The Jets Might Suck Again But...

SoFlaJets

at least we have the Yankees...that's all I've been thinking about since Sunday's debacle. I've been watching Yankees baseball since Mrs. Larson put a little black and white TV in our 3rd grade classroom during the 1964 WS between St. Louis. That's 46 years of watching. After that WS there were some really lean years-over a decade-I used to actually cry watching them during the Horace Clarke, Gene Michael Jake Gibbs years, then came 77 and 78-man did that feel good.

Now we have the hapless Jets that break our hearts year after year and we loyally sit there year after after year ending up saying "woe is us". Well we get our share of the good stuff, unfortunately it has to come from a different sport but hey-we could all be Cubs fans. This team disgusts me, it really does and if it weren't for the Yanks my vacation up to beautiful North Carolina would have been a lot less enjoyable.

So it's just another year of having to turn the off switch to my emotions when it comes to the New York Jets, now I see why guys like Bob, Jet Moses, NJ and a few others just don't even bother posting on this side of the board anymore. It's for no other reason than this team has ripped our hears out too many times and are doing it again-good to be back here at JN

I hate the yanks. now what?

then TRY to turn off your emotions and just sit there expecting what has always happened, and try to chuckle at the haplessness of the ongoing farce that is the New York Jets. It's something I've been getting better at. Hell, during the mid 70's I had to stop even watching football as my fingernails and callouses were becoming bloody nubs. I'm just glad I had moved to Florida by the late 80's and coverage down here during the 90's was reduced to 2 games a season on TV-I didn't miss much.

Unless its Postseason Baseball, Baseball sucks anyways.

and Jets football hasn't for like your whole life Joe? I don't think my pubic hairs have ever seen a Jets championship-I was in the 8th grade when I watched them win one...

and Jets football hasn't for like your whole life Joe? I don't think my pubic hairs have ever seen a Jets championship-I was in the 8th grade when I watched them win one...

So what? At least you got to see them win one and 8th grade is what, 13 or 14 years of age? You can appreciate a win at that age. No matter what when you die you will have seen the Jets win a ring. Can't say the same will be for me.

So what? At least you got to see them win one and 8th grade is what, 13 or 14 years of age? You can appreciate a win at that age. No matter what when you die you will have seen the Jets win a ring. Can't say the same will be for me.

13...yea but this is getting a little ridiculous. Ya figure all the energy we put into talking about this team, hoping for the best and year after year the same thing happens-it's really starting to get old...

I am a JETS, PHILLIES fan so I understand misery in both sports for a long time. Sorry SOFLA but I am going to have to root against you in the series. Let me also add when your team does finally win the big one it feels great!! Just hope I don't have to wait 25 more years for a superbowl victory

you can't complain being a phillies fan anymore. won it last year...back in it again this year.

The core of the Yankees World Series teams of the 90's was Jeter, Williams, Posada, Pettitte, Rivera. All home grown talent. We traded another home grown Player in Roberto Kelly to get Paul Oneil . How many other teams who have won the World Series lately can boast that much home grown talent at the core of their team ? The only one still not playing on this current team is Williams. Once again how many teams can say that ? Can the Red Sox ? Can the Angels ? Can the stinkin METS ??

God Help you if your a Met and Jet fan .

The core of the Yankees World Series teams of the 90's was Jeter, Williams, Posada, Pettitte, Rivera. All home grown talent. We traded another home grown Player in Roberto Kelly to get Paul Oneil . How many other teams who have won the World Series lately can boast that much home grown talent at the core of their team ? The only one still not playing on this current team is Williams. Once again how many teams can say that ? Can the Red Sox ? Can the Angels ? Can the stinkin METS ??

God Help you if your a Met and Jet fan .

Yep

Mess are buried deep

Jets have a shot next year at least

I don't give a flying **** about any other professional sports.

I am a Jets fan... period. End of story.

Baseball is for people who don't understand football.

Soccer is for people who don't understand baseball.

BZ

Ping-pong is for people who don't understand archery!

Ya know, SoFla, I've been thinking the exact same thing. Thank God for the Yankees. They keep my hope strong with sports.

With the Jets, I don't even feel like posting in the NFL forum anymore either...I feel so screwed by this team that I just don't care as much at this point. I'm still rooting my ass off every Sunday and praying for the best, but I'm slowly removing myself emotionally from this team. I just can't go through the roller coaster again, and again, and again. Get your hopes up, then proceed to be crushed.

Let's hope the Yankees get 27. It would be a great boost.

Ask yourself this question...If Jeter, Posada and the others came up with the Royals, would they be able to keep them? There's part of the problem. Who else could afford a Jeter contract? Yankees drive up the prices of all contracts throughout baseball by bidding against themselves. "Great for the players" you say. Then middle america gripes because they can't afford to go to the games.

Ya know, SoFla, I've been thinking the exact same thing. Thank God for the Yankees. They keep my hope strong with sports.

With the Jets, I don't even feel like posting in the NFL forum anymore either...I feel so screwed by this team that I just don't care as much at this point. I'm still rooting my ass off every Sunday and praying for the best, but I'm slowly removing myself emotionally from this team. I just can't go through the roller coaster again, and again, and again. Get your hopes up, then proceed to be crushed.

Let's hope the Yankees get 27. It would be a great boost.

maybe you're taking sports just a little too seriously.....

Ask yourself this question...If Jeter, Posada and the others came up with the Royals, would they be able to keep them? There's part of the problem. Who else could afford a Jeter contract? Yankees drive up the prices of all contracts throughout baseball by bidding against themselves. "Great for the players" you say. Then middle america gripes because they can't afford to go to the games.

Sports is the rich mans play ground. Not much we can do about that. KC had some pretty damn good teams with high payrolls in the 70's and early 80's comparitive to the other good teams around. The days of the one to two million dollar salary.

The problem now is the rich have gotten SOOO rich the salaries have risen 1200 % in 30 years. Can the regular worker in this country make that claim ? Not even close not even 1/20 th of that. The big salary of the day was 2 million per year now the big salary of the day is what 28 million per year ? Ticket prices have to go up accordingly. If a cop was making 40k in 1980 in baseball terms they would be making 560k in 2009. Thats how nuts sports and our society is.

If sports were more regulated where teams could be built around the draft and salaries (while still good compared to other professions) were static and negotiated like most other union jobs the Montreal Expos/Nationals would have contended for WS for years. Instead they became MLB's Pro Farm System.

Professional sports is totally out of control just like everything else in this country. The rich get richer and the Middle class moves ever closer to complete destruction.

Archived