The We Are Who We Thought We Were/It's All JiF's fault thread.

Klecko73isGod

We're still a team with a rookie Head Coach and rookie quarterback and both made rookie mistakes today. Oh and Schotty's got to go. His playcalling was brutal today. How about acclimating the kid to playing in bad weather by having him throw short outs and quick posts instead of 30-yard outs and 20-yard crossing patterns in high wind.

Whenever JiF picks the Jets to win the predict the score thread, we lose. Whenever JiF surfs on gameday, we lose.

Mother****er did both today and it was a 4 o'clock game which we apparently can't win anymore.

i said from the beginning that my expectations for this season were to hopefully see this:

our defense to become very good by the end of the year

our rookie qb to take his lumps and show flashes that he is really a potential franchise qb

overall a record around 6-10 to 8-8......i woudl have thought less but i was figuring our defense would win us some games.

so far i'd say this is going ok. i'm concerned about our pass rush....and the fact that sanchez really struggles in cold/inclement weather so far. but hopefully these things improve. this realistically wasn't going to be our year...but the 3-0 start got too many people too high.

i said from the beginning that my expectations for this season were to hopefully see this:

our defense to become very good by the end of the year

our rookie qb to take his lumps and show flashes that he is really a potential franchise qb

overall a record around 6-10 to 8-8......i woudl have thought less but i was figuring our defense would win us some games.

so far i'd say this is going ok. i'm concerned about our pass rush....and the fact that sanchez really struggles in cold/inclement weather so far. but hopefully these things improve. this realistically wasn't going to be our year...but the 3-0 start got too many people too high.

Exactly. And when you consider that no matter how bad the defense was against Miami and how bad Sanchez was yesterday, this team is still only one defensive stop and on ticky-tack holding call away from being 5-1 we're in pretty good shape.

Sanchez needs to improve dramatically next week. Getting Cotch back and Keller playing like he has balls should help.

A win in Oakland on a good QB performance can go a long way toward getting the kid moving back in the right direction.

Also, JiF not surfing next Sunday would be a big boost to our chances as well.

It's my fault. This loss had nothing to do with Sanchez throwing 5 INT's and having the worst OC in the league.

I picked us to win...big. And I surfed all morning before the 4pm game.

I'm sorry to you all. But surfing treats me much better than the NY Jets and since we are already going to lose to Oakland this weekend...I'm surfing Sunday...even if the waves suck.

FTW!!!

Exactly. And when you consider that no matter how bad the defense was against Miami and how bad Sanchez was yesterday, this team is still only one defensive stop and on ticky-tack holding call away from being 5-1 we're in pretty good shape.

Sanchez needs to improve dramatically next week. Getting Cotch back and Keller playing like he has balls should help.

A win in Oakland on a good QB performance can go a long way toward getting the kid moving back in the right direction.

Also, JiF not surfing next Sunday would be a big boost to our chances as well.

what ticky tack hold

Hartsock grabbed the guy...he should be shot 2day

what ticky tack hold

Hartsock grabbed the guy...he should be shot 2day

Point is, there were much more blatant holds that weren't called yesterday. This officiating crew was terrible in that nothing they called yesterday was consistent. And it wasn't just bad calls against the Jets, there bad calls and non-calls both ways in that game yesterday. The officiating was G-d awful in that game.

Point is, when you allow a RT to bear hug a LB one play and don't throw the flag, you can't be throwing one on Hartsock on the next play. Especially when Hartsock's hold had less of an impact on the play than the one on the previous play.

It's my fault. This loss had nothing to do with Sanchez throwing 5 INT's and having the worst OC in the league.

I'm sorry to you all. But surfing treats me much better than the NY Jets and since we are already going to lose to Oakland this weekend...I'm surfing Sunday...even if the waves suck.

FTW!!!

I just got a new sig.

Point is, there were much more blatant holds that weren't called yesterday. This officiating crew was terrible in that nothing they called yesterday was consistent. And it wasn't just bad calls against the Jets, there bad calls and non-calls both ways in that game yesterday. The officiating was G-d awful in that game.

Point is, when you allow a RT to bear hug a LB one play and don't throw the flag, you can't be throwing one on Hartsock on the next play. Especially when Hartsock's hold had less of an impact on the play than the one on the previous play.

The worst part about the call was that it was the "tuck rule" ref making the call 15 yards on the other side of the field in back of the LOS. He had no business making that call.

Calls like that are ignored all game long, but you decide to call it when the game in on the line??? Terrible.

You guys have got to be ****ing kidding me complaining about that Hartsock call. The replay basically showed the exact vantage point of the official throwing the flag and it was not only blatant, but it was the hold that kept the hole from closing. It's not like it was away from the ball and insignificant to the outcome of the play.

If that call is the difference between the Jets winning and losing, then they deserved to lose.

I agree with this 100%

Not only that but the timing of the call. After letting a lot go on the OL all game, to make the call in OT when the game winning FG is about to be kicked.

Very weak

FTW!!!

Where are you surfing in Jax? The only places that I know of that have good waves are New Smyrna Beach and Sebastian Inlet

Where are you surfing in Jax? The only places that I know of that have good waves are New Smyrna Beach and Sebastian Inlet

New Smyrna IMO is the best and I will often drive to the inlet. I grew up surfing that spot. We moved to the east side of Orlando from Long Island when I was 10. Symrna was the closest spot. Sebastian used to be the best, but once they changed that jetty, its never been the same.

N. Florida in general offers a ton of breaks. Especially on Northeasters like the one we just had. Probably the best spot in Florida for NE's swell is Mayport poles. Its basically the inlet where the Mayport Naval Base is located. It has 2 huge jetties on each side of the Inter coastal. South side is Mayport which blocks the NE wind and picks up NE swell seriously awesome, best in the state. Huguenot on the North side gets pretty epic as well for South Swell. You have to take a fairy. And then just north of that is Little Talbot Island, that places goes off, its a little dumpy low tide barrel. Super fun on storm swell especially. And in between that those is the scholes that breaks way out in the River mouth. It needs big swell. And even further North to Ferndina and Emelia...they get good surf.

But you can always hit the pier which I'm a couple blocks from, but my back yard has a good high tide sand bar as well. St. Augie has a couple of spots. Lots of choice all with in a 40 mile radius here in N. FL.

Here's a link to all the spots that I'm talking about from the Canes this year...

http://www.surfjaxpier.com/blog/hurricane-bill-surf-photos/#

theres a bunch of different spots. The first couple are from the pier. Then the helicopter shots is Huguenot, I'm in that line up somewhere. After the hotties, those pics are Little Talbot. And the last couple of shots of Seth Tillakos, they are at Mayport poles.

It was pretty fun Sunday...

http://ghive.com/ThePoles/blog/10697

IMO N. FL is the best spot to live if you surf in FL because it catches all swells. Melbourne probably has the most high performance waves in a close region, but they dont have the options for swell direction like we do.

I probably should have PM'ed that...but you asked.

New Smyrna IMO is the best and I will often drive to the inlet. I grew up surfing that spot. We moved to the east side of Orlando from Long Island when I was 10. Symrna was the closest spot. Sebastian used to be the best, but once they changed that jetty, its never been the same.

N. Florida in general offers a ton of breaks. Especially on Northeasters like the one we just had. Probably the best spot in Florida for NE's swell is Mayport poles. Its basically the inlet where the Mayport Naval Base is located. It has 2 huge jetties on each side of the Inter coastal. South side is Mayport which blocks the NE wind and picks up NE swell seriously awesome, best in the state. Huguenot on the North side gets pretty epic as well for South Swell. You have to take a fairy. And then just north of that is Little Talbot Island, that places goes off, its a little dumpy low tide barrel. Super fun on storm swell especially. And in between that those is the scholes that breaks way out in the River mouth. It needs big swell. And even further North to Ferndina and Emelia...they get good surf.

But you can always hit the pier which I'm a couple blocks from, but my back yard has a good high tide sand bar as well. St. Augie has a couple of spots. Lots of choice all with in a 40 mile radius here in N. FL.

Here's a link to all the spots that I'm talking about from the Canes this year...

http://www.surfjaxpier.com/blog/hurricane-bill-surf-photos/#

theres a bunch of different spots. The first couple are from the pier. Then the helicopter shots is Huguenot, I'm in that line up somewhere. After the hotties, those pics are Little Talbot. And the last couple of shots of Seth Tillakos, they are at Mayport poles.

It was pretty fun Sunday...

http://ghive.com/ThePoles/blog/10697

IMO N. FL is the best spot to live if you surf in FL because it catches all swells. Melbourne probably has the most high performance waves in a close region, but they dont have the options for swell direction like we do.

I probably should have PM'ed that...but you asked.

That's cool, I didn't know that there was that many spots to surf down here.

The worst part about the call was that it was the "tuck rule" ref making the call 15 yards on the other side of the field in back of the LOS. He had no business making that call.

Calls like that are ignored all game long, but you decide to call it when the game in on the line??? Terrible.

Why are hold 10 yards?

I'm guessing just cause they aren't frequently caught so they go with the big penalty/deterrent effect..

Archived