Cotchery out Sunday

hoping4ASuperBowl

This is not good. If Sanchez is staring down Braylon again this week instead of the Bills getting 4 INT's when he does that, Asomougha will have 10 INT's.

Clearly if we throw the ball more than 20 times Sunday, Schott should be SHOT.

If we're throwing, throw screens & dump offs to Leon.

i predict no more than 2 passes past 10 yds

don't blink..gaydars aren't throwing either

This is not good. If Sanchez is staring down Braylon again this week instead of the Bills getting 4 INT's when he does that, Asomougha will have 10 INT's.

Clearly if we throw the ball more than 20 times Sunday, Schott should be SHOT.

If we're throwing, throw screens & dump offs to Leon.

That's one reason why I thought getting an Edwards or Marshall was not such a good thing for the Jets. Ya can't have the rookie thinking, 'well we got this guy now I gotta get him the ball' too much.

That's one reason why I thought getting an Edwards or Marshall was not such a good thing for the Jets. Ya can't have the rookie thinking, 'well we got this guy now I gotta get him the ball' too much.

Um... what?

It was a great move IF your #2 receiver, Jerricho Cotchery, is healthy. It only is a negative when Cotchery is not in the lineup. With J-Co in the lineup, it's fine because Mark then has two capable receivers out there, along with Leon Washington and Dustin Keller for check downs. Without J-Co, then he will force it to Edwards.

Um... what?

It was a great move IF your #2 receiver, Jerricho Cotchery, is healthy. It only is a negative when Cotchery is not in the lineup. With J-Co in the lineup, it's fine because Mark then has two capable receivers out there, along with Leon Washington and Dustin Keller for check downs. Without J-Co, then he will force it to Edwards.

I still don't think it was a great move. Maybe after Sanchez has a year or so under his belt, to add an Edwards would have made more sense to me. I think what you have now is a rookie QB trying to adjust to a new WR mid-season. Ya think that's not affecting the kid?

I still don't think it was a great move. Maybe after Sanchez has a year or so under his belt, to add an Edwards would have made more sense to me. I think what you have now is a rookie QB trying to adjust to a new WR mid-season. Ya think that's not affecting the kid?

Better to have the kid have 2 NFL Wide Receivers rather than 1. Everyone else after Cotchery and Edwards do not belong on NFL rosters. Well, maybe Brad Smith, but only as a Special Teams player and on offense strictly for reverses only.

some, but the loss of cotchery is much more significant

add the two together, and it's not pretty

I think the jets struck because the asking price presumably went down after the bar fight

If we did not trade for Edwards, we'd be going into Oakland with David Clowney (5 rec, 98 yards for his career) and Wallace Wright (6 rec, 87 yards for his career, all in 2007) as our #1 and #2 options. I didn't leave out TDs, neither has one.

When you look at it that way... We had no choice but to make this trade.

If we did not trade for Edwards, we'd be going into Oakland with David Clowney (5 rec, 98 yards for his career) and Wallace Wright (6 rec, 87 yards for his career, all in 2007) as our #1 and #2 options. I didn't leave out TDs, neither has one.

When you look at it that way... We had no choice but to make this trade.

Valid point. I'm thinking it just added more to the rookie's plate and prolly will take a few weeks for them to get the repetition/comfort level with each other.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2009/10/ny_jets_wrs_jerricho_cotchery_1.html

per Rotoworld: Jets coach Rex Ryan ruled out Jerricho Cotchery (hamstring) for Week 7 at Oakland Friday.

Brad Smith (foot) was also ruled out, so David Clowney will pick up another start after finishing Week 6 without a target. Clowney will likely see quite a bit of Nnamdi Asomugha Sunday and isn't a fantasy option. Braylon Edwards gets a slight bump. He's certain to be the Jets' most targeted wideout. Oct. 23 - 12:41 pm et

CRAP ! I was hoping this thread was left over from last week. :(

Dude, sthu.

Archived