process

*Trading for 26-year old Braylon Edwards, giving up a 26-year old Chansi Stuckey in the deal

You also can't argue that bringing in guys like Kris Jenkins, Bart Scott, Alan Faneca, Tony Richardson and Jim Leonhard, while being "win-now" moves, haven't improved this team immensely, without mortgaging the future to acquire said players.

Further, re-signing guys like Jerricho Cotchery and Kerry Rhodes while avoiding re-signing Thomas Jones have also been "forward-looking" moves.

You call the Jets a "win-now team". I call the Jets a team that aggressively seeks out the players that can help them win, both now and in the future, and goes and gets them. More often than not, these moves have worked out.

Parcells has done no better at "building for the future" than Tannenbaum and company have. In fact, I'd argue we are in MUCH better shape for the future. Which of these guys do you think will be gone in 3 years?

Darrelle Revis

Mark Sanchez

Kerry Rhodes

David Harris

Leon Washington

Braylon Edwards

Jerricho Cotchery

Dustin Keller

Nick Mangold

D'Brickashaw Ferguson

Shonn Greene

Jim Leonhard

Eric Smith

Not to mention, I have a feeling Bart Scott, Calvin Pace, Shaun Ellis and maybe even Vernon Gholston (while a disappointment) will be here in 3 years, too. That leaves our primary needs at G, RT, CB and NT (assuming Kris Jenkins is gone by then), at least 2 of which we can address with our 1st and 2nd round draft choices in the 2010 draft. With everyone wanting to play for coach Rex Ryan, we're bound to find guys to fill the holes who want to play for us for less than market value, too.

That is not at all a bad core of talent to work with. In fact, I challenge you to find a team that has a better-looking future.

If the league goes towards an uncapped year, the Jets could keep all of those players. But, if they reinstitute the cap, there is no feasable way to keep all of those players listed. Hell, Gholston, Pace and Scott have 120 million in contracts, and that's just for 3 linebackers.

(Sigh)

I know you hate the Phins, but don't be stupid. I guess we were in the toilet last year while beating the the Jets (and your Lord and Savior Brett Favre) at Giants Stadium.

One of life's great ironies is a fan who roots for a team with teal & orange colors and a giant fish for a logo calling anyone else 'stupid'.

If the league goes towards an uncapped year, the Jets could keep all of those players. But, if they reinstitute the cap, there is no feasable way to keep all of those players listed. Hell, Gholston, Pace and Scott have 120 million in contracts, and that's just for 3 linebackers.

So your argument is "the Jets have too much talent to keep!"

What a joke. If thats our biggest problem, then you just admitted I was correct.

I trust Tannenbaum will do what's right with the money we will have available. He was a former accountant, after all.

What a joke. If thats our biggest problem, then you just admitted I was correct.

I trust Tannenbaum will do what's right with the money we will have available. He was a former accountant, after all.

True. We can just trade Gholston to Miami for Ted Ginn. Then we can use Ted Ginn to sell hot dogs at our new stadium next year.

Aside from the Texans and Jags, but that's a nice club you belong to.

at least you've realized you're an idiot and have started to backpedal onthis stupid claim. you can add the saints, browns, and lions to the list too. cardinals were on the list up until last year. then again...i wouldn't expect a phags fan to actually know what he's talking about anyway. when's the last time the dolphins have won a play-off game again? oh yeah 2000.....the week before they got embarassed even worse than they did last year by the ravens.

No, the Jets have alot of overpaid players and are going to have trouble giving new contracts to all of the younger players who are playing well.

channing.jpg

Halloween parties for charity are a bitch :rolleyes:

at least you've realized you're an idiot and have started to backpedal onthis stupid claim. you can add the saints, browns, and lions to the list too. cardinals were on the list up until last year. then again...i wouldn't expect a phags fan to actually know what he's talking about anyway. when's the last time the dolphins have won a play-off game again? oh yeah 2000.....the week before they got embarassed even worse than they did last year by the ravens.

In this instance the truth didn't bolster my argument. Good thing I wasn't under oath. That 99' year, was that the year the Jets were "supposed" to go to the Superbowl but instead started out 0-6?

So are you planning on standing over the edge of it after the game on Monday? :rim:

Thanks for the set up...

Spicier... Next time bring some sauce to the table that has some spice to it. Not that weak sauce you just brought.

No, the Jets have alot of overpaid players and are going to have trouble giving new contracts to all of the younger players who are playing well.

Tell me, which of the "overpaid" players aren't earning their money, other than Vernon Gholston?

Kris Jenkins? Bart Scott? Calvin Pace (ok, he was suspended, but he's still our 3rd or 4th best defensive player)? Alan Faneca? Mark Sanchez? Kerry Rhodes? Shaun Ellis, etc.?

None of those guys who have a high price tag are dogging it this year. As long as that's the case, I have no problem with the money we shelled out. A few of the pricy guys will come off the books in a few years, freeing up money for the young studs.

We'll be fine. Further, my point still stands: having TOO MUCH talent is never a bad thing. Tannenbaum has proven himself capable of handling the salary cap, which may or may not exist next season anyways.

Tell me, which of the "overpaid" players aren't earning their money, other than Vernon Gholston?

Kris Jenkins? Bart Scott? Calvin Pace (ok, he was suspended, but he's still our 3rd or 4th best defensive player)? Alan Faneca? Mark Sanchez? Kerry Rhodes? Shaun Ellis, etc.?

None of those guys who have a high price tag are dogging it this year. As long as that's the case, I have no problem with the money we shelled out. A few of the pricy guys will come off the books in a few years, freeing up money for the young studs.

We'll be fine. Further, my point still stands: having TOO MUCH talent is never a bad thing. Tannenbaum has proven himself capable of handling the salary cap, which may or may not exist next season anyways.

Why do you twist my post to suit your argument. I never said anything about your overpriced players not performing, I merely pointed out that with current cap structure and the escalating contracts that the Jets have given out are going to make it hard to resign the youunger players that are playing well.

But since you brought it up,

Damien Woody really isn't worth the 6.4 mil he's being paid.

Braylon Edwards gets 4.6 mil and he hasn't even caught 1 ball yet.

Jay Feeley, 1.5 mil for a kicker who can't kick a touchback.

Lito Sheppard's getting 3 mil to nurse an injury.

Right now the Jets are at the cap limit. What happens when Mangold's contract comes up and he demands a huge contract for his work as a top 10 center. Same with D'brick and Revis.

Why is a dolphag troll worried about our cap space on a head to head game week anyway? :confused:

She should be worried about how they are going to get win #2, and how many more decades need to go by before they get another playoff win :rl:

I think it's a roundabout way of saying, "well your team may be great now, but no way will they be able to afford all those all-pros despite the fact that there might very well never be a salary cap again after this year and if there is it will be about $150 million and therefore not really any issue for the team in resigning its stars."

Archived