The Difference between a Yankee and a Red Sox

CrazyCarl40

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh and Rivera pitched great as always and he lowered his ERA in the postseason again. JOBA was sick in the 7th. Aceves who is a 10 win pitcher out of the pen is now on extra inning duty. But let's talk about how bad the Yankees looked.

I was talking about how bad Minnesota is, you guys started talking about the Yankees.

You Yankee fans are the ones who steered this thread in the wrong direction, not me.

Yes. Since we are going in the wrong direction how about Robertson getting out of a bases loaded jam in the 11th?

Not bad for a young arm.

The Yankees pitched bad when they let men on base. The Twins hit poorly when the Yankee pitchers let them on base.

Can't have it both ways. Either the Yankee pitchers got out of their own jams, and therefore did well, or the Twins miraculously got lucky to get on base and then couldn't do anything from there. Carl, just give the pitching team credit.

Yes. Since we are going in the wrong direction how about Robertson getting out of a bases loaded jam in the 11th?

Not bad for a young arm.

Did you miss the part where I said he pitched well?

This thread was supposed to be about who catches AJ and how it will impact the Yanks. AJ didn't pitch great but got the job done. It will be interesting to see how they do it moving forward.

The Yankees pitched bad when they let men on base. The Twins hit poorly when the Yankee pitchers let them on base.

Can't have it both ways. Either the Yankee pitchers got out of their own jams, and therefore did well, or the Twins miraculously got lucky to get on base and then couldn't do anything from there. Carl, just give the pitching team credit.

Because he's a total SPIN cycle.

The Yankees pitched well when they had to. The Twins did not come through when they had to.

The Yankees pitched well when they had to. The Twins did not come through when they had to.

That's about all there is. It's hard to put the blame entirely on one side of the equation as I thought you to be doing earlier. On the opposite side, it's not all about how the pitching was. But it was still clutch.

If Minnesota didn't go 0-the game with runners on you'd be singing a different tune. Or if a certain call was made correctly. It's baseball and that's the way it bounces I guess.
If lester and becket did not get lit up and the sox could actually score more than .5 runs per game, they would not be down 2-0 in the series! :rl:

I rarely jump into this forum for various reasons.

But CC- you couldn't be further off and actually more sad with your analysis and comebacks. First off: Molina catching AJ is an advantage IMO. In the post-season, as you know, pitching is what gets you through it. We got a nice outing out of AJ even though he was wild and walked guys, the Twins didn't make us pay for it. That's the way AJ is, part of the deal.

We have enough 20+ HR hitters to do well enough without Jorge in the lineup for one game. Also, as long as AJ goes, Molina goes, so unless AJ pitches a complete game shutout, which I would TAKE, Jorge will get some swings in.

Your critique about the Angels being the "better" team is pretty sad. You do realize the reason you are playing the Angels is because you are the WILD CARD team. The Yankees outplayed you this season. We put up more runs. We won more games. We had better pitching. We were flat out better. That's why we won the division and have home field through the playoffs. That's why we get to play a "weaker" team.

Don't be that guy who blames Yankee fans and throws tantrums. You've been talking **** all year, of course people are gonna come firing. Just like you will the second the Yankees look like they'll lose.

I rarely jump into this forum for various reasons.

But CC- you couldn't be further off and actually more sad with your analysis and comebacks. First off: Molina catching AJ is an advantage IMO. In the post-season, as you know, pitching is what gets you through it. We got a nice outing out of AJ even though he was wild and walked guys, the Twins didn't make us pay for it. That's the way AJ is, part of the deal.

We have enough 20+ HR hitters to do well enough without Jorge in the lineup for one game. Also, as long as AJ goes, Molina goes, so unless AJ pitches a complete game shutout, which I would TAKE, Jorge will get some swings in.

Your critique about the Angels being the "better" team is pretty sad. You do realize the reason you are playing the Angels is because you are the WILD CARD team. The Yankees outplayed you this season. We put up more runs. We won more games. We had better pitching. We were flat out better. That's why we won the division and have home field through the playoffs. That's why we get to play a "weaker" team.

Don't be that guy who blames Yankee fans and throws tantrums. You've been talking **** all year, of course people are gonna come firing. Just like you will the second the Yankees look like they'll lose.

None of what you just said makes any sense. Maybe it's better you don't jump in. Nothing you said was accurate.

I honestly think the Yankees line-up is much less of a concern than the Yankees rotation and the Yankees need AJ burnett at his best if they want to make a serious run at a championship. He was brought in and paid to be the number 2 guy and it is debatable if he lived up to that billing. He also has no playoff experience and you want to make him as comfortable out there as possible. That said you would hope he would be professional enough to pitch to whomever the Yankees put back there.

The Yankees line-up can more than make up the loss of Posada. I think Posada should realize that if they want to win a championship then he has to do what is best for the team.

like hit goahead homers in the top of the 7th in game 3?

You Yankee fans are the ones who steered this thread in the wrong direction, not me.

Give it up mate. The Yankees are the best team in baseball and I say that as a Red Sox fan. You are embarrassing yourself and giving rational Sox fans a bad name.

Let me lay it out for you: The Angels and Yankees are much better than the Red Sox. That's the reason those teams will be playing in the ALCS.

Give it up mate. The Yankees are the best team in baseball and I say that as a Red Sox fan. You are embarrassing yourself and giving rational Sox fans a bad name.

Let me lay it out for you: The Angels and Yankees are much better than the Red Sox. That's the reason those teams will be playing in the ALCS.

I am not embarassing anything. Stop it.

This thread has nothing to do with which team is better or worse. It's fairly obvious who the better team was in the Sox-Angels series. This thread has to do with Posada and who catches Burnett. Yankees fans spun it out of control.

Archived