Boondock Saints 2: All Saints Day official Trailer

JoeC36

If any of you get a chance check out "Overnight". It's about Troy Duffy's attempt to make this movie right after the first one came out. It's pretty much a guideline on how to kill a promising career.

And I am looking forward to seeing this one as well.

If any of you get a chance check out "Overnight". It's about Troy Duffy's attempt to make this movie right after the first one came out. It's pretty much a guideline on how to kill a promising career.

And I am looking forward to seeing this one as well.

Me too. The original is one of my top all time movies. I think my kids have every line memorized. :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
Oh man, early reviews so far have been awful. I can't wait to see this.

This is the only movie where I'm happy to hear that.

It never had a chance anyways. You think all these critics that burried the oringinal are going to change the mind, knowing the cult classic status the oringinal has. I'm sure they're still pissed.

Now I'm thinking it's going to be another good ****ing movie. This guy even said he enjoyed it.

The Boondock Saints II is a sequel made strictly for fans of the first film, one big valentine to them for making it such a cult phenomenon. Boondock II simply doesn't need to (or seems want to) appeal to anyone else. (You must have seen the original in order to get this movie.) And Duffy gives those fans exactly what they crave and then some: over-the-top, guns-blazing violence, music video-style sequences engineered simply to be "cool," and self-consciously written, darkly comic exchanges laced with as many pop culture nods and Boston references as they are F-bombs. (Think Quentin Tarantino crossed with Denis Leary; indeed, there's a whole speech about John Wayne that feels like it's been lifted right out of an old Leary stand-up act.)

Archived