The other Joshie wants out..mean Sir Josh

afosomf

Get r done Tanny....danny Lilhead is avial

BEREA, Ohio -- Browns coach Eric Mangini says he has no interest in trading Cleveland special teams star Josh Cribbs.

Mangini made it clear on Friday that he doesn't plan to trade Cribbs, but he didn't address Cribbs' desire for a new contract. Cribbs is currently signed through 2012.

He has previously mentioned he would seek a trade if a new deal couldn't be reached. The trade deadline is Tuesday.

Media reports say at least five teams have inquired with Cleveland about Cribbs' availability. Cribbs signed a six-year extension in 2007 worth $6.77

Brad is growing on me

Cribbs is 1/3 of brownies O...not saying much...nice playa though

Growing on you until the next time he makes a bone headed play or drops a pass. We'll be calling for his nuts on his platter.

Get r done Tanny....danny Lilhead is avial

BEREA, Ohio -- Browns coach Eric Mangini says he has no interest in trading Cleveland special teams star Josh Cribbs.

Mangini made it clear on Friday that he doesn't plan to trade Cribbs, but he didn't address Cribbs' desire for a new contract. Cribbs is currently signed through 2012.

He has previously mentioned he would seek a trade if a new deal couldn't be reached. The trade deadline is Tuesday.

Media reports say at least five teams have inquired with Cleveland about Cribbs' availability. Cribbs signed a six-year extension in 2007 worth $6.77

**** ! the Browns. How DARE they hold a gun on Cribbs and force him to sign that extention. :roll:

I feel like Mangini would make for a better GM then a coach. He came into a situation where all anyone on that team has ever done was lose their entire NFL careers. He set up new strict rules, disciplined players, and is sending away the "cancers" and stockpiling draft picks so he can replace them with players that are fresh and not going to complain.

Problem is.... He can't coach. Coaches have to always want to win now, it is the GM and owners job to worry about the future of the organization. I almost feel like Mangini came in this year knowing it was going to be a down year so he's 'helping' himself out by getting the players he wants out to want out so he can draft hi next year...

I feel like Mangini would make for a better GM then a coach. He came into a situation where all anyone on that team has ever done was lose their entire NFL careers. He set up new strict rules, disciplined players, and is sending away the "cancers" and stockpiling draft picks so he can replace them with players that are fresh and not going to complain.

Problem is.... He can't coach. Coaches have to always want to win now, it is the GM and owners job to worry about the future of the organization. I almost feel like Mangini came in this year knowing it was going to be a down year so he's 'helping' himself out by getting the players he wants out to want out so he can draft hi next year...

Other problem is you can't simply build a team through the draft ALONE. If Mangini wants players to re-sign with him or come over as free agents, he'll have to overpay to get them to do so. You can't build a roster that way.

Other problem is you can't simply build a team through the draft ALONE. If Mangini wants players to re-sign with him or come over as free agents, he'll have to overpay to get them to do so. You can't build a roster that way.

Maybe...On the other hand (from a pure GM perspective), maybe Cleveland needs an atmosphere where they dont go into free agency with the hopes of signing a star... Maybe they'd be better off in the long run signing a few younger guys that need to prove themselves and earn a solid roster spot. If people believed Mangini could coach and could win given the right pieces, that strategy might work. However, as I said previously, Mangini is not a good coach and he obviously has not adjusted his own plan accordingly...Thats why I say he may be better fitted to work in a teams FO then be a head coach.

Archived