Only In New York

Jbro22

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have 2 observations to make on this:

1-It seems alot of fans expected Sanchez to have a really solid season as a rookie. It seems that alot of fans are genuinely shocked that he has played so poorly in 2 of 6 games. Let's think about that for a second. You are genuinely shocked that a rookie QB that came out of college early, having only played in 16 college games, in nice weather, had a couple awful games in his first 6 as an NFL starter? Really? I think some people need to really re-evaluate their expectations of a rookie QB in the NFL. Matt Ryan is the exception, not the norm. Peyton Manning set the friggin INT record his rookie season. Sanchez is going to look bad at times. He's going to look terrible at times. He's even going to look like he has no business in an NFL uniform at times. He is absolutely going to cost us games at times as he already has. But he's also going to flash at times where we see what he can become, and he has already. Fans need to be patient. If you wanted to win this year, you should have been on the Clemens bus in preseason because even though he isn't very good, he could manage the game better than Sanchez.

2-I don't know why people think the loss of Jenkins means the end of our season now. Ryan has stated he will use formations that play to the player's strengths. Yes, Jenkins is ferocious, but if losing him means our D just tanks it then really how is Ryan any better than Mangini? I have faith Ryan will know what to do to keep this D playing well.

Excellent post. :)

Archived