Shonn Greene!

Irish Jet

Power football baby!

With leon out he's going to see more and more of the ball. Love what I'm seeing from him today. Certainly the highlight of the half which to be honest, despite the scoreline I could take more bad than good from.

Leons injury does not look good.

greene's first td would not have been had that been jones running. jones woul dhave been tackled. and there was another run...not sure if it was the other td or not...but he was almost tackled...stumbled, and then broke off a great run. dude has more power than jones and definitely a higher gear. anothet thing i've noticed is that joens looks to be running harder after watching greene. power running baby! that's what we need. i think we have to be the top running team in the league as of now. i'm worried about our defense though. injuries are mounting up...you can't play the raiders every week. any news on ellis?

I hate that Leon had to get injured, but Greene is a dymanic back that instantly makes this offense a serious threat. Also, this is the exact offense that should have been played last week. Schotty will of course run too much when he needs to pass because he does not understand a situation or how to call a game correctly, but that actually may not be that much of a problem with a rookie QB, a rookie RB, a schedule with weak run defenses, and a run blocking O-line.

It helps that it was the Raiders, but a lot of positives to draw from this game. Sanchez still fumbled once, and good teams always continue working on things, but you have to feel good about this game. IMO, this is the best game in terms of scheme and all phases of the game all season. This is the proper philosophy with a rookie QB. Keep this up for awhile and slowly increase Sanchez' responsibilities, and he will be awesome for it. Sanchez' arm looked good this week too, I'm really happy about that. He still needs to show it in bad conditions in the northeast, because that's a reality at least until every team puts a dome in.

This offense can easily support Green and TJ, even though I think Greene will take the lead within 3 weeks.

Archived