Zimmer to Coach Sunday

afosomf

His wife died yesterday.......

I'm sorry...not sure WTF he is doing on sideline

Bengals' Zimmer will coach SundayComment Email Print Share By James Walker

ESPN.com

Archive

BALTIMORE -- Cincinnati Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer made the trip with the team Saturday morning and will coach Sunday's game against the Ravens, team spokesman Jack Brennan confirmed.

Zimmer's wife, Vikki, died late Thursday, leaving Zimmer questionable to coach in this weekend's battle for first place of the AFC North.

AFC North blog

ESPN.com's James Walker writes about all things AFC North in his division blog.

Have to feel for him and his family, a horrible loss indeed.

That being said, some people react and need to live life differently after a death happens in the family. Some people would rather take a day or two, get it done with and go back to work while others need weeks and months to mourn the loss. Zimmer is the first.

should be with family...i wouldn't let him coach

mind cannot be clear..this is family time

You can't tell a man how he should live his life. Just because you would act differently doesn't mean he should. Maybe doing what he might like to do best would help him cope with his loss best. It was his decision and he did what he considered best, nothing wrong with that.

You can't tell a man how he should live his life. Just because you would act differently doesn't mean he should. Maybe doing what he might like to do best would help him cope with his loss best. It was his decision and he did what he considered best, nothing wrong with that.

Umm if i lost my wife of 28 years unexpectedly..i would not be on the golf

course the next day or at work the following day or for that matter the next week

Sorry

course the next day or at work the following day or for that matter the next week

Sorry

War ensemble and I both realize this assmop, but like we both said, everyone reacts differently. If this is the best way for him to cope, so be it. Everyone reacts differently and does things a different way.

You are one way, Mike Zimmer is another way. Doesn't make either of you wrong.

Sorry

And that is YOU. We are talking about Mr. Zimmer. Mr. Zimmer handles problems differently than afosomf. Mr. Zimmer should not live according to how afosomf lives just because afosomf doesn't like what Mr. Zimmer is doing.

Mr. Zimmer is doing what he thinks is best for himself.

It's not too hard to understand.

War ensemble and I both realize this assmop, but like we both said, everyone reacts differently. If this is the best way for him to cope, so be it. Everyone reacts differently and does things a different way.

You are one way, Mike Zimmer is another way. Doesn't make either of you wrong.

tells me something is wrong with him....workaholic i presume

either way Gals should be pumped to give extra effort for him

Sorry

How you would react has no reflection on how he should.

There's no right or wrong way to deal with this sort of loss. I hope the best for him.

And that is YOU. We are talking about Mr. Zimmer. Mr. Zimmer handles problems differently than afosomf. Mr. Zimmer should not live according to how afosomf lives just because afosomf doesn't like what Mr. Zimmer is doing.

Mr. Zimmer is doing what he thinks is best for himself.

It's not too hard to understand.

someday Mr Stickbug may be luckily enuff to find a Mrs Stickbug and he

she dies unexpectantly i would expect u to grieve properly and not show up

to work the next day...or the day after or the next day after

Capeesh

tells me something is wrong with him....workaholic i presume

either way Gals should be pumped to give extra effort for him

Some people don't want the extra time alone doing nothing so they can lament and think about it. Some people like to stay busy so it doesn't eat at them so much.

Capeesh

"Grieve properly"? Are you serious?

Also, be careful in what you're saying, you don't have to have been married to have experienced death to a loved one.

Capeesh

Who the **** are you to determine what is proper and improper grieving. Some people like to go on with their lives as they know that wallowing in depression would not be what the loved one would want.

I guess it is lucky I'm not a mod. You would be banned for this. But, I guess I'm just sensitive having lost a dozen family members and loved ones in my life to murder and aids.

ban away

and did u go to work the next day after losing a loved one?

F A M I L Y

is more important than a Football Game................Helllllloooooooooooooo

You're looking at it in a very limited way. Some people need that familiarity of they're every day routine and the support structure they have built up at work. Some people feel that if they stop they will sink and not ever get back up. You can not dictate a proper way to grieve. Everyone goes through the 5 steps at a different pace.

You're looking at it in a very limited way. Some people need that familiarity of they're every day routine and the support structure they have built up at work. Some people feel that if they stop they will sink and not ever get back up. You can not dictate a proper way to grieve. Everyone goes through the 5 steps at a different pace.

Why even bother at this stage? He doesn't want to get it.

From what you are saying assmop, it seems you are the one who grieves unhealthy. It sounds like you spend an inordinate amount of time in the denial and isolation stage. There is no one uniform way to grieve a loved one. You should not judge or insult someone because they do it differently then you.

Archived