Tom Brady is going to hell

jaspegs

:Typotux:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/18/report-tom-brady-is-going-to-hell/

The title says it all.

Yes, Tom Brady is going to hell.

Ian Rapoport of the Boston Herald pointed out to us this rather critical nugget (for Brady at least) earlier in the week. It seems that the Amazing Grace Baptist Church in Canton, North Carolina has usurped the duties of St. Peter and declared Brady's eternal damnation.

"Tom Brady has an unwed child, but it's okay because he wins Super Bowls," the church said on its web site. "Tom Brady is teaching us to have sex outside of marriage, to commit fornication, don't marry and do the right thing, don't take responsibility for your actions, have a good time no matter who you hurt in this world, go from sex partner to sex partner, and it's okay because of who I am. How many of you dad's [sic] cheer on Tom in the Super Bowl while your kids are watching?"

(Technically, most people with kids under the age of 18 have an "unwed child." But we think we get the point.)

So there you have it. Like David Puddy and Elaine Benes, Brady is going to hell.

And if that's the standard for an eternity of devils and caves and ragged clothing, Tom will have plenty of company.

:rolleyes:

I realize Brady is one of the stars of the league and thus is an easy target for this type of article, but this is ridculous. We "know" Brady has been with Monyhan and Gisele over the past 10 years. How many woman has Jeter been banging the past decade and a half? Or Stray-Rod?

I guess someone is still upset over Superbowl 38.

I realize Brady is one of the stars of the league and thus is an easy target for this type of article, but this is ridculous. We "know" Brady has been with Monyhan and Gisele over the past 10 years. How many woman has Jeter been banging the past decade and a half? Or Stray-Rod?

maybe jeter is banging single people?

just a hunch here, but I suggest you check the Jets roster (as well as any team in the NFL)and see how many children out of wedlock the players have had collectively. What's the over? 10? I'll take that bet.

Yeah but we had Reggie Hodges on our team. Dude's a priest.

DEFEND THE HONOR OF BRADY'S FATHERHOOD, PKFISHY!

Not at all, just saying there are better examples of irresponsible athletes.

While Tom did father a child out of wedlock, he has not been irresponsible absent father to his son like many athletes.

While he is expecting his second child, he is married to the mother of this child, again, unlike many athletes.

He has never been accused of rape, like Big Ben.

He does not have 9 different kids by 9 different woman, thank you Travis Henry.

I am not saying Brady is a saint, but he is far from the worst athlete out there.

...didn't Sanchize have to take a rape awareness class at USC after allegations of improper behavior? Hmmmm....

If it's any consolation to Jets fans.....Brady will be playing in rather hellish conditions today. Heavy rain, 44 degrees and wind gusts of up to 30 mph. Wait! Jets are playing in the same kind of conditions, right?

tom-brady-child-2.jpg

How many children does Jeter & A-Rod have out of wedlock? I could care less who sews their seeds where, but this is a dumb argument.

A-Rod has two children with his ex WIFe and JETER has none.

BTW who the f^ck cares if a guy has a kid out of wedlock? Like a piece of paper/marriage certificate ensures happiness. :rolleyes: As long as they're taken care of what the f^ck difference does it make if their parents are married or not? I can tell you, kids from two parent households have the same issues single parent household kids have. It makes not one iota of a difference.

...didn't Sanchize have to take a rape awareness class at USC after allegations of improper behavior? Hmmmm....

If it's any consolation to Jets fans.....Brady will be playing in rather hellish conditions today. Heavy rain, 44 degrees and wind gusts of up to 30 mph. Wait! Jets are playing in the same kind of conditions, right?

tom-brady-child-2.jpg

What's funny is that you're taking this seriously enough to feel the need to defend him/attack Jets players.

How many children does Jeter & A-Rod have out of wedlock? I could care less who sews their seeds where, but this is a dumb argument.

A-Rod has two children with his ex WIFe and JETER has none.

BTW who the f^ck cares if a guy has a kid out of wedlock? Like a piece of paper/marriage certificate ensures happiness. :rolleyes: As long as they're taken care of what the f^ck difference does it make if their parents are married or not? I can tell you, kids from two parent households have the same issues single parent household kids have. It makes not one iota of a difference.

DLJ you are missing the point.

I could give an oven baked deuce about what Tom, Alex or Derek do in their off time. While Alex and Derek have not had kids out of wedlock, that we know of, the rest of what Tom was 'cruicfied' for, I am pretty sure they are guilty of. Sex outside of marriage from sex partner to sex partner? Yes.

My point is this, when using Brady as a poster child for irresponsible athletes you are either out of touch with reality or have a hidden agenda. My guess, someone has a Del Homme jersey in their closet.

I could give an oven baked deuce about what Tom, Alex or Derek do in their off time. While Alex and Derek have not had kids out of wedlock, that we know of, the rest of what Tom was 'cruicfied' for, I am pretty sure they are guilty of. Sex outside of marriage from sex partner to sex partner? Yes.

My point is this, when using Brady as a poster child for irresponsible athletes you are either out of touch with reality or have a hidden agenda. My guess, someone has a Del Homme jersey in their closet.

My second paragraph wasnt directed at you, only the A-Rod Jeter part. I don't get why Brady get's sh*t for doing something that's commonplace in society and the NFL. OMGASH he had a child out of wedlock. He's no longer the golden boy. People need to invest in lives and stop worrying about what others do. He isnt the first and won't be the last to have a bastard.

Agreed - I just like pointing out the hypocrisy. Last time I checked Arod cheated on his wife - OH MY!!! HE'S GOING TO HELL.....(along with a world series ring...LOL!)

Do you really think that church isn't against pretty much everything most people do? Lots of things are sins. Very few people have actually read whatever religious scripture they claim to follow, but if you read it, you'll see that in the three major religions at least, most things are sins and punishments are really harsh. Also, pretty much everyone practiced polygamy in these books but nobody ever wants to admit that either. The US, outside of Utah requires a waiting period just to find out if you were previously married in most states. The Bible never once says you can only marry one person.

What scriptures do seem to obviously prohibit is fornication (before marriage). Everyone fornicates before marriage. I don't know many people that don't. Pretty much everyone is condemned to hell if you want to get right down to it. So get that stick out of your ass, and, despite how Brady acts on the field, that prissy sissy doesn't actually need you to defend her honor anyway.

I don't want to turn this into a religion thread. But, if you're going to say a church is wrong, at least study up a bit on the religion. There are a million different sects, but that shouldn't stop you from using the Bible itself since that is the constant among all of them, and seeing what's obviously prohibited. This is what churches all do, they say so and so is damned to hell and you shouldn't follow them so you should behave in a certain way, etc., etc. It's religious speaking 101 man, c'mon.

Unfortunately, hysterical stupidity is a virus that has plagued mankind since the beginning of time and will likely continue to do so moving forward. Societal progress can only occur when the majority people who's own intelligence capabilities fall within the fringe areas are turned away from the words and ideas of the blatantly stupid. Such souls may not always be able to recognize higher levels of reason but hopefully they can at least recognize trash when they see it.

tom-brady-child-2.jpg

the article was a joke....hello!

Do you really think that church isn't against pretty much everything most people do? Lots of things are sins. Very few people have actually read whatever religious scripture they claim to follow, but if you read it, you'll see that in the three major religions at least, most things are sins and punishments are really harsh. Also, pretty much everyone practiced polygamy in these books but nobody ever wants to admit that either. The US, outside of Utah requires a waiting period just to find out if you were previously married in most states. The Bible never once says you can only marry one person.

What scriptures do seem to obviously prohibit is fornication (before marriage). Everyone fornicates before marriage. I don't know many people that don't. Pretty much everyone is condemned to hell if you want to get right down to it. So get that stick out of your ass, and, despite how Brady acts on the field, that prissy sissy doesn't actually need you to defend her honor anyway.

I don't want to turn this into a religion thread. But, if you're going to say a church is wrong, at least study up a bit on the religion. There are a million different sects, but that shouldn't stop you from using the Bible itself since that is the constant among all of them, and seeing what's obviously prohibited. This is what churches all do, they say so and so is damned to hell and you shouldn't follow them so you should behave in a certain way, etc., etc. It's religious speaking 101 man, c'mon.

Typical JN sycophant missing the forrest for the trees.

Go look at my responses.

I did not argue against the church's message. My only question is the relevance of choosing Brady.

Unless I missed something on Boston.com or ESPN.com this morning, I did not see a "Breaking News" item concerning Brady's sexual proclivity.

Unbind your panties and read for once.

Archived