check out the delusion over at finheaven after the pats loss....what idiots!!!

neckdemon

You have played tougher teams by what? One less in the loss department? Whoop-de-****ing-doo. We're 3-1, you're 1-3, your schedule is a half game harder. That doesn't say anything about our respective teams?

I agree but you're the ones that keep bringing record up as if it means something. Probably did the same last year when we started 0-2

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
even if you take away our records against them we still played tougher opponents (even if barely). If all you go by is records and not matchups then you should concede we played tougher opponents.

I never brought up the records till you listed the teams, duh!

I questioned how you could think you played better teams.

I see now how, with flawed logic.

I agree but you're the ones that keep bringing record up as if it means something. Probably did the same last year when we started 0-2

Record DOES mean something. It is indicative of a team's overall performance. Sure, external circumstances also influence this number (mainly strength of schedule). But when the difference between schedules is a half game. Those are comparable numbers. We have two more wins than you guys with a comparable schedules. Therefore, we have outperformed you over those games.

Lol so the fact that we're 3-1 and you're 1-3 means nothing? What kind of idiot are you?

I never brought up the records till you listed the teams, duh!

I questioned how you could think you played better teams.

I see now how, with flawed logic.

I'm just using the logic that I see on thread after thread. The main theme seems to be because you are 3-1 and we are 1-3 you automatically win. I agree its faulty logic

Colts 5-0

Falcons 3-1

Chargers 2-2

Bills 1-4

total: 11-7 .611 winning percentage

vs Jets schedule

Saints 4-0

Patriots 3-2

Texans 2-3

Titans 0-5

total: 9-10 .473 winning percentage

Huge difference. The teams you played are sub .500

LOL -- Yes the team that the Jets BEAT have a worse record than the teams that the Dolphins LOST to. Makes perfect sense.

You are what your record says you are. The Dolphins are a gimmick offense with a new QB.

I'm just using the logic that I see on thread after thread. The main theme seems to be because you are 3-1 and we are 1-3 you automatically win. I agree its faulty logic

Who said that we will automatically win. The "main theme" is simply that the Jets are the better team, as indicated by our record.

she makes my point. Records mean something after week 16 is over. Until then they mean nothing

I imagine they'll mean something to you when you're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs long before that.

even if you take away our records against them we still played tougher opponents (even if barely). If all you go by is records and not matchups then you should concede we played tougher opponents.

I will give you this, some of the teams that contributed to the Dolphins .250 winning percentage this season were pretty good.

This thread is about Dolphin fans saying that the Dolphins already won this game. Jets fans are a bit more realistic and critical of their team by nature.

Originally Posted by dolphinron viewpost.gif

"When we beat the jets monday night it will now be a division race!!! With us being the favorites!!"

well someone there thinks so

haha, ok, that's pretty bad I actually kind of skimmed the thread. Too much to drink today I guess.

Bad thread, yes, dumb post yes. Luckily the TS posts very seldom.

she makes my point. Records mean something after week 16 is over. Until then they mean nothing

Right. Because the fact that the Steelers were 12-4 and the Lions were 0-16 meant absolutely nothing until the playoffs started. If you looked at a team with a horrible record, and a team with a great record, you would have no idea which team would be favored to win.

You silly, man.

There is a half of game difference in the results of the teams we played.

The Jets are 3-1, the fish are 1-3.

That makes us better than you, I did not say, nor does it mean we will automatically beat you.

That's why they play the games, maybe you should tell the clowns on fish heaven that.

This really is not that hard, there are no extra innings to worry about. :rolleyes:

LOL. Maybe they should stop keeping score as well. Records mean nothing? I think you have been watching too much American Idol. The scoreboard says who wins in this league, not fan voting.

Who said that we will automatically win. The "main theme" is simply that the Jets are the better team, as indicated by our record.
Okay, we made the playoffs last year and you didnt and yet you had the better record at the week 6 mark. How is that possible since early season records are so indicative of how good a team is

LOL. Maybe they should stop keeping score as well. Records mean nothing? I think you have been watching too much American Idol. The scoreboard says who wins in this league, not fan voting.
Look it lives in queens and roots for the Yankees and dolphins.

It probably picked names out of a hat and got lucky once. ;)

There is a half of game difference in the results of the teams we played.

The Jets are 3-1, the fish are 1-3.

That makes us better than you, I did not say, nor does it mean we will automatically beat you.

That's why they play the games, maybe you should tell the clowns on fish heaven that.

This really is not that hard, there are no extra innings to worry about. :rolleyes:

well said, thats all i wanted to hear. good thing about the extra innings lol

Okay, we made the playoffs last year and you didnt and yet you had the better record at the week 6 mark. How is that possible since early season records are so indicative of how good a team is

We are talking about THIS WEEK IN THIS YEAR. We are comparing one game, not 10. 4 games won't indicate our performance for the season, no one is saying that, but it should provide a good indication of how we will play tomorrow. Records are indicative of how a team is playing NOW, not how they will play in the FUTURE. The now is the game tomorrow, the future is the end of the season.

seen all the jester games and all the fins games. Its the only reason I feel we'll win. If I just went off records I would be worried
WOW, that's almost the dumbest thing I read all day, what a feat congrats.

I can't wait to see what you think on Tuesday, that's if you are still around, and I'm not banned, you know how it goes.

Oh yeah and you hit the jackpot with the fish and their new name every year stadium. :rl:

Have you ever seen them win a playoff game?

Can you remember it?

i'm in my forties. I got into football when I was five. First sport I was into. Noone explained to me at five that I had to root for a home team lol. Thank God. i saw the perfect season and every season since. I got into baseball when the Yanks played at Shea. Thank God I chose them also. Got to enjoy the Munson years

WOW, that's almost the dumbest thing I read all day, what a feat congrats.

I can't wait to see what you think on Tuesday, that's if you are still around, and I'm not banned, you know how it goes.

i'll be around. probably stick around till the rematch. dont want to miss out on the excuses you guys come up

still want to find out how you guys are going to score on us. you dont have the type of QB that gives us trouble. Sanchez isnt Ryan, Rivers or Manning and thats what it takes to score on us

i'm in my forties. I got into football when I was five. First sport I was into. Noone explained to me at five that I had to root for a home team lol. Thank God. i saw the perfect season and every season since. I got into baseball when the Yanks played at Shea. Thank God I chose them also. Got to enjoy the Munson years
Must be hard to see what's become of the drowning fish. :lol:

i'll be around. probably stick around till the rematch. dont want to miss out on the excuses you guys come up

still want to find out how you guys are going to score on us. you dont have the type of QB that gives us trouble. Sanchez isnt Ryan, Rivers or Manning and thats what it takes to score on us

We wont score that much probably...Which is fine, cause we probably won't need to. Cant wait to see how this D plays with Calvin Pace back, especially against the Phins WR crew...

So you are going to shut our offense out then right?

So you are going to shut our offense out then right?
doubt it. both young QBs will turn the ball over. Henne is much more cautious than Sanchez and has a stronger run game to lean on. It will be a field position battle but in the end I think Sanchez will turn the ball over more than Henne and that will decide it

doubt it. both young QBs will turn the ball over. Henne is much more cautious than Sanchez and has a stronger run game to lean on. It will be a field position battle but in the end I think Sanchez will turn the ball over more than Henne and that will decide it
I think Henne may not make it through the game.

Archived