Fred Taylor to have ankle surgery

lawngnome o-line

As per ESPN...

Not expected to miss the entire season, but will miss extensive time this season

...or maybe he will:

Report: Fred Taylor could miss season

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on October 8, 2009 7:58 PM ET

The news regarding Fred Taylor's ankle injury just went from bad to worse.

According to Christopher Gasper of the Boston Globe, Taylor is "facing the likelihood" of missing the season after undergoing surgery Thursday for "severe ligament damage in his right ankle."

Taylor reportedly has a "small chance" to return in the final month of the regular season depending on his recovery.

How the Patriots handle Taylor's status on the 53-man roster over the next few weeks will tell us if they are hopeful for a return. The veteran starter is valuable, but New England has a deep group of running backs and it could become difficult to hold his spot as the season wears on.

Kevin Faulk, Laurence Maroney, and Sammy Morris have all taken big snaps for the franchise, and fourth-stringer BenJarvus Green-Ellis started multiple games in 2008 with success.

WTF are you babbling about?

Get off drugs.

For some reason this reminded me of the line from Caddy Shack...

Ty Webb - You take drugs Danny?

Danny Newman - Everyday.

Ty Webb - Good. So whats the problem?

Danny Newman - I dont know?

IMO this will hurt the patty's alot.

It hurts, but alot? I do not know.

Is the balanced offense that has been MIA since 2006 going to continue? If yes then the losing Fred will hurt. If not, they can make do with Morris, BJGE and Maroney.

Despite the Top 10 running numbers, the Patriots are not a running team like they were 4-5 years ago. Which is attributable to the nastyniness they have lost.

It hurts, but alot? I do not know.

Is the balanced offense that has been MIA since 2006 going to continue? If yes then the losing Fred will hurt. If not, they can make do with Morris, BJGE and Maroney.

Despite the Top 10 running numbers, the Patriots are not a running team like they were 4-5 years ago. Which is attributable to the nastyniness they have lost.

The Pats are basically three plays from being 1-3 right now.

Leodis McKelvin, Terrell Suggs grazing Brady's knee and Brady whining about it like the little punk-ass bitch that he is, and Michael Clayton's drop.

Take away those three plays, the Pats are right down in the cellar with the Bills and the Fish. Don't be surprised if Denver actually beats you on Sunday.

The Pats are basically three plays from being 1-3 right now.

Leodis McKelvin, Terrell Suggs grazing Brady's knee and Brady whining about it like the little punk-ass bitch that he is, and Michael Clayton's drop.

Take away those three plays, the Pats are right down in the cellar with the Bills and the Fish. Don't be surprised if Denver actually beats you on Sunday.

these are not your Auntie's Pats.....

Joshie my boy...best new coach in NFl...Get R done......skippy:D

these are not your Auntie's Pats.....

Joshie my boy...best new coach in NFl...Get R done......skippy:D

Didn't you include him a poll to be the first fired after winning his first game?

Never mind Mr. Kerry. :rolleyes:

Didn't you include him a poll to be the first fired after winning his first game?

Never mind Mr. Kerry. :rolleyes:

as RH was jiving with cindy.. i have been doing same with my boy;)

BTW...no coindence that O is struggling as mumbles cannot call a game

to save his life

Archived