The LAST PLACE 2-4 Miami Dolphins

if its so "backyard" why cant nfl defenses stop it? i love the excuses.....it makes your team look worse with the bull**** belittling the offense we run.

You've won two games and haven't won on the road. I'd say they have stopped it. Go get some bottle caps and sticks so Sparano can draw up a few more plays.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You've won two games and haven't won on the road. I'd say they have stopped it. Go get some bottle caps and sticks so Sparano can draw up a few more plays.

dan henning is our offensive coordinator. does rex ryan call your offensive plays?

6 games in......we still play the bills, you, tampa, carolina, titans, jags, and houston...........

and i say we split with new england.

but go ahead. we will take it on the chin with a brutal early schedule against the chargers, colts, falcons and saints.

but being in last place after 6 games.......means about as much as being in first place at 8-3.....right? ;)

And of all those teams you mentioned, only Tampa and Tennessee have less wins than the Dolphins. I mean, you do realize that fans of those other teams are noting Miami when talking about the ease of their own remaining schedule, right?

atleast it got ended fast. we arent the morons that sat through almost a decade of chads inconsistent play :cheers:

That's true, you're even bigger morons. You watched his inconsistent play for years, trashed him for it and then brought him in, sucked him off after his same mediocre play and still fell into the trap of Penningtology. And then you all threw fits about it and told us we didn't know what we were talking about when we all told you what would happen in games like last years playoff game and in seasons like this one.

That's true, you're even bigger morons. You watched his inconsistent play for years, trashed him for it and then brought him in, sucked him off after his same mediocre play and still fell into the trap of Penningtology. And then you all threw fits about it and told us we didn't know what we were talking about when we all told you what would happen in games like last years playoff game and in seasons like this one.

:rl: POTYear!!!!!

Yep we're no challenge for those JETS. They're going to murder us beyond reconigtion. :rolleyes:

All I know is that on Sunday it won't be 85 degrees at game time with 100% humidity like it was for MNF.

It will be partly cloudy at 59 degrees.

The heat & humidity in Miami is a HUGE advantage for the Fins. You guys know that. The Jets defense was absolutely gassed at the end of the MNF game. The Fins took advantage of that as they should.

The Jets are missing 2 important pieces on their team, while the Fins are actually better off without Chad.

If the Jets remember how to tackle they'll win and it won't be close.

All I know is that on Sunday it won't be 85 degrees at game time with 100% humidity like it was for MNF.

It will be partly cloudy at 59 degrees.

The heat & humidity in Miami is a HUGE advantage for the Fins. You guys know that. The Jets defense was absolutely gassed at the end of the MNF game. The Fins took advantage of that as they should.

The Jets are missing 2 important pieces on their team, while the Fins are actually better off without Chad.

If the Jets remember how to tackle they'll win and it won't be close.

So it's gonna be a blow out right? :rl: There's nothing to suggest your team should easily win this game. Your minus 2 of biggest pieces of your team and when you had them in the lineup you still couldn't beat us. And for the weather factor, i bet your QB wished it was being played in the Miami heat and not the cold and swirling winds. It's gonna be a very close game IMO.

So it's gonna be a blow out right? :rl: There's nothing to suggest your team should easily win this game. Your minus 2 of biggest pieces of your team and when you had them in the lineup you still couldn't beat us. And for the weather factor, i bet your QB wished it was being played in the Miami heat and not the cold and swirling winds. It's gonna be a very close game IMO.

I agree, especially if the Jets can't at least contain the running game, it's a wrap. I don't expect for the Phins to put the game in Henne's hands after what happened yesterday. I'm not confident in this game @ all.

Blow out? No. Only fools deal in extremes. Learn to understand shades of gray.

Close is under 7 points. A win by 10 or 14 is not close. It's also not a blow out. Did the Saints "blow out" the Fins? They won by 12. In the end, the score wasn't "close."

And I never said the game would be "easy." Learn to read, man.

"Not close" and "easy" are completely 2 different things.

Finally, I wrote that "If the Jets remember how to tackle they'll win and it won't be close." That's called a contingency. The game not being close is contingent on the Jets tackling, something they did a piss poor job on MNF.

Blow out? No. Only fools deal in extremes. Learn to understand shades of gray.

Close is under 7 points. A win by 10 or 14 is not close. It's also not a blow out. Did the Saints "blow out" the Fins? They won by 12. In the end, the score wasn't "close."

And I never said the game would be "easy." Learn to read, man.

"Not close" and "easy" are completely 2 different things.

Finally, I wrote that "If the Jets remember how to tackle they'll win and it won't be close." That's called a contingency. The game not being close is contingent on the Jets tackling, something they did a piss poor job on MNF.

One can interpret "It won't be close" as to you got this in the bag. I expect similar drama as to last meeting...witht he Fins comming out on top of course

One can interpret "It won't be close" as to you got this in the bag. I expect similar drama as to last meeting...witht he Fins comming out on top of course

Gotcha. But I don't think the game's in the bag.

I think the game will be tough with the Jets winning by 10 or 14 in the end IF THE JETS CAN TACKLE.

Again, if the Jets can't tackle then they will lose.

the JETS will struggle big time this week with Miami's running game. There is no question about that. The key will be to limit the 7+ yard runs. make them have 3 & 5 or worse and see if henne can make a play, again.

For the JETS, just keep running the ball and take your shots when they present themselves. Dont force throws. There will be plenty of guys open this week.

Gotcha. But I don't think the game's in the bag.

I think the game will be tough with the Jets winning by 10 or 14 in the end IF THE JETS CAN TACKLE.

Again, if the Jets can't tackle then they will lose.

I'm not so confident at this point...

I think we'll know all we need to for this game in the 1st quarter. If the Jets can slow the wildcat early, the 10-14 points you predict will be easy. If we don't, we lose.

not sure if you guys are aware, but Will Allen is out for the season with a torn acl. So we'll have the 2 rookies starting for this game. This could be big trouble if you get cotch back healthy. Our secondary hasnt been anything great to begin with.

How's Jason Taylor?

I think we'll know all we need to for this game in the 1st quarter. If the Jets can slow the wildcat early, the 10-14 points you predict will be easy. If we don't, we lose.

the Wildcat is an unconventional offense-the usual defensive tactics don't work. You have to go younger and faster against it...the big body DLmen that usually clog up the holes like Jenkins and Ellis are rendered ineffective because it's a reaction offense. Brown sits back there and watches which holes are opening up and then he goes. You have to be able to string it out and if he does break through-catch him.

I say go with Gholston and Westerman in place of the probably out Ellis and DeVito and Sione in place of Howard Green in the middle-utilize Eric Smith in a hybrid LB/DB position and make him the spy on Brown or Williams

not sure if you guys are aware, but Will Allen is out for the season with a torn acl. So we'll have the 2 rookies starting for this game. This could be big trouble if you get cotch back healthy. Our secondary hasnt been anything great to begin with.

Yea I heard Sid talking about it a little while ago...

EY, I'm confident that the Jets will win by 10-14 points IF THEY CAN TACKLE.

I'm not confident that they can tackle.

Get it?

My above posts were based strickly on the hypothetical scenario of the Jets tackling like they have been trained to tackle.

If they try to arm or hand tackle RW or RB then the Jets will be lucky to win by a point.

EY, I'm confident that the Jets will win by 10-14 points IF THEY CAN TACKLE.

I'm not confident that they can tackle.

Get it?

My above posts were based strickly on the hypothetical scenario of the Jets tackling like they have been trained to tackle.

If they try to arm or hand tackle RW or RB then the Jets will be lucky to win by a point.

I got what you're saying. This team still struggles against the run somewhat. So, I think the game will come down to more than just a few missed takles.

If Cotchery returns, it will be a big boost to our offense, as I assume MIA will stack against the run early.

BTW, LOOK AT YOUR SIGNATURE .GIF

That's what I'm talking about tackling. You have that because Scott got blown up.

BUT, look at the horrible tackling technique by Brian Thomas.

Brian Thomas is flat footed, does a pathetic hop, and then tries to arm tackle RB. He's there to make a play, but fails miserably.

If the Jets tackle like that on Sunday, they'll lose.

I got what you're saying. This team still struggles against the run somewhat. So, I think the game will come down to more than just a few missed takles.

If Cotchery returns, it will be a big boost to our offense, as I assume MIA will stack against the run early.

What the Jets really need to do is get Keller and Sanchez on the same page. Shockey gouged the Phins last week, pass catching TE's have hurt the Phins this year and we did nothing with Keller first time around. It's a weakness of theirs that we need to expose.

the Wildcat is an unconventional offense-the usual defensive tactics don't work. You have to go younger and faster against it...the big body DLmen that usually clog up the holes like Jenkins and Ellis are rendered ineffective because it's a reaction offense. Brown sits back there and watches which holes are opening up and then he goes. You have to be able to string it out and if he does break through-catch him.

I say go with Gholston and Westerman in place of the probably out Ellis and DeVito and Sione in place of Howard Green in the middle-utilize Eric Smith in a hybrid LB/DB position and make him the spy on Brown or Williams

Cant say I agree with this.

Gholston can't get off a block, and honestly, that was our biggest problem last game, bigger than tackling. Harris and Scott got wrapped up far too much. They need to do a better job coming off blocks... If so, they should have no problem wrapping up the ball carrier.

Cotchery will be a huge help if he comes back, but who knows. Rex says he's confident a guy is coming back every week and then it seems like he's gone for a month.

The Jets struggle against the run because they get blocked. The problem against Miami is that guys were there to make plays, when unblocked but failed miserably. Like Brian Thomas in Dolphann's .GIF.

Archived