Redskins Cheerleader Disabled after Flu shot.

villain_the_foe

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't watch the video, but I'm going to assume she wound up with Guillain-Barre Syndrome, which is a rare side effect of the flu shot. I think the rate of occurance is in the neighborhood of 1 in 500,000.

A guy I used to work with came down with it 5 years ago (non-flu shot related) and still has residual effects in his motor functions (hands and feet mostly).

It's scary, but the slim odds of it happening as the result of the flu shot did not deter me from giving my son both the flu and H1N1 shots, as highly recommended by both his pediatrician (whose opinion I trust 100%), as well as my friend, who is an OB.

I've only had the flu shot once and I was sick almost the whole winter.

The flu shot is a strain of the actual flu so your body will create antibodies. I've never had a flu shot and I dont intend to begin now.

Wash your hands religiously and avoid people coughing and sneezing if possible. If I see a cashier or waitress that is sick, I walk out.

The flu shot is a strain of the actual flu so your body will create antibodies. I've never had a flu shot and I dont intend to begin now.

Wash your hands religiously and avoid people coughing and sneezing if possible. If I see a cashier or waitress that is sick, I walk out.

Thats a good post. True too. I have invested heavily in the hand sanitizer stuff at my home and office.

Reason #30 I do not get the flu shot......................and the powers to be want my 5 year old to get the whipped up quick swine flu shot? Pass.

The "whipped up quick swine flu shot" is barely "newer" than the regular flu shot, which changes every single year.

I know your wife is pregnant, so I figured I'd pass along this tidbit from an OB (a friend)... he said that pregnant women are at the highest risk and strongly urges all of his expecting patients to get the shot.

I'm obviously not telling you what to do, just passing along some information I got from a very trusted source.

That's just terrible. My heart goes out to her and her husband.

Truly strange that when running and walking backward, she's fine.

My husband has medical problems and his doctors say he needs the flu shot because the flu could be very dangerous for him, and that I need to get one so I don't get sick and pass it on to him. He and I both got flu shots last year with no problems and will probably get them this year. But it makes you worry what might happen.

Not sure about the swine flu shot, though.

Didn't watch the video, but I'm going to assume she wound up with Guillain-Barre Syndrome, which is a rare side effect of the flu shot. I think the rate of occurance is in the neighborhood of 1 in 500,000.

A guy I used to work with came down with it 5 years ago (non-flu shot related) and still has residual effects in his motor functions (hands and feet mostly).

It's scary, but the slim odds of it happening as the result of the flu shot did not deter me from giving my son both the flu and H1N1 shots, as highly recommended by both his pediatrician (whose opinion I trust 100%), as well as my friend, who is an OB.

The most important thing is to make an informed choice and be comfortable with it.

Same here. I see no point in getting the flu shot unless contracting it could pose a serious risk to your health.

The most important thing is to make an informed choice and be comfortable with it.

+1

My husband also got a pneumonia shot last year (lasts 5 years, I think) because of his condition. I think pneumonia or flu can be life-threatening to him now. I, of course, don't want to get him sick so we'll both be getting the shots soon.

But it's a personal decision based on what's happening in your life.

Agreed 100%. For me, an informed choice in this case is following the instructions of someone I place my trust in. If I didn't trust my son's pediatrician, I wouldn't be bringing him there. Now, that doesn't mean if he suggested something that seemed completely ridiculous, I wouldn't look for a second opinion, but on a judgement call, his opinion is gold in my book.

I mean, I consider myself an expert in my field and if somebody came and told me how to do my job based on something they heard from a friend of a friend or what they read on the Internet, I'd tell them to **** off.

Agreed 100%. For me, an informed choice in this case is following the instructions of someone I place my trust in. If I didn't trust my son's pediatrician, I wouldn't be bringing him there. Now, that doesn't mean if he suggested something that seemed completely ridiculous, I wouldn't look for a second opinion, but on a judgement call, his opinion is gold in my book.

I mean, I consider myself an expert in my field and if somebody came and told me how to do my job based on something they heard from a friend of a friend or what they read on the Internet, I'd tell them to **** off.

Its like making any sort of decision in caring for someones health. the benefit has to outweigh the risk. If it does then thats what you have to do.

Its like making any sort of decision in caring for someones health. the benefit has to outweigh the risk. If it does then thats what you have to do.

Undoubtedly. In fact, just this morning, I decided that the deliciousness of a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich far outweighed the risk of heart disease.

My Dr. (and subsequent inernet searching) said the nerve syndrome risk is inherent to all vaccines. ...and to catching the illness itself. If you get sick (or fake it with a vaccine) your immune system can freak out and attack your nervous system. ...very rarely.

Since my kids SHALL get vaccinations, I'm not opposed to the flu shot during the odd years that there's an issue like swine flu. So this year, for the first time, my kids got the generic flu nasal mist, but not the swine. The odds are very good everyone will be just fine.

But I still buy lotto tickets, hoping to beat similar odds, which proves I'm a hypocrite.

I just got the flu shot today.

This woman is the first person on record to have a link to the flu shot (around since the 1950s) with this disease, which is only about 1:29,000 (about half of MS). Which would lead you to believe that it is either a coincidence of timing, or at best, she had all the makings of the disease waiting for something to trigger it. In other words, my guess is she would have gotten this disease at some point regardless of the shot.

I just got the flu shot today.

This woman is the first person on record to have a link to the flu shot (around since the 1950s) with this disease, which is only about 1:29,000 (about half of MS). Which would lead you to believe that it is either a coincidence of timing, or at best, she had all the makings of the disease waiting for something to trigger it. In other words, my guess is she would have gotten this disease at some point regardless of the shot.

I watched the video and she may have Guilian Barre but Im not convinced thats the only thing she has going on. Her body movements look as if she has Dystonia. Now if that is secondary to the GB its possible. But sure looks like Dystonia to me.

Na, this is different. They said Dystonia.

I'm in the military and I am forced to get MANY shots, including the flu and soon to be swine flu shot. I wish I had a choice cause I would choose not to get ANY of them. I also recently go the anthrax shot's.....and that is another controversy all its own...

Am I the only one going to hell for laughing?

probably not...unfortunately. idk why some people think **** like this is funny. there's really nothing funny about a life altering/termial illness. it's a shame that such a young girl is going to have to live the rest of her life like that.

Get the swine flu shot if you can

1000 people have died so far (100 kids) wife just yelled at me lol

Thing is the government is trying to make the swine flu shots mandatory to take for just 1000 deaths. Not to sound harsh of course. More people die each hear from 2nd hand smoke every year, even allergy related deaths like peanut oil but "the TV" makes this sound like this is the plague and they're surely making massive cash off of the Tax off of cigarettes in NY....its over 10 dollars a pack and 8 dollars of that is taxes. But we dont look at it like that becaus its "people killing themselves"...but what about the people who dont smoke and die from 2nd hand while 8 dollars is going to the politicians off of every pack? Let me share somehting.

What the TV wont tell us is that in 1976 (the last swine flu outbreak) more people died by the "vaccine" then the actual swine flu itself.

1 person died from the actual swine flu. And because of the "media scare", within a 10 week span before the program was halted over 40 million people got the swine flu shot. Over 500 people developed Guillain-Barre syndrome after receiving the vaccine.

And 25 people died from the vaccine directly.

However, the pandemic, which some experts estimated at the time could infect 50 million to 60 million Americans, never unfolded. Only about 200 cases of swine flu and one death were ultimately reported in the U.S. and that was by the CDC (Center of Disease Control). Remember, 1000 deaths yet this country alone is like 800 million strong so in reality that number is like less than a 1/2 percent...yet we see it on TV every............single.............day.

Link below.

My question is....why is it we know about the swine flu and how significant it is to receive the shot but the historical background about the swineflu is non existent on TV....you have to look for that yourself it seams.

http://healthandsurvival.com/2009/04/26/swine-flu-vaccine-of-1976-more-harm-than-good/

Oh, and I did say that they were trying to pass a law through congress to make the shot mandatory....even by force. And there was a swine flu conference back in april of this year (that we never seen on the news) that actually spoke about this and many other things. Google it if you like.

Link here:

http://article.wn.com/view/2009/10/17/New_York_judge_puts_hold_on_mandatory_flu_shots/

If you have, or know a child, between the ages of 1 and 30, who happens to have cerebral palsy, downs syndrome or any other neuro/muscular disorder, make sure that they get the vaccine shot. Not the nasal, the shot.

If you know or have a child with asthma or diabetes, it's also a good idea that they get vaccinated. Nasal or shot.

If you have or know a child with heart of lung conditions. Same thing.

All of the above should go for any adults with those conditions as well.

The rest of you/us, unless you're pregnant, should be absolutely fine. Don't get the vaccine if you don't fit the above groups. Save it for those who truly need it.

Archived