Real Fan Check In

The Gun Of Bavaria

Maybe I should have mentioned run on sentences as they are really annoying when you are trying to read a post from the best Jets fan of all time when he is talking about how he doesnt have season tickets and the people who have season tickets are not jets fans.

c'mon... do it! You know you want to! Call him an uppity b!tch!!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe I should have mentioned run on sentences as they are really annoying when you are trying to read a post from the best Jets fan of all time when he is talking about how he doesnt have season tickets and the people who have season tickets are not jets fans.

#1. Thats not what I said.

#2. This is a run on sentence.

• 1 year later...

Pfffft .... I'm a Cub fan too .... this is barely a blip on the radar.

You, my friend, occupy a very rare subset in the Venn diagram of suckdom.Pity that.

I'm not a real fan. Cursing loudly at the TV, flying to road games, sitting in the rain and cold, paying top dollar for tickets, regretting infecting my offspring with this awfulness- no, none of these things make me a Real Fan.

But because I think 42 years of shatting the bed and screwing the pooch every December and January blows, I am not a real fan. If I accepted The Suck happily and embraced mediocrity as okay, I would then be a Real Fan.

I love this team no matter what for the last 20 years. However, I do know how hard these situations are. I usually get away for a day or two to regain my rationality, by Wednesday I am usually so pumped for the game I cannot wait. They will always get my cheers at the end of the day.

I was ready to pack it in with this team after they signed on for Giants Stadium II and moved their training camp facility off of Long Island after 40 something years here. These last two miserable, embarrassing losses have made me wish I had followed thru back then.

I remember as a kid I had a friend who's family was from Pennsylvania. They were big Steelers fans. He begged me to switch as all the kids at school were either Jets or Giants fans. I denied and stayed with the Jets. He sent me an e-mail as we stay in touch and wished me luck this weekend. He said I know your still a Jets fan and wish for your sake you would have listened to me. Enjoy the game.

I remember as a kid I had a friend who's family was from Pennsylvania. They were big Steelers fans. He begged me to switch as all the kids at school were either Jets or Giants fans. I denied and stayed with the Jets. He sent me an e-mail as we stay in touch and wished me luck this weekend. He said I know your still a Jets fan and wish for your sake you would have listened to me. Enjoy the game.

cool_story_bro2.jpg

There Seems To Be A Great Debate As To Who Is A "Real Fan". In order to clarify this and prevent any misunderstandings as to who may or may not be a "Real Fan", please sign the "Real Fan of The Jets" Check-In sheet below. Thank you.

Jets Real Fan Check-In

1. G.O.B.

Yeap Jet Fan then, now and the future.

I love being crushed by the teams I root for as evidence of being a Jets, Mets, and Knicks fan. I stick with them through all the horrible times and the good times(that come once in a great while). And to be honest with you I may complain about the Jets, but I am honestly just out right discouraged with the Mets and the direction they are heading.

I have been suffering with this team for over 3 decades. I just tell people that all the suffering will make winning the SB that much better. I must be bats a$$ crazy as I still think that this year is the year.

I dunno... It will be very strange and uncomfortable. I think i've been institutionalized..

Archived