***OFFICIAL 2009 WORLD SERIES GAME THREAD- Philadelphia Phillies v NY Yankees***

Vudu

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't even want to watch this game.

Pedro is at 59 pitches through 3. He is doing well but they are working the count. It is catch 22 if they were attacking him more they might have scored already or they could have helped him (lower pitch count).

Jump on him for a run or two in the 4th and then he is gone after 5. Let's see what the Phillies bullpen looks like.

Man, how the flying F--k does Jeter let that pitch - a fastball right down the middle of the plate - go by without swinging?

Please tell me WTF he was waiting for?

I am beginning to think that, like Rex a few times this season, the manager just did not mentally prepare this team to play. I mean this is THE BIZ, the world series for christsake, at least go down fighting.

They look like shyte right now, VERY frustrating to watch...but not as frustrating as a jets loss though, just love the jets about 1000x more.

Man, how the flying F--k does Jeter let that pitch - a fastball right down the middle of the plate - go by without swinging?

Please tell me WTF he was waiting for?

I am beginning to think that, like Rex a few times this season, the manager just did not mentally prepare this team to play. I mean this is THE BIZ, the world series for christsake, at least go down fighting.

They look like shyte right now, VERY frustrating to watch...but not as frustrating as a jets loss though, just love the jets about 1000x more.

Does AJ need to put a man on base EVERY freaking inning? 3-0 already, why can't he throw strikes to start people off?

No surprise, he falls behind in the count, so the hitter expects a FB over the plate and pushes it for a hit... :(

There is no way you are a Yankees fan.

This ones over if they can't do anything right here.

Agreed, the heart of the lineup is coming up, and if they cannot start making progress, they will go down in fo'.

The sad thing is that they are not even hitting the ball hard for outs, like they did at times in the twins or early part of the angels series, just half-swing popups.

OOOOOOOOOooohhhh - just as i say noone is hitting the ball hard, Tex mashes one....luuuuv it!

Huh? Something tells me that you don't get along well with people you disagree with.

You show up and have other Yankee fans last night irate with your commentary. You just don't seem like a Yankee fan. My personal opinion.

If that was the case thered be no way he could run a fan forum.

Uh, lets see now, I have been following the yanks since 1975 or so, have been to some 1,000 games, had season tickets back in the 80s, have yankee memorabilia - BUT - because I don't see them pulling this WS out unless their bats wake up and they start hitting, I am "not" a yankee fan.

According to certain posters, what are the qualifications of being one? Is there a jetnation.com litmus test for yankee fans?

I think its rather fair to say that this is one of the less welcoming internet forums I can recall...

I think its rather fair to say that this is one of the less welcoming internet forums I can recall...

If you have been here since 2008 and are just figuring that part out now that isn't good. :-P

You are just really negative. Calm down the Yankees will win this series.

Uh, lets see now, I have been following the yanks since 1975 or so, have been to some 1,000 games, had season tickets back in the 80s, have yankee memorabilia - BUT - because I don't see them pulling this WS out unless their bats wake up and they start hitting, I am "not" a yankee fan.

According to certain posters, what are the qualifications of being one? Is there a jetnation.com litmus test for yankee fans?

Dude, I never said you weren't - I was the only one last night that didn't give you that much **** cause you backed it up with numbers.

Max is just saying you don't sound like most yankees fans, he's not saying your not one.

You show up and have other Yankee fans last night irate with your commentary. You just don't seem like a Yankee fan. My personal opinion.

LOL, like who, one schlep who was just pissed off over them losing the first game?

Try going to the 1981 series, with basically them being given the title before the series started, winning the first 2 handily, and then getting smoked in the next 4.

THAT was a more frustrating Series loss than any of the others.

Anyway, "irate" is a bit strong of a description, and from what i have seen of most of the comments today, many ppl are in agreement with me over the yanks weak hitting.

You might want to go here to see if I am alone in my beliefs:

http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread.php?t=120752&page=38

LOL, like who, one schlep who was just pissed off over them losing the first game?

Try going to the 1981 series, with basically them being given the title before the series started, winning the first 2 handily, and then getting smoked in the next 4.

THAT was a more frustrating Series loss than any of the others.

Anyway, "irate" is a bit strong of a description, and from what i have seen of most of the comments today, many ppl are in agreement with me over the yanks weak hitting.

You might want to go here to see if I am alone in my beliefs:

http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread.php?t=120752&page=38

I posted at NYYFans for a minute. Way too many people on that forum for me. By the time you get out your opinion 6 other people already said the same thing.

Lots of knowledgeable posters over there, just moves too fast for me.

Dude, I never said you weren't - I was the only one last night that didn't give you that much **** cause you backed it up with numbers.

Max is just saying you don't sound like most yankees fans, he's not saying your not one.

Hi Jbro, you are definitely one of the more level-headed people here.

BUuuut, he did say:

"There is no way you are a Yankees fan."

Not "you don't sound like one."

Anyway, I think you get to a certain point and realize it just may not be your year, and leave it at that. I am so upset over losing jenkins that i would GLADLY trade a yankees losing in a sweep to have kris and leon back healthy, the jets are just that much more important to me.

Fact of the matter, is that i like the yankees and knicks, but live and die for the jets and isles...bobby nystrom and gillies, where are you..... :rim:

I posted at NYYFans for a minute. Way too many people on that forum for me. By the time you get out your opinion 6 other people already said the same thing.

Lots of knowledgeable posters over there, just moves too fast for me.

Haha, you're not kidding, its one of the more crowded forums i've ever seen

Shyte, why couldn't derek do this in his last at-bat with men on?

And always with 2 men out? Ugh useless johnny kills another rally...grrrrr...

Hi Jbro, you are definitely one of the more level-headed people here.

BUuuut, he did say:

"There is no way you are a Yankees fan."

Not "you don't sound like one."

Anyway, I think you get to a certain point and realize it just may not be your year, and leave it at that. I am so upset over losing jenkins that i would GLADLY trade a yankees losing in a sweep to have kris and leon back healthy, the jets are just that much more important to me.

Fact of the matter, is that i like the yankees and knicks, but live and die for the jets and isles...bobby nystrom and gillies, where are you..... :rim:

Same way minus Knicks plus Isles. I'd trade all future Yankees World Series for one Jets Superbowl...

Same way minus Knicks plus Isles. I'd trade all future Yankees World Series for one Jets Superbowl...

And then some. Even the Bucs won one a few years ago those bastards, if they can we should be able to.

I just hope they win another one soon, i've waited 40 after watching Broadway J win our last one, and if you told me in '69 I'd have to go 40+ for another one, I would have cried...

Archived