Rex Ryan Caves: Regrets pseudo-feud with Crowder

crashingjet

Why do you twist my post to suit your argument. I never said anything about your overpriced players not performing, I merely pointed out that with current cap structure and the escalating contracts that the Jets have given out are going to make it hard to resign the youunger players that are playing well.

But since you brought it up,

Damien Woody really isn't worth the 6.4 mil he's being paid.

Braylon Edwards gets 4.6 mil and he hasn't even caught 1 ball yet.

Jay Feeley, 1.5 mil for a kicker who can't kick a touchback.

Lito Sheppard's getting 3 mil to nurse an injury.

Right now the Jets are at the cap limit. What happens when Mangold's contract comes up and he demands a huge contract for his work as a top 10 center. Same with D'brick and Revis.

What an asinine argument. The guys you mentioned as needing to be re-signed all have a few years left on their deals, so the comparative payments you're talking about now mean nothing. In all likelihood, Woody is gone before any of them get new contracts, as well as other older vets with bigger contracts. Your comment about Edwards is beyond moronic considering they just traded for the guy two days ago. Its like talking about what a waste of salary cap space every rookie is prior to their first NFL game. I guess NFL team's should just never acquire new talent, right?

Feely is paid to kick field goals, touchbacks are secondary and he can kick them. Besides, how much are you going to save off the cap with someone else? Maybe a few hundred thousand? And as far as Lito, the guy is hurt, it happens. Newsflash, its football... EVERY team has injured players. What in the hell does that have to do with salary cap space? I guess the Jets should only sign guys who will never miss a game? Ironic coming from a Dolphin fan, considering your team ran out to scoop up the NFL's very own walking injury. How's Chadwick doing again?

The problem with you isn't that you are a Dolphins fan (well, at least not the main problem), its that you are completely incapable of having an even mildly intelligent football conservation. All you've really shown this week is that you're not only a troll, but a really, really awful one and don't really know what you're talking about at least half the time (and that's generous).

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What an asinine argument. The guys you mentioned as needing to be re-signed all have a few years left on their deals, so the comparative payments you're talking about now mean nothing. In all likelihood, Woody is gone before any of them get new contracts, as well as other older vets with bigger contracts. Your comment about Edwards is beyond moronic considering they just traded for the guy two days ago. Its like talking about what a waste of salary cap space every rookie is prior to their first NFL game. I guess NFL team's should just never acquire new talent, right?

Feely is paid to kick field goals, touchbacks are secondary and he can kick them. Besides, how much are you going to save off the cap with someone else? Maybe a few hundred thousand? And as far as Lito, the guy is hurt, it happens. Newsflash, its football... EVERY team has injured players. What in the hell does that have to do with salary cap space? I guess the Jets should only sign guys who will never miss a game? Ironic coming from a Dolphin fan, considering your team ran out to scoop up the NFL's very own walking injury. How's Chadwick doing again?

The problem with you isn't that you are a Dolphins fan (well, at least not the main problem), its that you are completely incapable of having an even mildly intelligent football conservation. All you've really shown this week is that you're not only a troll, but a really, really awful one and don't really know what you're talking about at least half the time (and that's generous).

The subject of your salary cap is boring as hell to me anyways. I'm just fascinated at the fact that 3 of your linebackers will be paid a combined 20 mil this year, representing almost 1/5th of the salary cap... For 3 players. And the fact that Cotchery is getting paid almost 4 mil is absurd and Ellis' 6.6 mil is ridiculious.

The subject of your salary cap is boring as hell to me anyways. I'm just fascinated at the fact that 3 of your linebackers will be paid a combined 20 mil this year, representing almost 1/5th of the salary cap... For 3 players. And the fact that Cotchery is getting paid almost 4 mil is absurd and Ellis' 6.6 mil is ridiculious.
When you divide it out among the amount of wins will have compared the fish this year, it's not that bad. ;)

Yea but should ANYBODY on a 1-3 team be getting paid?

Yawn. You have to pay your all-pros, something Miami fans know little about lately. Further, we won't be needing to "overpay" guys soon, seeing as everyone wants to play for Rex Ryan. We'll be able to get away with paying guys a bit less from now on.

If the subject of salary cap is so boring to you, why did you bring it up? Is this the last thing you can cling to? Fact is, the Jets are loaded with talent right now (a perfect blend of veteran AND young talent at that), and you have no argument against it.

How much did you pay Chad Pennington to be injured, by the way?

Yawn. You have to pay your all-pros, something Miami fans know little about lately. Further, we won't be needing to "overpay" guys soon, seeing as everyone wants to play for Rex Ryan. We'll be able to get away with paying guys a bit less from now on.

If the subject of salary cap is so boring to you, why did you bring it up? Is this the last thing you can cling to? Fact is, the Jets are loaded with talent right now (a perfect blend of veteran AND young talent at that), and you have no argument against it.

How much did you pay Chad Pennington to be injured, by the way?

2 mil. A pittance for a QB that took us to the playoffs and won the division for us.

That's quite the fantasy you have there, guys wanting to be paid less to play for a rookie head coach. Ooooookkkkkkk :rolleyes:

That's quite the fantasy you have there, guys wanting to be paid less to play for a rookie head coach. Ooooookkkkkkk :rolleyes:

Why not? Its clear that the Jets already love playing for the guy. Its only a matter of time before that affects the Jets positively in the financial column too.

How do you think Belichick gets players to play for him for less? Respect and winning.

I think it's a roundabout way of saying, "well your team may be great now, but no way will they be able to afford all those all-pros despite the fact that there might very well never be a salary cap again after this year and if there is it will be about $150 million and therefore not really any issue for the team in resigning its stars."

We should know this argument well, we invented it !

Gap is closing?

Why not? Its clear that the Jets already love playing for the guy. Its only a matter of time before that affects the Jets positively in the financial column too.

How do you think Belichick gets players to play for him for less? Respect and winning.

You did not just compare Ryan to Belichick, did you?

Spicier... Next time bring some sauce to the table that has some spice to it. Not that weak sauce you just brought.

I don't know, I was just curious of your mindset - after all, You did comment... :Typotux:

High road? What the hell is that? I live in South Florida, the highest road here is an overpass.

Have we been contemplating something since week 1?

What really happens if the Dolphins lose the next 4 (especially when you play us twice)?

I'm just concerned... :rolleyes:

2 mil. A pittance for a QB that took us to the playoffs and won the division for us.

Considering Jim Leonhard received better offers from other teams than the Jets but chose the Jets because of Ryan, I think that actually makes it an indisputable fact. But lets not let truth get in the way or anything, right?

Considering Jim Leonhard received better offers from other teams than the Jets but chose the Jets because of Ryan, I think that actually makes it an indisputable fact. But lets not let truth get in the way or anything, right?

Jim leonhard (great name btw) and his career 159 tackles were quite the steal for your team :rolleyes:

How is that relevant? You were wrong. God, you suck at this.

Must be the first instance ever in the NFL where a player followed his former coordinator to his new team.

Just keep thinking that you'll be able to sign big name free agents for a pittance just because Jim Leonhard and his 159 tackles in 5 years came to the Jets (extreme sarcasim).

So, where does Taylor's resigning to the Dolphins rank compare to Leonhard? Taylor took a 7 million dollar pay cut to play here. How much did Leonhard turn down?

You did not just compare Ryan to Belichick, did you?

He already out-coached Belichick in just his 2nd career game, and has a great coaching pedigree, so why not?

By the way, you're reaching with the Jim Leonhard example. Tackles don't justify the importance of a player to his team. Jonathan Vilma had a lot of tackles for us, but there's no way you could argue he's a better ILB than David Harris or Bart Scott.

So, where does Taylor's resigning to the Dolphins rank compare to Leonhard? Taylor took a 7 million dollar pay cut to play here. How much did Leonhard turn down?

I'd be willing to bet that there wasn't another team in the league that wanted Twinkle Toes at any price.

Archived