For those willing to go on record...

BroadwayJoe12

Not even sure why I decided to come on this board after a loss, especially a loss on MNF, but I did anyways. It's obvious there would be every SOJ- touting poster coming out and acting as if the sky was falling.

The only way any of you posters can be happy is if the Jets legit go 14-2 or better. If they win, oh don't get too ****y we're the same old jets, and when the lose, it's damn i told ya so. It's almost as if most of you want the team to lose so as you can say that you were right about us being 8-8 or 7-9.

We allowed 4 touchdowns by opposing offenses through 4 games...and 1 of them was the best offense in New Orleans...this is not a bad defense. It's a defense that had a bad day. Sanchez had a terrible game last week and bounced back. Our defense had a terrible game and will bounce back. Or does one bad defensive showing trump 4 quality ones??

Rex Ryan said this (basically, I only got down some of the quotes from his postgame conference), "Complete embaressment by 0our defense and me, I never had the defense prepared the way i should have. i've never been involved in an embaressment like that...just, i'm kind of at a loss for words wth our defensive performance, we couldn't get pressure, we made their quarterback look like Dan Marino...just a horrendous day for our defense. "

He realizes they played terribly, and obviously so do we. It was terrible. The worst we've seen in a while. But it was one bad game. We have two games where we have to take care of business and than we get our rematch at home.

I understand we played like absolute dikc on defense, but our offense looked solid. TJ looked decent, had some burst, clowney looks like he can be a contributor at the NFL level and Braylon looks like he was a solid investment.

However, this is the time where you can go on record and say that you think our team is for real and will still end up winning the division. I'm not willing to jump ship after one terrible game. I'm still predicting 10-6 or 11-5. Call me crazy, but I'm willing to go on record for it.

Not even sure why I decided to come on this board after a loss, especially a loss on MNF, but I did anyways. It's obvious there would be every SOJ- touting poster coming out and acting as if the sky was falling.

The only way any of you posters can be happy is if the Jets legit go 14-2 or better. If they win, oh don't get too ****y we're the same old jets, and when the lose, it's damn i told ya so. It's almost as if most of you want the team to lose so as you can say that you were right about us being 8-8 or 7-9.

We allowed 4 touchdowns by opposing offenses through 4 games...and 1 of them was the best offense in New Orleans...this is not a bad defense. It's a defense that had a bad day. Sanchez had a terrible game last week and bounced back. Our defense had a terrible game and will bounce back. Or does one bad defensive showing trump 4 quality ones??

Rex Ryan said this (basically, I only got down some of the quotes from his postgame conference), "Complete embaressment by 0our defense and me, I never had the defense prepared the way i should have. i've never been involved in an embaressment like that...just, i'm kind of at a loss for words wth our defensive performance, we couldn't get pressure, we made their quarterback look like Dan Marino...just a horrendous day for our defense. "

He realizes they played terribly, and obviously so do we. It was terrible. The worst we've seen in a while. But it was one bad game. We have two games where we have to take care of business and than we get our rematch at home.

I understand we played like absolute dikc on defense, but our offense looked solid. TJ looked decent, had some burst, clowney looks like he can be a contributor at the NFL level and Braylon looks like he was a solid investment.

However, this is the time where you can go on record and say that you think our team is for real and will still end up winning the division. I'm not willing to jump ship after one terrible game. I'm still predicting 10-6 or 11-5. Call me crazy, but I'm willing to go on record for it.

I'm with ya.. I also wonder why I;m even here right now. We are a good team. We have our flaws and we're going to have ups and downs. This was an amazingly tight back and forth divisional game. We ended up losing and I'm sick, but this does not mean we suck.

I still ride or die with this team.. we are winning the division..

We lose to Buffalo and Oakland. Easy.

If we lose to Buffalo without Poz, Marcus Buggs and Kawika Mitchell, than I'll start agreeing. However, we haven't lost to them yet, Rex is clearly going to rip his team, his defensive coaching staff and himself a new one. They allowed 200+ yards to both New Orleans and Miami in consecutive weeks, I see absolutely no way they win. This isn't the same ****y attitude we had going into Miami, we are at home against the jills, this is our game to lose.

We never seem to travel to West Coast well, but the Oakland Raiders are another team that is just...well they are a JV team. We lost to either of these teams, than yes, I'll surrender some of my optimism.

But not until they do that will i surrender any. But the thing is, we win both games by 21+, will anyone here even be happy?? We do what we're suppose to do and I bet people will still be upset. The giants are beating up on weak teams, not many call them out on it. I say the real test is getting the fins in the rematch in our home. That'll be the test.

And what makes me sick is others don't. They should seriously be Detroit Lion fans.

The only difference between us and Detroit Lions fans is that they start the season knowing they're screwed.

We end up in the same place a few weeks later.

Defense and offenive lines were complete failures tonight. Made to look silly by a BS gimmick offense.

The offensive line wasn't terrible imo. They pounded it near the goal line and Sanchez had time...I think TJ is a bigger problem and would like Washington to be in the 15 carry range.

The only difference between us and Detroit Lions fans is that they start the season knowing they're screwed.

We end up in the same place a few weeks later.

I have no clue why I'm on after a loss, especially this one. I would rather know I'm screwed than have every ****ing year be the same bullsh1t. It's 1 loss, but god damn, we could not have looked any worse on defense. On a positive note, Sanchez bounced back and Edwards has hands (we got lucky with that pass interference call which should've been just called a dropped ball. (also only helped us AT THE TIME before our defense ****ed up again.)

EXPOSED: Jets can't handle wildcat.

The problem with the defense in this game is it one thing to come out like this after a big emotional win and this being a trap game. However we just came of a loss and it was against a division rival and we completely **** the game. The defense shouldn't have been feeling so highly after last weeks loss to come out completely lost as they did.

Im not jumping ship but if we lose to miami at home we will not make the playoffs the only way we get in is by winning the AFC east cause there is going to be 3 teams at 11-5 or better not winning there division. That being said the dolphins exposed our biggest weakness our DE's they are old slow and non effective and they are the sole reason we have only 4 sacks all year and 0 in 3 separate games this needs to change and change quick, I think Gholston should be moved to DE and play only DE on pass rushing downs maybe he can actually become effective but prob not. We will get the next 2 wins and then have to prove we are for real by beating the dolphins at our house cause if we dont that might just spell the end for us.

When we went 3-0 it was "don't get your hopes up, it's a long season!", then we lose 2 and it's "this franchise is a joke"? Well, what happened to the long season? 2 games? LOL

Relax.

JETS are still contenders.

Take the positive from this game, Braylon will be a huge difference maker in this offense... and the defense plays LIGHTS OUT 4/5 attempts. I'll take that!

I still see us winning at least 10 games. This game was just a bad mismatch and poor coaching on top of it. Rex thought we could just go in and stand up the run and force them to pass; it didn't work, and they didn't make the right adjustments at the half. I don't think any other team on our schedule will be as good at running it as they were. If they can learn from this and figure out a way to stop Miami in a few weeks, we'll be in good shape. If we get run over again, it will be tough.

not only did braylon look good, but we got better use out of leon and we got to see that once clowney shuts up and plays he can actually be a good looking player, after this game i think clowney is going to get his chances in this offense. Like everyone else is saying the D played very very bad but our three other wins are because of the D the let one game slip away and i dont see it happing again any time soon

• Upvote 1

I know i'm the minority here (being a Dolphins fan), but why are some people hell bent on calling the Wildcat a gimmick offense? Two fake punts is gimmicky. The Wildcat (imo of course) is a legit NFL formation now (If it's in Madden, it's got to be real LOL). A crap load of teams run it in some form now. I just want to know what has to happen for you guys to stop calling it a gimmick. It's successful at a professional level. What else needs to happen? Just curious.

I know i'm the minority here (being a Dolphins fan), but why are some people hell bent on calling the Wildcat a gimmick offense? Two fake punts is gimmicky. The Wildcat (imo of course) is a legit NFL formation now (If it's in Madden, it's got to be real LOL). A crap load of teams run it in some form now. I just want to know what has to happen for you guys to stop calling it a gimmick. It's successful at a professional level. What else needs to happen? Just curious.

In my opinion a gimmick is something that works once when it is a surprise, but won't work long term.

Particularly after the second NEP game last year I viewed as nothing more than gimmicky. It work great the first time the Dolphins used that formation, but once the Pats had some film and time to think about how to defend against it was pretty ineffective.

All new developments in football begin as gimmicks Be it the no-huddle offense, the shotgun, or switching from a 4-3 defense to a 3-4 defense began life as a gimmick. Only once they were still effective once teams knew about them and prepared for them could they be considered legitimate formation as opposed to simply gimmick.

When Miami effectively ran the wildcat against what it is considered one of the best defenses in the NFL against a coach that is considered one of the best minds on defense even thought they knew it was coming, it ceased being a gimmick and must be considered a legitimate formation.

As far as I am concerned on MNF the wildcat ceased being a gimmick and is an offensive formation just like the I or the shotgun.