Calvin Pace is the man

frankmoga

Calvin Pace is a true NY Jet. He blasted Chad Henne and the Crappy wildcat after the game. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/13/sports/football/13jets.html?_r=1&ref=sports

I love Rex Ryan's no excuse mantra and guys like Pace not cowering to the media. We will hang 40 on the Dullards when we get them in our house in a few weeks. I am on the record stating that we will shut them out and skin the wildcat alive. There is no way in hell Ryan lets this game go without retribution. He was pissed as hell last night. It was awesome to see a coach with so much emotion...

Thoughts on Pace? I cant wait till he gets back in game shape.

Moga

Calvin Pace is a true NY Jet. He blasted Chad Henne and the Crappy wildcat after the game. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/13/sports/football/13jets.html?_r=1&ref=sports

I love Rex Ryan's no excuse mantra and guys like Pace not cowering to the media. We will hang 40 on the Dullards when we get them in our house in a few weeks. I am on the record stating that we will shut them out and skin the wildcat alive. There is no way in hell Ryan lets this game go without retribution. He was pissed as hell last night. It was awesome to see a coach with so much emotion...

Moga

He did s-h-i-t

yeah blasting them.. after they made our D look stoopid.. and after missing 4 games by not playing by the rules..

awesome. character guy.

if i was him mom, i would smack him upside the head, and tell him to do his job, and stop whining

Moga

Me too. he looked a step behind all night last night. MMA helped him stay in shape but thats different than football shape. Going to be a couple to a few weeks.

I can't even believed he said this, especially coming off of a 4 game substance abuse suspension. Guy didn't have any hand in the Jets 3-0 start and comes back to get smoked, and he says this?!?!!

Afterward, linebacker Calvin Pace, who returned from a four-game suspension, was angry. Pace called Henne a

Well that's swagger.

1 : to conduct oneself in an arrogant or superciliously pompous manner; especially : to walk with an air of overbearing self-confidence

2 : boast, brag

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/swagger

Trash talking after a game you lost, and in which you in particular played like crap is swagger.

Swagger isn't self-confidence, it is being arrogant without justification and being over-confident. That is what Rex wanted and that is what Rex got.

Me too. he looked a step behind all night last night. MMA helped him stay in shape but thats different than football shape. Going to be a couple to a few weeks.

Like I said in another thread, based on the tackling display (or lack thereof) last night, he must not have done much training in the way of takedowns. Maybe he was training with Kimbo Slice.

I can't even believed he said this, especially coming off of a 4 game substance abuse suspension. Guy didn't have any hand in the Jets 3-0 start and comes back to get smoked, and he says this?!?!!

What a complete joke.

His team was just thoroughly embarrassed in a loss to a division rival on national TV.

Not to mention, his play was absolutely atrocious — along with the rest of the defense. If he had a nightmare scenario in terms of his first game back, well, it became a reality.

Was it smart, classy, etc. to say it?

Of course not.

But we aren't all programmed robots, brah.

Well that's swagger.

1 : to conduct oneself in an arrogant or superciliously pompous manner; especially : to walk with an air of overbearing self-confidence

2 : boast, brag

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/swagger

Trash talking after a game you lost, and in which you in particular played like crap is swagger.

Swagger isn't self-confidence, it is being arrogant without justification and being over-confident. That is what Rex wanted and that is what Rex got.

To his credit, while he may have absurdly crap talked a team immediately after losing to them, at least he didn't pull a play from the whiny Dolphins playbook and talk about how as far as he's concerned the Jets really actually won that game. I agree he's an idiot for saying that, but until the Dolphins team can stop talking about how every time the Jets beat them it doesn't count (which has happened after every loss for the past many years, including talk about why the Jets win against them last year didn't really count as recently as a few days ago), they or their fans really have no room to talk whatsoever about this sort of thing.

All of that said, Pace really needs to shut the hell up.

Archived