Bills award Game Ball to Brian Schottenheimer

SouthernJet

WTF is this neanderthal thinking?

We have a 2 score lead, we are running the bal lat ease, its already evident that Sanchez is having major difficulty throwing with wind conditions..sooooooooooo,

what does this Braniac do????

He keeps calling pass plays that need are down field.

Why?????????????????????????

Dont tell me Sanchez should have made throws, thast a discussion for another day. After it was f'in evident he wasnt able to throw downfield , why the hell keep calling these plays..

I could see if our running ga,me wasnt working, but IT WAS!!!!!!!!!!

Wit ha 2 score lead and our defense, all we needed to do was continue to run and throw high % dump offs behind line of scrimmage . Then what happens?? Either we kill clock and widen lead, or we kill clock and PUNT and put Bills in bad field position that our D has better chance of stopping. But we decide to ignore the obvious and keep throwing mid range passes that Sanchez couldnt handle in wind and giving Bills good field position..

Sanchez and wind is another discussion for another thread..This is a thread about Schott ignoring thej EASY path to victory today and not abandoning the thought of throwing when it wasnt working or more important wasnt needed today..

WTF is this neanderthal thinking?

We have a 2 score lead, we are running the bal lat ease, its already evident that Sanchez is having major difficulty throwing with wind conditions..sooooooooooo,

what does this Braniac do????

He keeps calling pass plays that need are down field.

Why?????????????????????????

Dont tell me Sanchez should have made throws, thast a discussion for another day. After it was f'in evident he wasnt able to throw downfield , why the hell keep calling these plays..

I could see if our running ga,me wasnt working, but IT WAS!!!!!!!!!!

Wit ha 2 score lead and our defense, all we needed to do was continue to run and throw high % dump offs behind line of scrimmage . Then what happens?? Either we kill clock and widen lead, or we kill clock and PUNT and put Bills in bad field position that our D has better chance of stopping. But we decide to ignore the obvious and keep throwing mid range passes that Sanchez couldnt handle in wind and giving Bills good field position..

Sanchez and wind is another discussion for another thread..This is a thread about Schott ignoring thej EASY path to victory today and not abandoning the thought of throwing when it wasnt working or more important wasnt needed today..

Ditto....I lost my voice screaming "RUN THE DAM BALL"

Leon could have had 200yds rushing as well...

He has some kind of weird need to be flashy with everything. Whether it's a deep pass when it doesn't make sense, a fake reverse in the middle of the endzone, or a FB run, etc. he just doesn't know how to properly use the pieces he has. I thought Richardson was supposed to be one of the premier blocking FB's in the league, why so many single back runs when we're having success out of the I? I thought we were supposed to be a grind-it-out team that was a perfect situation for a rookie QB to come into. We don't need a 30 yard pass play every drive, ffs.

I have more issue with the pass plays called and the terrible QB play this time. If Sanchez can't do better than this, he's a bust, plain and simple. That's the point of starting him and throwing the ball, that he learn and you figure out what he has. At some point Sanchez has to show SOMETHING. Otherwise, draft a QB again next year.

To me it looks like the Jets got yet another noodle arm that can't play in the NE.

i agree schottenheimer sucks.....but sanchez was just awful today. i know he's a rookie who's never played in bad weather.......but his ability to play in the inclement weather might become a concern pretty quickly.

Yes , which is why you run the ball. We had a 13-3 half time lead with TJ running the ball. :puke:

I have more issue with the pass plays called and the terrible QB play this time. If Sanchez can't do better than this, he's a bust, plain and simple. That's the point of starting him and throwing the ball, that he learn and you figure out what he has. At some point Sanchez has to show SOMETHING. Otherwise, draft a QB again next year.

To me it looks like the Jets got yet another noodle arm that can't play in the NE.

ya gotta give the kid 2 seasons. he has had some good games and some stinkers. i don't know why you guys didn't expect that. i mean this is a pretty bad one......uinfortunately he hasn't played much, if at all, in this kind of weather. gotta give him a chance to sort it out.

:roll: Relax Sarah , Christ he's still a rookie. Matt Ryan was a rarity.

ya gotta give the kid 2 seasons. he has had some good games and some stinkers. i don't know why you guys didn't expect that. i mean this is a pretty bad one......uinfortunately he hasn't played much, if at all, in this kind of weather. gotta give him a chance to sort it out.

I'd actually give him at least 3, but I have to see SOMETHING. Show me flashes. Seeing some improvement, or not making the same mistakes twice, that's also something I want to see. Instead, I see this guy regressing, and just making more and more mistakes. That's a terrible sign.

AGREED !! The way the idiots here get on and off bandwagons amazes me. 1st Sanchez is headed to Canton, now he's a total bust. :roll:

I'd actually give him at least 3, but I have to see SOMETHING. Show me flashes. Seeing some improvement, or not making the same mistakes twice, that's also something I want to see. Instead, I see this guy regressing, and just making more and more mistakes. That's a terrible sign.

To be fair he wasn't bad against Miami after the horrible New Orleans showing.

Today was awful but I expect him to bounce back in California next Sunday. To say he should feel a little better in those conditions is an understatement.

He also seriously misses Cotchery, he's his #1 guy.

off topic IMHO,,OK he has issues in wind,,I get it,,BUT QUIT CALLINPLAYS into wind TODAY..worry about sanchez another day,,we win if schott doesnt call pass plays today

Today was awful but I expect him to bounce back in California next Sunday. To say he should feel a little better in those conditions is an understatement.

Again, Cotchery sitting is Ryan's fault. No way Cotchery sits for a simple hammy under any other coach besides Rex or Hermy boy.

That's true, although that was in Miami and the excuse there was that it was a road game. He threw for what, 170 yards? How many games is it now with under 200 yards passing? 5? I think the only time he threw over 200 was in week 1, that is bad especially for how many pass attempts he does get, and how teams play the run so much.

I'm also obviously critical of the stupid OC. Has anybody watched the Vikes play this year? Funny how much more comfortable Favre looks than he did all last year. Schotty has NO IDEA how to get a QB comfortable and in rhythm, and give his QB a chance to win. You guys want to hand Schotty a HC job and an offensive COTY award every time the Jets score a few TDs. Give me a break, this guy is not good. The Jets win in spite of him when they win.

Where are the screen plays? Where were the quick outs this week? Schott is so stupid, he can only pick 3 things a week and then just rotate them. He can't use an entire playbook and mix things up.

Do you know what I'd call for next week? I'd spend the entire week harping on how I need to protect the QB more, establish the run game, etc. Then I'd open the game up with 10 straight scripted passing plays that I'd spend the entire week practicing. Then I'd continue passing about 75% of the time for the first half. Then in the second half I'd just run it.

Do you know what will happen instead next week? They will start running probably the first 10 plays. Most likely though, it'll be a 3 and out, then 2 runs, then a pass incomplete for another 3 and out, then maybe run, pass, pass for another 3 and out. Schott has zero idea what to do.

I knew y'all couldnt stay on THREAD topic..Its like a ADD convention in here..

Knowing Sanchez may have wind issues, this thread is about why Schott ignored the fact w ewin if we just keep running today and kept calling mid range pass plays that Sanchez was having issues with. He kept goingt to well. It would have been different if our running game wasnt working, but today IT WAS..

I get that Sanchez threw 5 picks, but Schott had ZERO need to keep callin those pass plays today with a 2 score lead and a running game that was working.

Archived