New York Jets vs. Miami Dolphins Game Thread

Maxman

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2nd quarter Jets shut down the Wildcat.

Jets have outrushed the Fish 106-62.

Dolphins outplayed the Jets for a quarter. 2nd belonged to the Jets.

And we get the ball to start the 2nd half with a chance to step on their throats. I really love deferring. Really....love....deferring.

Gruden is retarded. He makes some of the dumbest comments.

Love Gruden. You can see how much he loves football just in the expressions he makes.

He kisses ass too much, but that's just because he doesn't know what team he'll be coaching next year and doesn't want to offend any of his future players.

2nd quarter Jets shut down the Wildcat.

Jets have outrushed the Fish 106-62.

Dolphins outplayed the Jets for a quarter. 2nd belonged to the Jets.

meh.. the first ST fake looked like a broken play to me and pure luck. We got a few soft PI calls and the second special teams first down was a real nice play by smith, but Miami had busted the play..

Based on what I saw, Miami looked more solid, and the Jets more fortunate..

Would be so huge to come out and put up 6 and force the dolphins to throw a little more...

+1 this would be great....exactly what I was thinking. Let see what adjustments Ryan comes up with.

The refs will give them the calls this half.....WATCH!

And we get the ball to start the 2nd half with a chance to step on their throats. I really love deferring. Really....love....deferring.

it's like online madden.. 12 year olds know to defer..

Tough to do on the road and then give up a TD on that first drive..

meh.. the first ST fake looked like a broken play to me and pure luck. We got a few soft PI calls and the second special teams first down was a real nice play by smith, but Miami had busted the play..

Miami had 7 first downs in the 1st quarter, 1 in the second. That's not luck. That's a coaching staff making adjustments and a defense taking control of a game.

you make your own luck sometimes.

Thomas Jones is shot. I only want to see Leon and Greene running the ball.

And Brad Smith.

1st and 10 at NYJ 30 T.Jones up the middle to NYJ 31 for 1 yard (K.Langford).

1st and 10 at MIA 40 M.Sanchez pass short left to B.Smith to MIA 21 for 19 yards (G.Wilson).

1st and 6 at MIA 6 T.Jones right guard to MIA 3 for 3 yards (G.Wilson).

1st and 10 at NYJ 18 T.Jones up the middle to NYJ 23 for 5 yards (P.Soliai).

1st and 10 at NYJ 29 T.Jones right end to NYJ 30 for 1 yard (J.Taylor, S.Smith).

And keep in mind Jones' 2.7ypc today is higher than it should be since he had a 0-gain carry called back for holding.

Jones sucks. What's frustrating is that when he runs hard and doesn't stop he's not half bad. Llike on that 2nd and long - not so much the 6 yards or so he gained, but he just looked like a different RB rather than his usual appearance of someone going through the motions.

1st and 10 at NYJ 30 T.Jones up the middle to NYJ 31 for 1 yard (K.Langford).

1st and 10 at MIA 40 M.Sanchez pass short left to B.Smith to MIA 21 for 19 yards (G.Wilson).

1st and 6 at MIA 6 T.Jones right guard to MIA 3 for 3 yards (G.Wilson).

1st and 10 at NYJ 18 T.Jones up the middle to NYJ 23 for 5 yards (P.Soliai).

1st and 10 at NYJ 29 T.Jones right end to NYJ 30 for 1 yard (J.Taylor, S.Smith).

And keep in mind Jones' 2.7ypc today is higher than it should be since he had a 0-gain carry called back for holding.

Jones sucks. What's frustrating is that when he runs hard and doesn't stop he's not half bad. Llike on that 2nd and long - not so much the 6 yards or so he gained, but he just looked like a different RB rather than his usual appearance of someone going through the motions.

Thank you... That is my source of frustration with him.

Miami had 7 first downs in the 1st quarter, 1 in the second. That's not luck. That's a coaching staff making adjustments and a defense taking control of a game.

What a ghey way to phrase that. They had the ball 2 times, 1 of which was on a two minute drive with no timeouts that they didn't even try and pick up a first..

Archived