Jetnation's Week 6 Report Card

lawngnome o-line

Week 6 Report Card

Bills 16 Jets 13

Brian Clark (lawngnome o-line)

Quarterback: F

Mark Sanchez: 10/29 119 yards 5 INTs 8.3 QB rating

There is no way to describe how poorly he played. He couldn’t throw a ball on target, poor decision making, bad. Just bad. I'm not going to say bring in Clemens, but there is now a leash what he needs to be on.

Running Back/Full Back: A+

Thomas Jones: 22 rushes 210 yards 1 TD

Leon Washington: 15 rushes 99 yards 3 receptions 46 yards

Considering how well this group did, I can’t understand how you even attempt a pass. Jones breaks the Jets rushing record. Even Leon had a great game as well. Can’t fault this group at all for the performance.

Wide Receiver/Tight End: D

Dustin Keller: 2 rec 16 yards

Braylon Edwards: 3 rec 40 yards

Edwards making a few circus catches saved this group from getting a F. Keller has no chemistry with Sanchez which is hilarious considering how they worked well early. We really hurt without Smith and Cotchery in there.

Offensive Line: A-

Real strong day in the run game, which is great. We haven’t seen something like this all year. They weren’t amazing in pass protection, but did enough to give Sanchez enough time (to throw INT’s)

Defensive Line: B-

Considering we kept the running backs to relative ineffective games, its not too bad. On the other side of the coin, where are the sacks. Seriously, this is pathetic. Pouha stepped up in Jenkins absence and has proven to be a serviceable NFL player.

Linebackers: B+

David Harris had a great game again. Although he missed a good amount of time, he got in there on a lot of running plays and had 17 tackles and shared a sack. Pace looked confused still, and this group did a decent job in run protection.

Secondary: B+

Rhodes had another solid game. In addition, Lowery’s read at the end of the game should have been a turnaround for this game. After a few initial penalties, Revis shut down Owens. Sheppard did not have a good game against Evans and on his TD catch straight up failed to defend the slant.

Special Teams: B-

Some good…some bad. Feely missed at the end of the half. Weatherford couldn’t catch the snap in OT. I understand why he tried to throw it, but he should get that snap down. Smart heads up play on the punt recovery earlier in the game got the Jets good field position.

Coaching: F

Lots of questions here. Why challenge for a 6 yard gain? Why continue to keep Sanchez throwing when you have RB’s breaking records? I think that that Rex Ryan is starting to look a lot like Herm, which is not a good thing to be saying. He’s a lot of heart, but not a lot of head. It’s very hard to game plan and manage the clock when you ignore two-thirds of the team (offense and special teams). Just poor.

Players of the Game: Thomas Jones, David Harris

Coaching, the QB and special ed teams screwed the pooch.

There was no need to get pass happy. That the defense got the game to OT with 6 turnovers is almost impossible to do, especially when you add almsot 300 yards rushing. This has to be the damndest stat sheet ever.

On specials the penalties, Leonard's lousy job on punts, the missed FG and the messed up one in OT. It was horrendous. I don't care what the guy said or did on the OT kickoff you cannot allow your emotions to let loose and cost your team 15 yards of field position.

Probably my shottiest work...just wanted to get it over with and leave it behind

:rl:

Shottiest work is that a shot at our O\C?

Trust me I wanted to update the front page but was dreading writing anything. I saw your report card and called it a day. No need to dwell on the suck we saw today.

Agree with everything except:

DL = They deserve nothing more than a C-. QB pressure was spotty at best against a patchwork OL.

ST = They get a D only because Parrish was scratched, otherwise they would have joined Ryan and Sanchez. Small favors, people.

Archived