Mangini in trouble again

GM

Browns Neglect to Give James Davis Pads During Drill. Davis' Shoulder Goes Boom.

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/the_sporting_blog/entry/view/38654/browns_neglect_to_give_james_davis_pads_during_drill._davis_shoulder_goes_boom.

The Browns emerged triumphant on Sunday against the Bills, or as triumphant as you can be winning by a score of 6-3 when your starting quarterback completes only two of 17 pass attempts. The rare bright spot in this grim season won't get a chance to buoy the mood in Cleveland long, as more horror stories of dysfunction come out of Browns practice.

Rookie running back James Davis, who many observers saw as a midseason replacement for the aging Jamal Lewis, suffered a season-ending shoulder injury that will require the Dr. James Andrews treatment later this week. While Davis initially injured the shoulder in the Browns' Week 1 loss to the Vikings, the injury was seriously exacerbated by an incident two weeks ago during what was termed a post-practice pass blocking drill in which a linebacker put on pads and nailed Davis, who was participating sans paddings.

Browns officials as so far denying the report by ESPN's Adam Schefter, who has five sources, including two alleged witnesses, to corroborate the story. The union is certainly paying it some mind, calling the incident "an outrage" and discussing the possibility of filing a grievance, though one of Schefter's sources has indicated David may be hesitant to do it out of fear for losing his job.

Unlike their troubles with the pugilistic Braylon Edwards, this isn't a problem that can easily be handed off to someone else to handle. In addition to the lax way the organization handled the Shaun Smith punching last season, a light touch in dealing with the way Eric Mangini is running this team will only result in the kind of conditions that will keep prospective players away from the franchise.

Dr. James Andrews must be LOADED. Seriously, how many times is this guy mentioned in articles regarding shoulder injuries? Just Chad Pennington's visits ALONE must make him a multi-millionaire, nevermind the dozens of other players he works on.

Right. Loaded $$$$

But how is this Mangini's fault? Did he tell him not to put on pads and then send him into a contact scrimage?

I guess I just dont understand the situation. Who told Davis not to put on pads? And why was he in a contract drill or scrimage without them?

Right. Loaded $$$$

But how is this Mangini's fault? Did he tell him not to put on pads and then send him into a contact scrimage?

I guess I just dont understand the situation. Who told Davis not to put on pads? And why was he in a contract drill or scrimage without them?

Another article posted on the board said the Browns coaching staff willingly allowed him to do it. Not sure if it was Davis's idea, but its definitely "negligence", if you can call it that, on the part of Mangini.

Right. Loaded $$$$

Who do you think runs practices? The ball boy?

Oh wait...

I have a problem with your thread title. I know you're trying to play to the crowd but try to get ovah the Mangini obsession. He's not HC here anymore. News Flash : When the world ends on December 21, 2012 it will NOT be Mangini's fault.

Dr. James Andrews must be LOADED. Seriously, how many times is this guy mentioned in articles regarding shoulder injuries? Just Chad Pennington's visits ALONE must make him a multi-millionaire, nevermind the dozens of other players he works on.

How long has he been doing it too ? Seems like I've heard he was the best out there for like 30 years.

I have a problem with your thread title. I know you're trying to play to the crowd but try to get ovah the Mangini obsession. He's not HC here anymore. News Flash : When the world ends on December 21, 2012 it will NOT be Mangini's fault.

Blow me.

The league is investigating Mangini for the illegal practice.

Archived