Derek Anderson is glad that Braylon is gone

crashingjet

I wonder why? From the reports here, Braylon is the best WR in the league.

Though he hasn't and likely won't say or do anything publicly to indicate his feelings on the matter, a league source tells us that Browns starting quarterback (for now) Derek Anderson is happy that receiver Braylon Edwards has been traded to the Jets.

We were surprised, given that Anderson likes to throw the deep ball and that Edwards had been the team's top vertical option. Then again, the number of dropped passes over the past year and change likely influenced Anderson's thinking.

The eight catches and 148 yards from rookie Mohamed Massaquoi probably increases Anderson's comfort level regarding Edwards' absence, too.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/07/derek-anderson-is-glad-that-braylon-is-gone/

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A league source tells Jetnation that Crashingjet's futile attempts to diminish the Jets' signing of Braylond Edwards are, in fact, weaker than Chad Pennington's severed arm.

Check out first play of the chargers game.

He threw that thing 50 yards.

Not bad.

Believe me. Nobody on this board needs to be shown any video’s to understand Chad’s arm strength.

Im sure :D

It’s all a moot point. Pennington is probably gone forever as a QB.

True :(

I like the guy, he is a true proffesional.

He never bitched, moaned or anything. He didn't't get in to pissing contests with the media or other players. I wish him well.

How many of those TD’s by Henne would be interceptions if it wasn’t for Edwards?

You do realize that Henne had Edwards only his freshman year, right?

A good arm would be one thats around your neck choking the living sh!t out of you.

Didn'texpect anything smart from you.

Not a big let down here.

I like the guy, he is a true proffesional.

He never bitched, moaned or anything. He didn't't get in to pissing contests with the media or other players. I wish him well.

other then the numerous times that that he did bitch and moan of course

This game is the highlight of the season.

This is a team and a franchise going nowhere.

Well, we have done something in the past, so it's okay.

Your franchise hasn't been anywhere.

Despite the fact that it has been crowned regular season superbowl champs on number of occasions.

Can you guys blame this dickhead for trolling here like he's a closet fan of the Jets?.. I mean who would want to be apart of the Dolphin "suicide watch" forums? , sh*t if I was him I wouldn't want to be around there either.

He gets up in the morning

Drinks coffee

comes on JN

thinks of threads to start

scours internet for Jet related information

looks for negative articles only

posts them

waits for replys

has another sip of coffee

commences flame wars

thread dies

repeat!

:rolleyes:

Orly?

Id like to see that.

Link?

Hard to get articles w/o Nexus from 2004, but here's a quote referencing it:

Last Monday, Pennington stood in front of the New York media and turned combative, lecturing them about what a "privilege" it was for them to cover "elite athletes" like the Jets. Yesterday, those writers were feeling underprivileged after watching Pennington and his teammates be dismantled by an undermanned Patriot team.

This, from JetNation's own Wiki:

The following game in Week 14 was the Jets home game vs the Seattle Seahawks. In this game, Pennington had one of his best statistical games of the season and seemingly he put to rest any questions of his injury status and arm strength. However after the game was over (Jets won 37-14), Pennington completely shunned the NY media after the game in his press conference. A day later on Monday, Pennington gave the media a stern lecture over the privileges of covering an NFL team. Chad explained to the media in the Monday press conference that it is an

Orly?

Id like to see that.

Link?

Pennington received some mild criticism in 2004 for the first time, after being the gold boy here for the prior two years. his response was a stern lecture to the Jets media. Unfortunately I can't find the video cause his reciting of the below is even more retarded looking then you could imagine. Apparently the mere mortals covering the team weren't appreciative enough of their access to the god men gladiators that take the field every sunday.

Also, he whined a bunch in 2007

“It is a privilege (to cover the Jets),” Pennington told reporters Dec. 20, 2004 at the Jets’ training facility at Hofstra University. “You took that job. You have an opportunity to be around some of the greatest athletes in the world. That's an opportunity. It's not your right. It is a privilege. And it is your job.

“It's a privilege for you to be able to report in the greatest city in the world, to be around a bunch of professional athletes every day and do your job. But when it crosses the line sometimes, that's where I have a problem, because whether it’s your job or not, it's about character and it's about integrity and it's about honesty."

As opposed to the part time franchises? Grow up man, thats a ridiculous comment.

By "fulltime" I mean as if the jets where always there.

Only other AFC team not to play in the superbowl since the 1970 merger were the Browns. Who had few years off.

Hard to get articles w/o Nexus from 2004,

I see.

Didin't hear about that. I guess nobody is perfect.

Anything else, besides him telling the media that they should warship him?

Can you guys blame this dickhead for trolling here like he's a closet fan of the Jets?.. I mean who would want to be apart of the Dolphin "suicide watch" forums? , sh*t if I was him I wouldn't want to be around there either.

Suicide watch?

Your boyfriend 124 has over 5k posts over there, he even paid $$ for the club membership, not to mention he bagged to be unbanned after he did get banned.

And show me one thread where I posted an article about the jets.

You are pretty good at making **** up.

Archived