JENKINS MAY BE DONE FOR SEASON

InstantClassic

People can walk, regardless of their weight, after some knee injuries. Tiger Woods, granted 1/2 Jenkins size, walked 72 holes in the US Open without an attached ACL and 2 stress fractures.

jenkins is a good player, but he hasn't stuffed the run the last 2 weeks.

What we need to get back to is BLITZING. Against NE, we blitzed like crazy. Against Houston, same thing. Both games we hit the QB over and over again. Then Sheppard and Strickland got hurt and we stopped.

Lido played yesterday and got toasted by evans on slant

Lowery is just as good

maybe all the hate for him will go away

Yep. I got a good feeling if he's out for the season, he's done for his career.

Sucks, probably the best trade we ever made and I absolutely love the guy and the player.

First thing I thought once I heard that it was possibly season ending. Just kind of kicks ya in the balls while we're already down.

Not when they're 370 pounds. If this is true, our season is over. I don't care what anyone says. We might as well play for a better draft pick to replace one of our horrible defensive ends which can't get pressure for SH1T!

I find it funny that when Gholston as OLB couldn't get to the QB everyone says it was because he was eating up blockers. Which he's not supposed to do.

Now our DEs who actually are there to eat up blockers in the 3-4 don't get to the QB and everybody is all over them.

I find it funny that when Gholston as OLB couldn't get to the QB everyone says it was because he was eating up blockers. Which he's not supposed to do.

Now our DEs who actually are there to eat up blockers in the 3-4 don't get to the QB and everybody is all over them.

That is funny actually.

linping all the way to the locker room? What the hell happned to the golf cart? Am I missing something? Hobbling all that distance probably was not the best thing for an injured knee..

I am not a doctor. But, how f-ing stupid was that?

I find it funny that you dont know what you're watching. Gholston hasnt lined up as a 3-4 OLB in weeks. He's been primarily used at DE and yesterday he was lining up at DT.

linping all the way to the locker room? What the hell happned to the golf cart? Am I missing something? Hobbling all that distance probably was not the best thing for an injured knee..

I am not a doctor. But, how f-ing stupid was that?

He was on the cart. He got off it. Sometimes people prefer to walk. It keeps you from getting stiff and it is a point of pride.

I don't think the D looked any worse once it went down. I was surprised.

That's because the problem is Ellis and Douglas. I don't think either of them has anything left. Pouha and DeVito have actually played well but now we need to use them to replace Jenkins at a loss instead of one of the ends at a possible upgrade.

Can you people seriously please stop with this? This idea that we play a 3-4 and that in the 3-4 it's the linemen's job and not the linebackers' to occupy blockers is a gross oversimplification for general explanatory purposes. It has to be because it was framed so that laymen can understand it. It's not a hard and fast rule and it doesn't tell you what any given defender is supposed to be doing on a particular play. Even the 'position' a player plays is really just a loose description of his general responsibilities within the scheme.

Can you people seriously please stop with this? This idea that we play a 3-4 and that in the 3-4 it's the linemen's job and not the linebackers' to occupy blockers is a gross oversimplification for general explanatory purposes. It has to be because it was framed so that laymen can understand it. It's not a hard and fast rule and it doesn't tell you what any given defender is supposed to be doing on a particular play. Even the 'position' a player plays is really just a loose description of his general responsibilities within the scheme.

Stop using logic...it doesnt work in this debate.

Instead, just point to the fact that he isnt even used as an OLB....lol. He hasnt played that position in weeks. He has been primarily used as a DE in 4-3 fronts, and last night he was playing DT.

You do understand that when a guy lines up across from center in a 3-point stance he is not playing OLB, right?

You do understand that when a guy lines up across from center in a 3-point stance he is not playing OLB, right?

he lined up over the center on 1 play.

He was used primarily as a olb the first 3 games. The Jets saw he has nothing, now he is just used as a fresh body anywhere for depth.

That's the problem with Jenkins.. All the talent in the world is useless when you are always hurt..

This season is turning into a nightmare

Hey, perhaps this opens up the chance to get Wilfork in the offseason. :D

Archived