Come back and root for the team in 2 years....

Barton

...if you cant take the ups and downs of a rookie QB.

He sucked today. He's gonna be good tomorrow. And then suck again.

You morons expected him to play like he did vs the Texans week 1 all the time? This is an 8-8 football team thats building itself for 2011. Sanchez will be OK.

Accept it or move on because there will be more days like this.

Bull****!!!!! Rex and Tanny need to go NOW!!!! You dont take a team with a defense built to win a title NOW and go with a Rookie QB!!!!!!!! Thats stupid management. There were other free agents including Vick. Vick is far better than Sanchez and could help us win now while Dirty Sanchez carries the clipboard and learns.

They should have gone for a veteran QB

Vick?

Go root for the Seahawks, clown.

Are you that stupid?? Do you think they were right to have a Defense ready for a Superbowl run and go with a Rookie QB????? Guess what, by the Time Chico Sanchez is ready to be any good, the defense will be old and ready to rebuild. There is NO BALANCE with this team!!!!! NONE!!!!!

This team was NEVER going to make the playoffs this year. Even the defense, as good as it is, is missing a couple of pieces.

3-3 w/rookie QB and rookie HC. Take it and move on.

Eli had a dozen of these types of games and look how he's doing now.

PATIENCE.

You morons expected him to play like he did vs the Texans week 1 all the time? This is an 8-8 football team thats building itself for 2011. Sanchez will be OK.

Holy ****! I agree with Barton!

Vick?

Go root for the Seahawks, clown.

Too late, he already does. If they didn't get hammered so bad he probably wouldn't be busting our balls.

Dude...Die.

Isn't being a "man" wearing crocs a fate worse than death?

Two years, huh? Actually we'll find out next year if the wind in the new stadium is just as bad as it is, now.

It was 50 degrees and the guy (Sanchez) is already crying that it's too cold.

:lol:

After he threw his 5th INT, Ryan should have benched him and put Clemens in to mop up in the 4th quarter and hang on for the win. Oh well.

Two years, huh? Actually we'll find out next year if the wind in the new stadium is just as bad as it is, now.

After he threw his 5th INT, Ryan should have benched him and put Clemens in to mop up in the 4th quarter and hang on for the win. Oh well.

They should have done this and just agreed to secretly say he tweaked something but should be fine. He had to get out of there. Looked like a beaten man having a nighmare with that glazed-over look on his face.

This was one of my big concerns with throwing him in there from game 1. If he's SO bad, losing game after game that the team should have won, slowly taking them out of playoff contention, there will be pressure to pull him or risk losing the rest of the team. Nobody wants to see that.

We and the coaching staff need to stick with Sanchez. Thru the ups and downs. Esp cant pull him for a squirrel like Clemens.

This team isnt winning JACK with WHOEVER at QB this year. Stick with the rook and let him learn. It hurts but we gotta.

i have no issue with a player getting pulled in a game for poor play

Not his starting job though

This team was NEVER going to make the playoffs this year. Even the defense, as good as it is, is missing a couple of pieces.

3-3 w/rookie QB and rookie HC. Take it and move on.

Eli had a dozen of these types of games and look how he's doing now.

PATIENCE.

So at 3-0 with the next 5 games having Miami twice, Buffalo, Oakland & Jacksonville you didn't think we could be at least 7-2? Bull****.

BULL****. Not buying it.

At 3-0 this team looked like a playoff team and 99% of Jet fans believed it.

There is reason for alarm w/Sanchez beyond the apologist's spin that he's Just a rookie and needs to learn. Sitting in the stands, you got the feeling that nobody wanted him to drop back anymore after the first quarter. It was uncomfortable watching him play. His passes sailed all day (as they have all season), and he was utterly indecisive. The sack he took for a loss of 16 yds in the 4th qtr was unconscienable--the entire crowd was standing and screaming "Keller!!!" as Dustin ran wide open waving his arms, and the sad thing is, Sanchez saw him, set his feet, and then, inexplicably, stared at a wide open Keller a full beat and never threw the ball. A huge back-pedal and a sack. Now, I understand that we all want Sanchez to do well and nobody likes the kid more than I do from a personality standpoint. But the fact is, the big knock on Sanchez was that he came out young and had very few starts in college. Looking at his body of work in the first six games, it's pretty simple to see Mark Sanchez is not ready to start at the NFL level, and Rex did him no favors throwing him to the wolves so soon. Face it, The Defense and ST (muffed punt recovery) gave him opportunities to score, the running game put up over three-hundred-yards including a record breaking single game rushing mark of 210 yds by TJ. The Bills looked absolutely awful doing nothing right on O or D and having to play a backup QB who, sadly, looked far more poised than Sanchez. Taking very bad sacks, missing wide-open recievers, balls sailing high, FIVE interceptions and two more that should have been picked, throwing from a scramble, leaving the pocket too soon, tossing UGLY balls (I thought he threw perfect spirals?), lack of a short memory and the tendency to get frazzled and fall apart when the going gets tough, and the inability to play in bad weather all lead me to believe that perhaps a few games with the clipboard early-on would've helped his progress to this point in the season. A few more bad games and New York/New Jersey press will skewer him mercilessly. Not good for a young, inexperienced kid who's already dealing with having his confidence badly shaken.

There is reason for alarm w/Sanchez beyond the apologist's spin that he's Just a rookie and needs to learn. Sitting in the stands, you got the feeling that nobody wanted him to drop back anymore after the first quarter. It was uncomfortable watching him play. His passes sailed all day (as they have all season), and he was utterly indecisive. The sack he took for a loss of 16 yds in the 4th qtr was unconscienable--the entire crowd was standing and screaming "Keller!!!" as Dustin ran wide open waving his arms, and the sad thing is, Sanchez saw him, set his feet, and then, inexplicably, stared at a wide open Keller a full beat and never threw the ball. A huge back-pedal and a sack. Now, I understand that we all want Sanchez to do well and nobody likes the kid more than I do from a personality standpoint. But the fact is, the big knock on Sanchez was that he came out young and had very few starts in college. Looking at his body of work in the first six games, it's pretty simple to see Mark Sanchez is not ready to start at the NFL level, and Rex did him no favors throwing him to the wolves so soon. Face it, The Defense and ST (muffed punt recovery) gave him opportunities to score, the running game put up over three-hundred-yards including a record breaking single game rushing mark of 210 yds by TJ. The Bills looked absolutely awful doing nothing right on O or D and having to play a backup QB who, sadly, looked far more poised than Sanchez. Taking very bad sacks, missing wide-open recievers, balls sailing high, FIVE interceptions and two more that should have been picked, throwing from a scramble, leaving the pocket too soon, tossing UGLY balls (I thought he threw perfect spirals?), lack of a short memory and the tendency to get frazzled and fall apart when the going gets tough, and the inability to play in bad weather all lead me to believe that perhaps a few games with the clipboard early-on would've helped his progress to this point in the season. A few more bad games and New York/New Jersey press will skewer him mercilessly. Not good for a young, inexperienced kid who's already dealing with having his confidence badly shaken.

How come when I say it this stuff it comes out so much worse?

So at 3-0 with the next 5 games having Miami twice, Buffalo, Oakland & Jacksonville you didn't think we could be at least 7-2? Bull****.

BULL****. Not buying it.

At 3-0 this team looked like a playoff team and 99% of Jet fans believed it.

yep true dat

i feel so violated

Roll Tide

They should have done this and just agreed to secretly say he tweaked something but should be fine. He had to get out of there. Looked like a beaten man having a nighmare with that glazed-over look on his face.

This was one of my big concerns with throwing him in there from game 1. If he's SO bad, losing game after game that the team should have won, slowly taking them out of playoff contention, there will be pressure to pull him or risk losing the rest of the team. Nobody wants to see that.

No doubt. It wasn't second guessing, seriously the Jets had that game won it was 13-6 or something like that ENOUGH.

Enough. Clemens should have finished the game, I think the Jets would have hung on to win. They literally gave the game away. The coaching staff was a joke with the play calling but Sanchez has got to use his brain, too. Horrible play calling, and worse execution.

i have no issue with a player getting pulled in a game for poor play

Not his starting job though

No doubt, I don't want to see Clemens as a starter.

This. Problem is, what do we do now? Pull him for Kellen and rattle his mental?

This scenario is why Sperm and I and maybe a couple of others were screaming for him to sit and learn.

We all got blind sided by a 3-0 and start and even with some terrible mistakes it looked like the right thing to do...now I bet we are wishing we didnt throw him to the wolves.

I just hope this doesnt become mental. First game in bad weather conditions, 5 picks...you dont think thats going to be on the back of his mind for his next bad weather start?

Not a good situation right now that could have be avoided.

This. Problem is, what do we do now? Pull him for Kellen and rattle his mental?

This scenario is why Sperm and I and maybe a couple of others were screaming for him to sit and learn.

We all got blind sided by a 3-0 and start and even with some terrible mistakes it looked like the right thing to do...now I bet we are wishing we didnt throw him to the wolves.

I just hope this doesnt become mental. First game in bad weather conditions, 5 picks...you dont think thats going to be on the back of his mind for his next bad weather start?

Not a good situation right now that could have be avoided.

well maybe they should have him practice in wind and rain

he will be alright...PM suked rook year too and he started 3 years at Tenn

well maybe they should have him practice in wind and rain

he will be alright...PM suked rook year too and he started 3 years at Tenn

Is Florham Park Southern Cali? Is he not getting any bad weather simulations during practice?

I'm not ready to say he will be alright because everything those of us warry of him were worried about is surfacing right before our very eyes...

Inexperienced

Never faced adversity

No real competition

Never played from behind - only time he did, he lost

Played in perfect weather

Does he have the arm to throw in the Meadowlands

Left after his Jr. year

You name it, its all surfacing and its not good and it doesnt help we have an absolute moron for an OC that is making all these things worse.

The coaches set up him to fail. I can't understand the play calling. It was mind boggling stupid.

Yep. No doubt. Totally mind boggling.

But its the same thing every week....I'm so sick of yelling at the TV because of B. Schott. Its been going on for 4 years.

Is Florham Park Southern Cali? Is he not getting any bad weather simulations during practice?

I'm not ready to say he will be alright because everything those of us warry of him were worried about is surfacing right before our very eyes...

Inexperienced

Never faced adversity

No real competition

Never played from behind - only time he did, he lost

Played in perfect weather

Does he have the arm to throw in the Meadowlands

Left after his Jr. year

You name it, its all surfacing and its not good and it doesnt help we have an absolute moron for an OC that is making all these things worse.

Yep. No doubt. Totally mind boggling.

But its the same thing every week....I'm so sick of yelling at the TV because of B. Schott. Its been going on for 4 years.

Schotty is a genius!!! Don't you see all the motion he uses? And how "complicated" his system is? By golly he's practically a Rhodes scholar of offensive football knowledge! Did you know he coached Drew Brees in SD before he left for NO where he EXPLODED?! It was cause of Shotty!!

:Killmesmiley:

Well 5 INT's are a little misleading, a couple were deflections due to passes that sailed in the wind, it's obvious with him never having played in swirling windy conditions like that that he would have trouble knowing how the ball would react when he heaved it deep, thats something you learn as you go, it's going to take him time to get a feel for the conditions of the field. Also he only had Braylon and Keller to work with (Mostly because Schotty refused to draw up anything different). After Int 2 or 3 sailing in the wind there is no reason to keep doing deep passes because it obviously wasn't working the way Sanchez wanted to. The adjustment should have been to a pure west coast offence, high % throws over the middle to Keller and over to the sidelines to Braylon, keep it out of the air as much as you can and run on a team that was being doiminated by our o-line. The D played solid but unspetacular, Ellis is doing nothing in this system and Douglas is a huge mistake by Rex, that's why the 4 man Rushes are not working and all out Blitzes always on 3rd down are good but teams are figuring it out and doing dump offs and the secondary isn't doing their job. Rhodes looks average at best right now and Leonhard is the only guy that can make a tackle and wrap a guy up and he's the smallest one. Everything on this team is telegraphed and predictable right now, at the start of the season it was new and fresh but this far into the season everyone has had time to study what the team has been doing and to borrow a line from a movie. The Jets have been weighed and measured and they have been found wanting.

Schotty is a genius!!! Don't you see all the motion he uses? And how "complicated" his system is? By golly he's practically a Rhodes scholar of offensive football knowledge! Did you know he coached Drew Brees in SD before he left for NO where he EXPLODED?! It was cause of Shotty!!

:Killmesmiley:

I love Rhodes Scholars.

Pennington(1).jpg

Yep, it was Schottenheimer that put him in a can't win situation. I mean he's the one jumping offside all the ****ing time. Maybe this team needs some of that old fashioned Mangini discipline.

Oh gawd dont go there.

As I said, you cant put this all on Schotty, he might have been calling for passes down f...but he wasnt the one pulling the trigger when nobody was open in double coverage.

Sanchez played horrible, but you cant argue that Schotty did anything to help him.

It just doesnt equate...we were running the ball down their throats...and he kept putting him in no win situation with only one guy that could get open and Sanchez was staring him down like he didnt have other options.

Well 5 INT's are a little misleading, a couple were deflections due to passes that sailed in the wind.

One was tipped. The rest were gawd awful passes where you watch it and say "what was he thinking"....

One was tipped. The rest were gawd awful passes where you watch it and say "what was he thinking"....

Yeah your right, just the one was tipped, the second one i was thinking of wasn't tipped but the one where if Braylon hadn't mistimed his jump he'd have gotten the ball, but all the deep passes were terrible all the more reason to stop doing them early.

Yeah your right, just the one was tipped, the second one i was thinking of wasn't tipped but the one where if Braylon hadn't mistimed his jump he'd have gotten the ball, but all the deep passes were terrible all the more reason to stop doing them early.

I don't think Braylon was getting that ball, I don't care what Dan Fouts said. Braylon was boxing out the CB. The S came under and took it from in front of him.

It just doesnt equate...we were running the ball down their throats...and he kept putting him in no win situation with only one guy that could get open and Sanchez was staring him down like he didnt have other options.

Schottenheimer put him in a no win situation by committing stupid penalties that require the team to go more than 10 yards for a first down so they can't run? Did he injure Cotchery and Smith so that there were no other options? Clowney is either hurt or just flat out sucks. Possibly both. Sanchez sucked. Period. The coaching staff has been changing his diapers every week. I don't like to hear all this crying because he had to do something and couldn't. Let him put his big boy pull-ups on and throw a ****ing completion.

Archived