Some Good and Bad Notes from the Game

hoping4ASuperBowl

Well I finally collected my thoughts after throwing crap all over my place and slapping my fiancee's boobs, I put together some thoughts from the game you guys can note, think about, and discuss.

First the good:

-Sanchez looks good, he did stare down a receiver a few times, but he still has some great poise and stayed in the pocket by his Oline.

-Edwards is most certainly worth the trade, especially with his performances down by the endzone. He was catching those balls with his hands, not his body. He's a quick learner.

-Washington is gonna be one of the most explosive players in this offense and Shotty will find ways to use him more, like handing to ball off to him more than jones.

-On defense Harris and Revis were one of the few sure tacklers all night.

-Jenkins is a beast!

-The fake punts to keep the drives alive. Maybe rex knew we needed to rest the D more and understood he was having trouble with the wildcat.

Now the things that annoyed me or just confused me.

-Why did we run the seminole once? I know it didn't quite work, but Leon needs to touch the ball more. Jones carries are gonna keep diminishing if Leon keeps looking this good.

-How did both safeties let Ginn just breeze right by them. I remember hearing Henne's accuracy is questionable, sure didn't look it there.

-I'm amazed we let them score on the dolphins last play at the goal line there. They ran that same exact play about 7 times that night, and we still didn't have the answer for it.

-No pass rush is a big problem. I don't know if it was completely off because of the wildcat, but whatever the reason someone has to get to the qb when Jenkins is hogging up at least 2 players.

-And where was Keller all game? I thought he was gonna have the best game based on the matchups. :(

Any other thoughts are welcome.

Well I finally collected my thoughts after throwing crap all over my place and slapping my fiancee's boobs, I put together some thoughts from the game you guys can note, think about, and discuss.

First the good:

-Sanchez looks good, he did stare down a receiver a few times, but he still has some great poise and stayed in the pocket by his Oline.

-Edwards is most certainly worth the trade, especially with his performances down by the endzone. He was catching those balls with his hands, not his body. He's a quick learner.

-Washington is gonna be one of the most explosive players in this offense and Shotty will find ways to use him more, like handing to ball off to him more than jones.

-Jenkins is a beast!

-The fake punts to keep the drives alive. Maybe rex knew we needed to rest the D more and understood he was having trouble with the wildcat.

-Why did we run the seminole once? I know it didn't quite work, but Leon needs to touch the ball more. Jones carries are gonna keep diminishing if Leon keeps looking this good.

-How did both safeties let Ginn just breeze right by them. I remember hearing Henne's accuracy is questionable, sure didn't look it there.

-I'm amazed we let them score on the dolphins last play at the goal line there. They ran that same exact play about 7 times that night, and we still didn't have the answer for it.

-No pass rush is a big problem. I don't know if it was completely off because of the wildcat, but whatever the reason someone has to get to the qb when Jenkins is hogging up at least 2 players.

-And where was Keller all game? I thought he was gonna have the best game based on the matchups. :(

I believe the first punt was a broken play..if not Oscar worthy

Jenkins did not stop WC up the middle

last play should have been an all out run blitz..dare RB to throw the ball

rex ryan had no answers for the dolphins offense last night. he better get to work on the tape and figure something out. i can accept fu*king up once. twice and there's no excuse.......you're supposed to be a defensive guru. we have very good talent onthis defense....no excuse for another performance like this. the players included. they've seen it now....they need to step up in 3 weeks at the meadowlands.

I believe the first punt was a broken play..if not Oscar worthy

Jenkins did not stop WC up the middle

last play should have been an all out run blitz..dare RB to throw the ball

I wasn't sure about that punt before, it didn't seem planned cause he did wind up like he was gonna kick and then changed at the last minute.

Jenkins didn't stop the WC up the middle, your right. But he continually beat Grove and whoever else was on him and got into the backfield. Problem was not enough of the other defenders got in there or quick enough and thats why the WC worked.

I agree about the last play. I saw that play coming a mile a way and im sure Rex did too. How we didn't stop it is beyond me.

First the good:

-Jenkins is a beast!

Jenkins did not have a good game. He flashed, but the WC absued us up the middle.

Sanchez was OK. Some good plays, and some bad throws.

Edwards is the real deal

I agree, we should have blitzed 10 on the last play. If they had the guts to let a RB throw it with the tying FG just sitting there, then fine.

Our pass rush, or lack thereof, is the most frightening thing.

Jenkins did not have a good game. He flashed, but the WC absued us up the middle.

Edwards is the real deal

I agree, we should have blitzed 10 on the last play. If they had the guts to let a RB throw it with the tying FG just sitting there, then fine.

I

Edwards is the real deal

Yep..i am shocked rex did not sell out there

Agree with all of the above with a slight modification: Sanchez did not have a solid game. Give the DB's some stickum and he's got two or three picks minimum. Also, was throwing high and hurrying his passes all game. And took a bad grounding penalty. Agree that Jenkins played well despite the statline. Jenkins is getting a bad rap for shoddy Inside linebacker play, espcially by Scott who spent the game face-down on the carpet.

Also, was throwing high and hurrying his passes all game.

This is a recurring theme, and one that's starting to concern me. Seems like almost all of his downfield throws are high. His accuracy is supposed to be a big part of his game, but he's missing too many targets.

This is a recurring theme, and one that's starting to concern me. Seems like almost all of his downfield throws are high. His accuracy is supposed to be a big part of his game, but he's missing too many targets.

he is a 22 yearole rook

More mistakes to come

i was very happy with 2H performance

Sanchez was average, but played well enough for us to win. Defense was abysmal.

If it wasn't for two great ST plays, Jets would have lost by more than 4 points.

Sanchez looked good in the second half - Braylon Edwards is the real deal - but Jaws (who, if he could have, would have performed a sexual act on Sanchez at midfield) even admitted that he locks into a receiver and thats that. This is a bad thing that will haunt him eventually. He corrects that, he'll be fine.

If it wasn't for two great ST plays, Jets would have lost by more than 4 points.

Sanchez looked good in the second half - Braylon Edwards is the real deal - but Jaws (who, if he could have, would have performed a sexual act on Sanchez at midfield) even admitted that he locks into a receiver and thats that. This is a bad thing that will haunt him eventually. He corrects that, he'll be fine.

He is a rook..game is faster..it will slow up for him

the 2 TD throws to Edwards were awesome

he looked off safety both times

Archived