Bears sign Fred Miller

RSJ

Bears | Miller Agrees to Five-Year Deal - from www.KFFL.com

Mon, 7 Mar 2005 12:57:34 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Chicago Bears have agreed to a five-year deal with free agent OT Fred Miller (Titans). Financial terms were not disclosed.

why the hell would anyone want to go to chicago???

he must have gottin some $$$$$$

Bears | Miller Agrees to Five-Year Deal - from www.KFFL.com

Mon, 7 Mar 2005 12:57:34 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Chicago Bears have agreed to a five-year deal with free agent OT Fred Miller (Titans). Financial terms were not disclosed.

LOL. Miami likes Chicago as an NFC team... :twisted:

I like a lot of players on that team too.

Chicago's money is as green as the Patriots or the Jets, right?

BTY, Miller is close to washed up--if they get 2 seasons out of him they should feel happy...

5 seasons was merely done to protect the team, so they spread his bonus over 5 seasons--lessing the cap impact.

BTY, Miller is close to washed up--if they get 2 seasons out of him they should feel happy...

5 seasons was merely done to protect the team, so they spread his bonus over 5 seasons--lessing the cap impact.

igs, how about a little Bob Whitfield? Think he could be our stopgap if Adrian Jones isn't ready?

Fred Miller is a decent OT but at Left Tackle...Hmmmmmm. I don't know about that move.

I understand that he is a huge upgrade over Quasim Mitchell and company but Miller at LT. Not down with that move.

The Bears actually have a dynamite looking defense if they can stay healthy. They have some of the best young talent in football on that side.

I like their scheme too. It's a hybrid of The speedy Cover 2 and the overload blitz scheme from Philly. It's a fun defense to watch when healthy. They can fly to the ball.

Their special teams are sick too. That team creates great field position with their return game.

That offense is brutal but they do have a good offensive line with Kreutz, Tait and Ruben Brown.

Bears need to get Grossman right and they need skill position players badly.

Their special teams are sick too. That team creates great field position with their return game.

Great point YJF. Some of those "no-names" like Cameron Worrell can really cover...Jerry Azumah can return kicks and Brad Maynard is great punter...defense is real good too...

They just need to jump start the offense.

They scored more special teams and defensive TD's, than their WR's and TE's scored in 2004 :shock:

You know me so well.....

I'm also from there originally, but lived in NY for 25+ years.

Chicago is a great place, and I still love the Bears. It's hard to have a favorite, with the Bears and Jets both being my children... :D

Fred Miller is a decent OT but at Left Tackle...Hmmmmmm. I don't know about that move.

I understand that he is a huge upgrade over Quasim Mitchell and company but Miller at LT. Not down with that move.

The Bears actually have a dynamite looking defense if they can stay healthy. They have some of the best young talent in football on that side.

I like their scheme too. It's a hybrid of The speedy Cover 2 and the overload blitz scheme from Philly. It's a fun defense to watch when healthy. They can fly to the ball.

That offense is brutal but they do have a good offensive line with Kreutz, Tait and Ruben Brown.

Bears need to get Grossman right and they need skill position players badly.

Young, but wise. You know your stuff, YJF.

The Bears have a ton of talent on that team. The problem has been their offensive line. They have a killer D line, with Ogun, Brown, and two studs in the middle, both two year players in Tank and Harris.

Tillman and Nathan Vasher are two gems Jerry Angelo found in the draft, and Mike Brown and Bobby Gray are a terrific saftey tandem. Actually, if I were Terry, I'd make an offer to restricted free agent Gray. Hell, a fifth round pcik for a man like him would be larceny.

The scheme can make all the difference. Under Greg Blache, the Bears played a "read/react" D. Under Lewis and former Bear rivera, they play a hybrid 46. The D thrived and will only get better.

Give them a healthy Rex Grossman, and a Braylon edwards/Mike Willams or Ronnie Borwn and see how dangerous they can be.

In regards to Miller, the Bears will most likely move him to RT, and play John Tait on the left. I'm leery of it, as Tait is a Pro Bowl type RT switching to a position he is not strong at.

The Bears have alot of talent on their line, but they have not meshed. Qasim Mitchell, Aaron Gibson, Kruetz, Colombo, etc are big,s trong etc, but Ryan Tucker is always injured.

We'll see how it turns out.

igs, how about a little Bob Whitfield? Think he could be our stopgap if Adrian Jones isn't ready?

Whitfield would be the perfect fit here imo. Sort of a Jombo Elliot type that can bring in a veteran presence and fill in if Jones isn't ready.

I like the moves your second fav. team is making thus far. They are headed back to respectability IMO. :)

Angelo reminds me of Bradway in so many ways. Both have made great picks for their respective teams, but they also made some questionable decisions, for example, Angelo did not mark off the correct compensation box for Dewayne Bates and Warrick Holdman.

Angelo has also made some bad free agent signings, but also some great signings. Both also underestimated the need for quality backup qbs, and put their teams in difficult spots.

Rich Cimini also took a shot at the Jets recently on their hirings, claiming that the turnover was unusual and basically inferred that something was wrong with the Jets management. Well, Chicago has lost I believe five assistants this off season alone.

It's so funny how these teams are alike. I do believe Angelo and Bradway have righted the ship and I really feel Chicago can have a good season this year.

Archived