**OFFICIAL ALCS GAME THREAD: NY YANKEES v. LA ANGELS**

DLJ

The thing that bothers me is that the way Robertson was dealing, it looked like he could go two strong innings at least. Seemed to be silencing the Angels and Joe Girardi steps up and makes a move to put his stamp on the game.

Trust your players Joe.

Manage the way you managed all year. You are coaching scared. You didn't play scared. You manage scared though and it hurt your team today. Trust the most talented team in baseball.

The thing that bothers me is that the way Robertson was dealing, it looked like he could go two strong innings at least. Seemed to be silencing the Angels and Joe Girardi steps up and makes a move to put his stamp on the game.

Trust your players Joe.

Manage the way you managed all year. You are coaching scared. You didn't play scared. You manage scared though and it hurt your team today. Trust the most talented team in baseball.

I agree.

But where is our f###ing offense?

Trust your players Joe.

Robertson has been the best man in our bullpen outside of Mo.

Girardi let the stat book make his decision, instead of sticking with the hot hand and it cost us.

It was a dumb move, no way should he had taken out Robertson there, like you said he was dealing.

Let's add 'em up:

1. Taking out Pettitte--maybe hindsight on my part, but there was really no reason to take Pettitte out there. Girardi has been too quick to the 'pen most of the playoffs.

2. Taking out Damon when there was NO LONGER A NEED TO DO SO. Why didn't he take him out with 0 out? With 1 out even? 2 outs, when Damon's arm doesn't even MATTER anymore? He robbed his lineup of a big bat and left his team without a DH slot. This isn't the NL.

3. And the whopper. Aceves for Robertson. Aceves hasn't done anything since ****ING JUNE. Robertson was rolling. No matchup history. Nothing. NO SENSE.

He did a lot of stupid **** last game too. It was bound to catch up to him sooner or later.

Girardi was dying to lose this game tonight, he lost the game about 4 times over and it all started with not bringing in Joba to face Guerrero. Pettitte gave you what you needed, making him pitch to vlad was a big mistake.
I agree, I said the same exact thing watching the game.

He also brought in Gardner which was stupid. He rarely comes through in the clutch on the basepath. We desperately needed Matsui's bat.

I can't knock him for punch running when it represented such a big run late in the game. The guy almost made it on a pitch out. Plus they grooved the next one to Posada that put it over the fence.

He also brought in Gardner which was stupid. He rarely comes through in the clutch on the basepath. We desperately needed Matsui's bat.

If you decide you want a runner to steal a base, why not use Freddy Guzman? That way you don't lose the DH spot, use the DH spot for another hitter later in the game, and you can put Gardner in for Damon or Cabrera? it's like he didn't know once the DH spot takes a fielding position you lose the DH. Girardi learned all thsi ovemanaging silliness at the feet of Joe Torre, so no surprise here.

If you decide you want a runner to steal a base, why not use Freddy Guzman? That way you don't lose the DH spot, use the DH spot for another hitter later in the game, and you can put Gardner in for Damon or Cabrera? it's like he didn't know once the DH spot takes a fielding position you lose the DH. Girardi learned all thsi ovemanaging silliness at the feet of Joe Torre, so no surprise here.
Exactly! There is no other reason to have Guzman on the bench!

Tonight's lineups... Hopefully we can get some production out of Teixeira, Swisher and Cano tonight.

YANKEES

Derek Jeter SS

Johnny Damon LF

Mark Teixeira 1B

Alex Rodriguez 3B

Jorge Posada C

Hideki Matsui DH

Robinson Cano 2B

Nick Swisher RF

Melky Cabrera CF

Pitching: LHP CC Sabathia (2-0, 1.23 ERA)

ANGELS

Chone Figgins 3B

Bobby Abreu RF

Torii Hunter CF

Vladimir Guerrero DH

Juan Rivera LF

Howie Kendrick 2B

Kendry Morales 1B

Mike Napoli C

Erick Aybar SS

Pitching: LHP Scott Kazmir (0-0, 7.50 ERA)