**OFFICIAL ALCS GAME THREAD: NY YANKEES v. LA ANGELS**

Vudu

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we have CHip Caray (a complete dolt) and ROn Darling(a good listen, even if he works for the Mets) back?

Tex's foot was on the bag and he had the ball before Hunter got there. And while the throw beat A-rod he hasn't been tagged yet. And these 2 dunces beat that nonsense all night. Either way didn't much matter with CC dealing aces.

It would be great to win tomorrow as well. The Yanks do have the better pitching matchup. I would love to see them go to the left coast up two.

Amen. That would be really nice and right now anything short of that will be a bit disappointing.

Thanks for signing up btw.

Amen. That would be really nice and right now anything short of that will be a bit disappointing.

Thanks for signing up btw.

Yeah, If they can take game two and at least one in Anaheim, I'll feel real good about winning one of the last two to cinch it at home.

If they lose tomorrow things get tougher for them in my opinion, because they usually have a hard time winning on the road against the Angels.

No problem, and thanks for the welcome.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jk4vtJ4KeHkrBdXmiC3MsuhnMEygD9BCHTG00

NEW YORK — Noted singer Ronan Tynan's scheduled appearance for "God Bless America" at the AL championship series opener was canceled by the New York Yankees after a woman complained to the team that he made an anti-Semitic remark.

Yankees spokeswoman Alice McGillion said Friday a woman sent an e-mail to a team official a day earlier claiming the Irish tenor made the remark while the woman was being shown an apartment in the building where Tynan lives.

Tynan confirmed the remark to the team official but said he was joking, McGillion said.

"There are no plans for him to sing," McGillion said.

Tynan has become a fixture at Yankee Stadium in the postseason with his rendition of "God Bless America."

What a douchebag. I was wondering why they were playing TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALLGAME instead of God Bless America during the 7th inning stretch.

Geez, it's a fecking joke. If he was Jewish and made a joke about the Irish no one would care. Some people just love to be offended. Although I'm not faulting the Yankees' decision, but it's due to those same people.

+1

Welcome to the 21st century.

Geez, it's a fecking joke. If he was Jewish and made a joke about the Irish no one would care. Some people just love to be offended. Although I'm not faulting the Yankees' decision, but it's due to those same people.

Jews dont care if it's a joke, Anti Semitic comments are anti semitic comments.

Heard this on WFAN. The way they told it was that someone said to him, don't worry, they aren't Red Sox fans. Then he said that is okay, as long as they aren't Jewish.

Then he said something about a lady that looked at the apt a few days earlier (who was Jewish) and he called her crazy.

Paraphrasing here. Really stupid of him to do.

He has accomplished so much in life, double amputee that competed at a high level after that. Irish Tenor. I hope that he was just joking and somehow he can rise above this. Regardless it is a stupid thing to say.

Yup, people need to watch what they say, especially if it's about Jews. They are a sensitive people. He was an idiot to make such a comment in front of the lady.

Yea, I hate it when black people take offense to when I call them ******s. Acting like 300 years of oppression really means anything. Dicks.

And don't even get me started on the jews, ****, over sensitive pricks who act like slaughtering 7 million of their kind was a big deal or something.

Yea, I hate it when black people take offense to when I call them ******s. Acting like 300 years of oppression really means anything. Dicks.

And don't even get me started on the jews, ****, over sensitive pricks who act like slaughtering 7 million of their kind was a big deal or something.

I think you're making a bit of a leap by connecting a joke about Jews to anything done in World War II or pre-Civil War America. What the guy said has nothing to do with that.

LOL@ this overreaction.

The double standard kills me. It's ok to make fun of every other race/religion except Jews. I did not agree with the joke the dude made, it was rude and unwarranted, but this is a blatant stretch.

I'm glad it's so common place to make off-the-cuff comments about jews; last I checked, it was common place to make fun of black people too, 100 or so years ago.

Racism is racism, and given how Randy Levine and Lonn Trost are respectively president and COO of the Yankees, this should have been the last thing to come out of his mouth.

I'm glad it's so common place to make off-the-cuff comments about jews; last I checked, it was common place to make fun of black people too, 100 or so years ago.

Racism is racism, and given how Randy Levine and Lonn Trost are respectively president and COO of the Yankees, this should have been the last thing to come out of his mouth.

Maybe it's just me, but it's just as commonplace for people to make jokes about other racial/religious groups/organizations. You might just have a selective memory in that regards. We're past the age when the butt of all jokes are the Shylocks.

By the way, with that first sentence, are you suggesting that Jews are as ill-treated as blacks were during the slavery era? You gotta be kidding me.

Maybe it's just me, but it's just as commonplace for people to make jokes about other racial/religious groups/organizations. You might just have a selective memory in that regards. We're past the age when the butt of all jokes are the Shylocks.

By the way, with that first sentence, are you suggesting that Jews are as ill-treated as blacks were during the slavery era? You gotta be kidding me.

Are you suggesting that it's ok to make fun of Jews? New York City has a sizeable jewish population and, if you didn't catch it the first time, Trost and Lott are both pretty prominent Jews within the Yank organization.

What Tynon said was stupid, especially considering who his employers are.

Are you suggesting that it's ok to make fun of Jews? New York City has a sizeable jewish population and, if you didn't catch it the first time, Trost and Lott are both pretty prominent Jews within the Yank organization.

Sometimes that is the problem. Sometimes people are friends with other ethnic groups and make jokes at their expense. That may be okay between friends, but you can run into trouble if it gets out because you can't expect the rest of that community to respond like your friends.

Sometimes that is the problem. Sometimes people are friends with other ethnic groups and make jokes at their expense. That may be okay between friends, but you can run into trouble if it gets out because you can't expect the rest of that community to respond like your friends.

Exactly.

Hey let's get this back on track. Go Yankees!!!

If it's all in good fun, it's fine with me to make jokes about anyone. I'm in New York City every day, I know what it's like. It was stupid to say that but I don't see how it's offensive.

But anywho, LET'S GO YANKEES!!

Justifiable Homicide-bashing Tim McCarver on the head repeatedly and with great force with his microphone until he stops moving, strangling him with the cord if that doesn't get the job done.

McCarver might be an idiot.

However, I enjoy listening to Buck & McCarver together. They're a good team, IMO.

Archived