Richard Seymour: "The Raiders will be in the playoffs in 2009."

:rl: :rl: :rl: :rl: :rl:

Seymour sees playoffs for Raiders in 2009

Posted by Mike Florio on October 21, 2009 2:23 PM ET

This week's episode of Two Deep Zone on 1530 Homer with former NFL players Artrell Hawkins and Charles Fisher included not only some eye-opening remarks from Seahawks receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh, but also a jaw-dropping prediction from Raiders defensive lineman Richard Seymour.

Seymour says that the Raiders are going to the playoffs.

"You can mark it down," Seymour said. "The Raiders will be in the playoffs in 2009."

(Upon hearing the prediction, the NFL asked Seymour to submit to reasonable-cause drug testing.)

It's really not a completely ridiculous suggestion. At 2-4, the Raiders are only a game behind the logjam of teams jockeying for the No. 6 seed. Currently, the Ravens, Jets, Jaguars, and Texans are 3-3. The Dolphins and Chargers are 2-3.

Who's quitting?

Come on, are you serious? Everyone wants Rex fired, everyone wants Sanchez benched. What kinda **** is that? Go read the threads after the game. It was pathetic. We have a rookie starting and people can't understand that.

Come on, are you serious? Everyone wants Rex fired, everyone wants Sanchez benched. What kinda **** is that? Go read the threads after the game. It was pathetic. We have a rookie starting and people can't understand that.

Everyone?

It's like 3 people that want anything that drastic.

Most are upset, and rightfully so.

You're being awful critical of Jets Fans.

I'm just saying, a Jets Fan Fan shouldn't act like that.

:rl: The kids being a realist. Never saw people jump on and off a ship faster than Jets fans. The older posters here seem to be less likely to jump off because we have a lot more experience in this area. The 09 edition of the Jets is somewhere between the 3-0 start and the recent 0-3 skid.

Who is everyone? A couple of morons over reacting after the game?

Rex shouldn't be fired after 6 games, everyone except one poster on this board thinks this way. Mark Sanchez should not be benched either, it was only a question if he should be benched during that particular game and guess what, Sexy Rexy even thought about pulling said trigger.

What is so awesome about this team that we should be confident for the remainder of the 2009 season?

Is it our 3 game losing streak, the fact Sanchez is on the same level as JaMarcus Russell the last 3 weeks, or is it the fact we lost the player, our best player, that the 34 Defense rotates around? Which one of those facts should be getting me pumped up for the last 10 games?

YEAH I'M FEELING IT!!! 7-3 OR 8-2 FINISH FOR SURE!!!

Everyone?

It's like 3 people that want anything that drastic.

Most are upset, and rightfully so.

Exactly. These "The Real Jets Fan Malitia" are taking this overboard...obviously...but its more than that...they actually think that being an optimist is going to help your team win. And if you not, then you're the reason the Jets are a loser franchise.

I embrace are sh!tearo. Its what makes us great fans. We suck. Have for a really long time and we still have a ton of die hard fans, like 95% of this board.

Thats what these guys dont get. Do we wish it were different, absolutely. But to say were not fans because we have negative feelings toward the team its just stupid.

:rl: The kids being a realist. Never saw people jump on and off a ship faster than Jets fans. The older posters here seem to be less likely to jump off because we have a lot more experience in this area. The 09 edition of the Jets is somewhere between the 3-0 start and the recent 0-3 skid.

This is true about Jets fans. Been saying every since I started posting on message boards. Jumping on and off the ship, whether its players, coaches, FO or the team, is what Jets fans do. One minute your a Saint, next your the Devil.

Never figured it out. But since I saw my first game in Shea Stadium, I know better. And I still got fooled this season when deep down inside...I knew better.

Who is everyone? A couple of morons over reacting after the game?

Rex shouldn't be fired after 6 games, everyone except one poster on this board thinks this way. Mark Sanchez should not be benched either, it was only a question if he should be benched during that particular game and guess what, Sexy Rexy even thought about pulling said trigger.

What is so awesome about this team that we should be confident for the remainder of the 2009 season?

Is it our 3 game losing streak, the fact Sanchez is on the same level as JaMarcus Russell the last 3 weeks, or is it the fact we lost the player, our best player, that the 34 Defense rotates around? Which one of those facts should be getting me pumped up for the last 10 games?

YEAH I'M FEELING IT!!! 7-3 OR 8-2 FINISH FOR SURE!!!

Come on, there is definitely more than 1 person. ;)

Let me ask you this.. What was so "Awesome" about the 2008 Miami Dolphins besides the wild-cat? NOTHING. The play did not get them into the playoffs, that play did not win them the AFC East. They had to play some type of defense in order to win.

WTF is so different between us and them? They had confidence and faith. It hurts me saying that, but it's true. I believe. We win the next two games we'll back on track and all we would need to focus on would be New England.

I personally see Miami losing the next two games (Saints, Jets).

You know what else, I'm glad I'm only 19 years old. I honestly am. JiF, you seem like your an older guy with all due respect, I don't know how you could honestly be a Jets fan for such a long time. Same with you, Pete.

I will never stop being a fan, but it honestly hurts being a Jets fan sometimes. You think you have a lead or a good record, and BAM! Boy does **** change.

Come on, there is definitely more than 1 person. ;)

Let me ask you this.. What was so "Awesome" about the 2008 Miami Dolphins besides the wild-cat? NOTHING. The play did not get them into the playoffs, that play did not win them the AFC East. They had to play some type of defense in order to win.

WTF is so different between us and them? They had confidence and faith. It hurts me saying that, but it's true. I believe. We win the next two games we'll back on track and all we would need to focus on would be New England.

I personally see Miami losing the next two games (Saints, Jets).

What is so different?

What injuries did Miami have? Did they lose their BEST PLAYER? No.

Did they have a rookie Quarterback? No.

Did they have an easier schedule than we had? Yes.

Is Tom Brady missing the season this year? No.

You know what else, I'm glad I'm only 19 years old. I honestly am. JiF, you seem like your an older guy with all due respect, I don't know how you could honestly be a Jets fan for such a long time. Same with you, Pete.

I will never stop being a fan, but it honestly hurts being a Jets fan sometimes. You think you have a lead or a good record, and BAM! Boy does **** change.

I'm not an old guy, I'm only 30. But I've been rooting for this team since conception and not by choice...lol.

This team will take years of your life. But I love them. This might sound super cheesy, but I get a warm feeling when I see the Green and White. It reminds me of when we did stuff as a family. My father would take two of his 3 sons, depending no who behaved the best that week, to the games Sunday because we could only afford 2 season tickets way back in the Shea days. We grew up on Long Island and one of my fathers best friends was a player personnel director and we used to get on the field at Hofstra. I cherish those moments and I dont know that I'll ever be in a position to do those things again with my family...if I ever have one...lol...but they are fond memories.

And to me its it means something that we are all still die hard fans. Win or lose. We laugh at it now. Its become a joke. But you know what, I'll never stop rooting for this team. Even if we are 1-14, I will be watching the final game of the season cheering for greatness on every single snap, knowing in the back of my mind, its probably not going to have a great outcome.

Embrace it. We all have our reasons for loving this team. And to me, its actually more than just winning, even though it would really ****ing awesome if we were and I'll keep watching until we are...I mean, its gotta happen some day...right? And wont it just be that much sweeter?

when I was your age, it took me 4 days to get over a loss like the bills game. now I just laugh.

I began watching in 1981, and I've just gotten used to it.

I've tried to give up on them, but I just can't.

I remember I could even talk myself into thinking they could win every week during the kotex error.

football after all is just entertainment, escapism if you will

the jets could win 17 straight SB's, I still can't dance and still have to pay the bills, so I just enjoy the ride

I'm not an old guy, I'm only 30. But I've been rooting for this team since conception and not by choice...lol.

This team will take years of your life. But I love them. This might sound super cheesy, but I get a warm feeling when I see the Green and White. It reminds me of when we did stuff as a family. My father would take two of his 3 sons, depending no who behaved the best that week, to the games Sunday because we could only afford 2 season tickets way back in the Shea days. We grew up on Long Island and one of my fathers best friends was a player personnel director and we used to get on the field at Hofstra. I cherish those moments and I dont know that I'll ever be in a position to do those things again with my family...if I ever have one...lol...but they are fond memories.

And to me its it means something that we are all still die hard fans. Win or lose. We laugh at it now. Its become a joke. But you know what, I'll never stop rooting for this team. Even if we are 1-14, I will be watching the final game of the season cheering for greatness on every single snap, knowing in the back of my mind, its probably not going to have a great outcome.

Embrace it. We all have our reasons for loving this team. And to me, its actually more than just winning, even though it would really ****ing awesome if we were and I'll keep watching until we are...I mean, its gotta happen some day...right? And wont it just be that much sweeter?

Trust me. I know EXACTLY how you feel. I honestly do. It seems like every Monday, I tell myself I can't wait for Sunday.

I just want to witness a SB win in my lifetime. Is that too much to ask? I don't think so.

Archived