Cotchery out Sunday

hoping4ASuperBowl

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2009/10/ny_jets_wrs_jerricho_cotchery_1.html

per Rotoworld: Jets coach Rex Ryan ruled out Jerricho Cotchery (hamstring) for Week 7 at Oakland Friday.

Brad Smith (foot) was also ruled out, so David Clowney will pick up another start after finishing Week 6 without a target. Clowney will likely see quite a bit of Nnamdi Asomugha Sunday and isn't a fantasy option. Braylon Edwards gets a slight bump. He's certain to be the Jets' most targeted wideout. Oct. 23 - 12:41 pm et

I highly doubt Clowney will see Asomugha at all. You would imagine he will be on Braylon all day and force us to throw the ball to our nobody receivers as our 2nd options.

J-Co and Brad out really hurts our offense and is just another added reason we are losing this game.

4pm game, west coast, Raiders, I'm surfing sunday, Jason picked a win, J-Co and Brad Smith out of the game = Jets loss.

I highly doubt Clowney will see Asomugha at all. You would imagine he will be on Braylon all day and force us to throw the ball to our nobody receivers as our 2nd options.

J-Co and Brad out really hurts our offense and is just another added reason we are losing this game.

4pm game, west coast, Raiders, I'm surfing sunday, Jason picked a win, J-Co and Brad Smith out of the game = Jets loss.

Could not say it better myself.

:Nuts: nice..go surfing and have a good time, we win this game big and you will miss it...don't hit any sand bars

How bad is the Jets WR situation still if the loss of Brad Smith = a loss?

I agree about Asomugha. Why would he ever leave Braylon's side?

Why would NA cover Clowney???

The article was correct, he will be mostly on Clowney, unless they change up their gameplan for the game. Asomugha plays almost exclusively on the right side of the field and is not going to be following Braylon around, that's just not how he is utilized. This has gone on for a while, so I'm not sure if it's a personal preference with him, but from watching, he barely ever shadows someone on the field.

:Nuts: nice..go surfing and have a good time, we win this game big and you will miss it...don't hit any sand bars

No, I'm surfing before the game, which always leads to a Jets loss. I dont miss Jets games, havent in a long time.

Its sad, no doubt.

And no way Aso leaves Braylons side. Not a chance.

The article was correct, he will be mostly on Clowney, unless they change up their gameplan for the game. Asomugha plays almost exclusively on the right side of the field and is not going to be following Braylon around, that's just not how he is utilized. This has gone on for a while, so I'm not sure if it's a personal preference with him, but from watching, he barely ever shadows someone on the field.

No ****? No matter the situation? Like this week when our #2 option is David Clowney?

I dont watch a lot of Oakland games (can you blame me) but that just seems very odd. And this is news to me.

No ****? No matter the situation? Like this week when our #2 option is David Clowney?

I dont watch a lot of Oakland games (can you blame me) but that just seems very odd. And this is news to me.

As BroadwayJoe12 pointed out, Nnamdi generally stayed at RCB when Rob Ryan was the DC. There was talk earlier in the year that new DC, John Marshall, would possibly use him as a shadow, but he hasn't fully incorporated his defense yet.

As BroadwayJoe12 pointed out, Nnamdi generally stayed at RCB when Rob Ryan was the DC. There was talk earlier in the year that new DC, John Marshall, would possibly use him as a shadow, but he hasn't fully incorporated his defense yet.

Didnt know that. Doesnt really make sense to me?

In that case why wouldnt we just line Braylon up on the right all day, put who gives a **** on the left and Clowney in the slot.

Just seems like thats really easy to game plan against.

No, I cannot blame you at all! Now, I haven't seen many Raiders games this year, but up until this year, I would say something like 90% of the time they played man to man and he would be on his respective side of the field.

I'm sure someone had to ask Rob Ryan about this, however I have never been able to find an interview for why. Possibly to know that the opposing teams would probably line up their #1 on the opposite side and to be able to roll safeties or some sort of protection schemes. In our situation, when Braylon is the main guy to go, without JCO, it would seem advantageous to take him out of the game.

I guess we'll see what happens, but if I were a betting man, I'd say that he would be seeing mostly Clowney.

No, I cannot blame you at all! Now, I haven't seen many Raiders games this year, but up until this year, I would say something like 90% of the time they played man to man and he would be on his respective side of the field.

I'm sure someone had to ask Rob Ryan about this, however I have never been able to find an interview for why. Possibly to know that the opposing teams would probably line up their #1 on the opposite side and to be able to roll safeties or some sort of protection schemes. In our situation, when Braylon is the main guy to go, without JCO, it would seem advantageous to take him out of the game.

I guess we'll see what happens, but if I were a betting man, I'd say that he would be seeing mostly Clowney.

you don't think rex will ask his brother?

Just seems like thats really easy to game plan against.

Have you forgotten who our OC is? Schitty will think he's outsmarting the Raiders by not doing the obvious and will lineup Edwards on Asomugha's side the whole game. He'll look to test Nnamdi, since he's not sure how good he really is, since nobody every throws to his side of the field.

Thanks for the info...I didnt know that at all.

And yeah, you would think he would just take Braylon and try to completely shut that element of our passing game down.

Have you forgotten who our OC is? Schitty will think he's outsmarting the Raiders by not doing the obvious and will lineup Edwards on Asomugha's side the whole game. He'll look to test Nnamdi, since he's not sure how good he really is, since nobody every throws to his side of the field.

LOL!!! I tried to rep you but you must have had another gem somewhere else.

Schitty = doodoo brains

Then we put Edwards and Clowney BOTH on the left side of the field.

Championship!

WTF point is he if you can match him up against any nobody receiver? Put your 1 on the other side, 2 in the slot and your 3 there and Nmadi will cover him and that's all you have to do? Or you can go 4 wide with 3 best targets on the side he doesn't play and 1 scrub on the other. Wow, no wonder he's stopping WRs so effectively.

This is not good. If Sanchez is staring down Braylon again this week instead of the Bills getting 4 INT's when he does that, Asomougha will have 10 INT's.

Clearly if we throw the ball more than 20 times Sunday, Schott should be SHOT.

If we're throwing, throw screens & dump offs to Leon.

Archived