Washington:Fractured fibula, Out for year

jaspegs

Sucks big time for the Jets. But even bigger for Leon.

Leon is an idiot for listening to his agent Alvin Keyes.

Could have had $5 million per and about $10 million guaranteed.

Now? Hopefully he can recover 100%.

He will, however, have to play the 2010 season to prove he's back. Yet another year with no new deal.

Could have had $5 million per and about $10 million guaranteed.

Now? Hopefully he can recover 100%.

He will, however, have to play the 2010 season to prove he's back. Yet another year with no new deal.

An incredibly stupid move by Leon and Alvin Keels.

Leon is 27 years old and now suffers a major injury. Hate that this happened to Leon, but let this be a lesson to other RBs in similar situations.

Leon could have had $10 million this year, but instead made $500k.

Incredibly stupid.

Just our luck, last week we lose our top defender in Jenkins and now Washington who is our top returner and receiving back is done for the year, and our #2 amd #3 receivers have been out because of nagging injuries......... I guess Danny Woodhead is going to get a couple of touches and Leonhard might be doing some kick returning and lets just hope nobody goes down next week if not we'll end up playing everyone left on the practice squad.

An incredibly stupid move by Leon and Alvin Keels.

Leon is 27 years old and now suffers a major injury. Hate that this happened to Leon, but let this be a lesson to other RBs in similar situations.

Leon could have had $10 million this year, but instead made $500k.

Incredibly stupid.

Such is the risk when you go the Rod Tidwell route. Horrible representation of a client, just horrible.

Greene got them because the game was out of reach.

BTW, Leon had 19 touches last week, Greene had 19 today.

They're 2 totally different players. Greene is a bigger, faster, better version of TJ. He is not Leon. We will miss Leon.

THIS WAS OAKLAND. Leon is a BIG loss.

fixed. yeah we'll miss leon on special teams mostly. greene and jones will be a nice tandem...and mostly because i think greene is going to be a beast.

I feel very bad for Leon. He is a great guy in addition to being a terrific all around player. Green looked great and will be a solid RB, but make no mistake, Leon will be missed. I was really afraid it might be career threatening. It seems like he should be back next year OK. I hope so for his sake, even if he does not end his career as a Jet.

As far as kick returns, what about Justin Miller? I heard the Jets looked at him a couple of weeks ago. The guy can certainly return kicks.

the saddest i have ever been after a win.

darren sproles had the same surgery in 2006, and he is fine now...

BUT

what a loss.. i am heartbroken, football style.

I didn't know that. That is encouraging since they are similar type of players.

All the (offensive) players looked depressed during the presser too.

sigh.. i dont get sny.. so i didnt see the pressers.

he is in surgery right now.. infection must have been a serious concern. the bone broke thru the skin. OY!

the saddest i have ever been after a win.

darren sproles had the same surgery in 2006, and he is fine now...

BUT

what a loss.. i am heartbroken, football style.

I didn't know that. That is encouraging since they are similar type of players.

Yeah, Adam Shefter Tweeted that earlier. But it still doesn't feel any better knowing that Leon's done for (in the very least) the season.

Archived