Last night's game exposed our biggest weakness

Stonehands

If you look at our roster and our acquisitions over the last few years, the area that is most in need of an infusion of youth is our defensive line. We have tried to patchwork it with guys like Kimo and Coleman in the past, but we really have two starting level players in Sean Ellis and Kris Jenkins on the line. Ellis has played a lot of football and is probably on the backside of a solid career. Jenkins is a large man that is unable to take the pounding of every snap for a whole season. Douglas is a solid reserve on a good team, but beyond that we are pluggin in marginal guys along the D Line. When you trade away draft picks year after year, your depth suffers. We really could use a couple of active young defensive linemen to add to this group in the future.

Our biggest weakness is every CB on the team aside from Revis...as long as Lito's out at least.

The one game we didn't think Lito & Strickland's absence would hurt the Jets, hurt the Jets.

Coleman & Lowery were awful at the end of the game.

Jets biggest weakness has been well known for a long time.......

A solid starting 22 and little depth. The Colts are built the same way.

In contrast teams like the Patriots and Steelers have much better depth. For example Maroney is hardly the best running back in the league. But the Patriots 5th string running back is better than many other teams 3rd string runningback.

If you look at our roster and our acquisitions over the last few years, the area that is most in need of an infusion of youth is our defensive line. We have tried to patchwork it with guys like Kimo and Coleman in the past, but we really have two starting level players in Sean Ellis and Kris Jenkins on the line. Ellis has played a lot of football and is probably on the backside of a solid career. Jenkins is a large man that is unable to take the pounding of every snap for a whole season. Douglas is a solid reserve on a good team, but beyond that we are pluggin in marginal guys along the D Line. When you trade away draft picks year after year, your depth suffers. We really could use a couple of active young defensive linemen to add to this group in the future.

The D line is doing its job in this defensive scheme. We have had numerous goal line stands and its not time to call the D-line a weakness due to one bad showing vs a gimicky offense that made just about every tough play and throw possible even when under pressure. If your looking for our D-Line to put up stats its not going to happen.

Our Defense has been lights out for 4 of the 5 weeks and got caught "thinking" too much last night. The key will be can we bounce back. All the great defenses have games like this during the season but they always bounce back. If our Defense is truly great I would not want to be trent Edwards and the Bills next week.

Outside of our #1 do we have ANY picks left for the 2010 draft ? Just askin .....:biggrin:

Our biggest weakness is every CB on the team aside from Revis...as long as Lito's out at least.

How can you say this ? Our corners have done a fine job. Last night we got beat in the front 7. And the Ginn TD was very surpirsingly aganist Revis. Honestly I think Revis got caught off guard OR was expecting more help up top from Rhodes and Leonhard and it never came. Our secondary including Revis have gotten very used to max pressure up front and that play took longer than normal to develop.

Outside of our #1 do we have ANY picks left for the 2010 draft ? Just askin .....:biggrin:

If my data is correct....

Jets have 1st, 6th, 7th and one of the following: 2nd, 3rd, 4th.

They traded the 5th round pick and either a 2nd or 3rd for Edwards.

And traded the 2nd, 3rd or 4th for Sheppard.

Not sure what will happen if they owe both Phil and Baltimore the same pick. I assume there is some provision in the trade deal with Balt.

The one game we didn't think Lito & Strickland's absence would hurt the Jets, hurt the Jets.

Coleman & Lowery were awful at the end of the game.

Really now? so you send a 7 man blitz and DONT get to the QB and you expect the CB's to hold the WR's all day right?

Even Revis got torched because the Blitz couldnt get to the QB so what the hell are you talking about? If anything Rhodes and Revis gave up more points then Colemen and Lowery, and I believe more yards as well.

If we blitz we're supposed to get to the QB.

Our biggest weakness is ***** fans not believing.

Our D is entitled to a bad game after the way they have been dominating far superior offenses.

We're in first place and we can only beat ourselves.

FIRST PLACE!

Lame excuse. Beating good teams and losing to teams we should beat will only leave us out of the playoffs/superbowl and then everyone will want to get their labels out to call them the "same'ol jets", yet you guys ask for it everytime with that being entitled to have a bad game crap. Winners dont do that, losers do.

Im getting tired of seeing this franchise lose to teams like Miami and Oakland and not compete for the the big one....because we think the "D" is entitled not to show up for games. We may be in first place now, but if we do what you said then this team will certainly be beating themselves out of another opportunity to be winners.

Im starting to think that some of you guys like the "Same'ol Jets".

Lame excuse. Beating good teams and losing to teams we should beat will only leave us out of the playoffs/superbowl and then everyone will want to get their labels out to call them the "same'ol jets", yet you guys ask for it everytime with that being entitled to have a bad game crap. Winners dont do that, losers do.

Im getting tired of seeing this franchise lose to teams like Miami and Oakland and not compete for the the big one....because we think the "D" is entitled not to show up for games. We may be in first place now, but if we do what you said then this team will certainly be beating themselves out of another opportunity to be winners.

Im starting to think that some of you guys like the "Same'ol Jets".

Like the SOJ's?? That's insane.....

I like to keep a winning attitude, and move on. The year the Giants won they had many suspect games. SOJtitude would say here we go again.

I'm saying this will only make us better, pissing off a already great defense.

Not sure what will happen if they owe both Phil and Baltimore the same pick. I assume there is some provision in the trade deal with Balt.

i think you mean Cleveland, not Baltimore. Baltimore used to be Cleveland and Indianapolis used to be Baltimore, but Cleveland was an expansion team.

The D line is doing its job in this defensive scheme. We have had numerous goal line stands and its not time to call the D-line a weakness due to one bad showing vs a gimicky offense that made just about every tough play and throw possible even when under pressure. If your looking for our D-Line to put up stats its not going to happen.

Our Defense has been lights out for 4 of the 5 weeks and got caught "thinking" too much last night. The key will be can we bounce back. All the great defenses have games like this during the season but they always bounce back. If our Defense is truly great I would not want to be trent Edwards and the Bills next week.

HOw long before the Wildcat is not a "gimmick" anymore? I really want to know what has to happen before a play is considered "normal" and not a gimmick. Especially considering 80% of the NFL is running it in at least some form now.

I actually think Douglas has been okay. I am not a trained game film watcher, but I would not even know that Ellis played Monday night. I don't even remember seeing him. He has too many games like that. And they absolutely do need their injured CBs back. Depth is a problem.

From what I have read Edwards will be a 3rd unless Edwards has a monster year. Needs like 80 catches and the Pro bowl. He has 15 now.

No way the Jets are going to give Lito a $10,000,000 roster bonus next season, or he takes 85% of the snaps. Both are required for the Eagles to get a 2nd. More then likely a 4th.

Wouldn

HOw long before the Wildcat is not a "gimmick" anymore? I really want to know what has to happen before a play is considered "normal" and not a gimmick. Especially considering 80% of the NFL is running it in at least some form now.

The Wildcat offense consisted of 16 plays that gained 110 yards or so. The key behind that whole Offense is to keep Defenses off balance because you have 3 option elements to deal with which catches you flat footed. Add all that up with the speed and strength of the Dolphin backfield and it can keep a defense on its heels even when the regular offense is being run. They are simply "in your head"

The plays that Killed us in this game were the 2 third down throws Henne made on the last drive with Pressure in his face and one of the receivers tightly covered and the other making a catch while falling to the ground. The Dolphins made almost every tough play they had to make monday night to win that game. The type of plays the Dolphins made are plays that do not have a high percentage of success but Henne stood in the pocket strong and made some incredible throws. Not much you can do about that.

On the last play of the game Bart Scott had to respect the fake handoff to Ricky Williams which kept him honest just long enough (split second) to get Ron Brown a full head of steam towards the endzone. If they dont use that fake Scott Comes flying in and makes the game saving tackle.

The Dolphins had one of those games where everything worked and they played their asses off picking up the blitz. They deserved to win and by no means should any Jet fan be too dissapointed. The perfect remedy is to to go out now string together a few wins and be ready for the Fins in a few weeks at home.

Archived