Is this a penalty?

crashingjet

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didn't they make a rule change about this within the past 3 years. I'm not trying to imply it is or was illegal. I just remember a few years back them talking about stiff arms to the faceplate.

Arsis now it is supposed to be. it's the Marion Barber Rule. it's a stupid rule but it states that an offensive player cannot use the facemask as part of a stiff arm attempt

Arsis now it is supposed to be. it's the Marion Barber Rule. it's a stupid rule but it states that an offensive player cannot use the facemask as part of a stiff arm attempt

I thought that was the case. Thanks for clearing it up for me.

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/useofhands

A runner may ward off opponents with his hands and arms but no other player on offense may use hands or arms to obstruct an opponent by grasping with hands, pushing, or encircling any part of his body during a block. Hands (open or closed) can be thrust forward to initially contact an opponent on or outside the opponent

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/useofhands

A runner may ward off opponents with his hands and arms but no other player on offense may use hands or arms to obstruct an opponent by grasping with hands, pushing, or encircling any part of his body during a block. Hands (open or closed) can be thrust forward to initially contact an opponent on or outside the opponent

Is this not officially trolling now???

It's old and tired now, do you really have nothing better to do?

Does your BF know you're flirting with Jet fans all day? Get a life

Is this post trolling?

Yes, yes it is.

No it's not.

Kleckineau has chased me down in 5 different threads claiming I'm an idiot because I said this is legal. Which it is.

You're right about the new Barber rule, twisting or excessive pulling of the facemask can result in a penalty, but what Ricky is doing is legal.

No it's not.

Kleckineau has chased me down in 5 different threads claiming I'm an idiot because I said this is legal. Which it is.

You're right about the new Barber rule, twisting or excessive pulling of the facemask can result in a penalty, but what Ricky is doing is legal.

Then that would be the FIRST time Ricky did something that was legal.

Silly CJ,

Guess you cant read.

#8 is clearly what Stoney Williams did in your old sig pic.

15 Yards

1. Chop block.
  2. Clipping below the waist.
  3. Fair catch interference.
  4. Illegal crackback block by offense.
  5. Piling on.
  6. Roughing the kicker.
  7. Roughing the passer.
  8. Twisting, turning, or pulling an opponent by the facemask.
  9. Unnecessary roughness.
  10. Unsportsmanlike conduct.
  11. Delay of game at start of either half.
  12. Illegal low block.
  13. A tackler using his helmet to butt, spear, or ram an opponent.
  14. Any player who uses the top of his helmet unnecessarily.
  15. A punter, placekicker, or holder who simulates being roughed by a defensive player.
  16. Leaping.
  17. Leverage.
  18. Any player who removes his helmet after a play while on the field.
  19. Taunting.

Didn't he have like a 5-6 touchdown day one time? A few rushing and a few passing? Crazy stuff.

Yeah, against the Pats last year. 4 rushing and 1 passing. However, it was out of a gimmick offense so it really doesn't count. (I don't mean the last part, I just thought I'd get a jump on whichever Jets fan was going to counter my post)

Yeah, against the Pats last year. 4 rushing and 1 passing. However, it was out of a gimmick offense so it really doesn't count. (I don't mean the last part, I just thought I'd get a jump on whichever Jets fan was going to counter my post)

Yeah, that's right. I remember seeing the game breaks, every couple of seconds they'd go to the Miami game and there would be Ronnie Brown ****ing up the Pats. I enjoyed that, not gonna lie.

Silly CJ,

Guess you cant read.

#8 is clearly what Stoney Williams did in your old sig pic.

15 Yards

1. Chop block.
  2. Clipping below the waist.
  3. Fair catch interference.
  4. Illegal crackback block by offense.
  5. Piling on.
  6. Roughing the kicker.
  7. Roughing the passer.
  8. Twisting, turning, or pulling an opponent by the facemask.
  9. Unnecessary roughness.
  10. Unsportsmanlike conduct.
  11. Delay of game at start of either half.
  12. Illegal low block.
  13. A tackler using his helmet to butt, spear, or ram an opponent.
  14. Any player who uses the top of his helmet unnecessarily.
  15. A punter, placekicker, or holder who simulates being roughed by a defensive player.
  16. Leaping.
  17. Leverage.
  18. Any player who removes his helmet after a play while on the field.
  19. Taunting.

Unbelievable. You have the thickest head I've ever come across. I'm done with this conversation. You're an idiot and you're wrong.

Archived